Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Police officer murders dog at Adam Morgan Festival in Washington, DC

HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited October 2011 in Off Topic

The dog was named Parrot. This was taken moments before Parrot was murdered by the cop. The cop drove his knee into the middle of Parrot's back while stretching Parrot's forelegs behind him, as one would do with an armed criminal. Without waiting to determine whether this technique would calm Parrot, the cop grabbed Parrot, lifted him off the ground, and brought him to the top of the concrete staircase. He threw Parrot over the banister, down twelve steps, and onto the concrete floor. Then, the cop stood at the top of the stairs, drew his weapon, and executed Parrot. Aaron, the animal's owner, cannot recall the number of shots fired. Witnesses state that Parrot was not harming anybody and was simply frightened by the cop.

Last Sunday afternoon, Aaron Block brought his two-year-old Pit bull mix to the Adam Morgan Festival in Washington,DC; a family oriented street festival celebrating the area neighborhoods, artisans, street vendors, and businesses. As Block walked up 18th Street with his rescue dog Parrot, Sheila Martins and her Bichon-poodle mix walked by, Parrot attacked the smaller dog. Block was able to separate the dogs and was subduing Parrot when the police arrived.

The story now takes on two conflicting sides.

According to Block, Parrot was calming down when the policeman came over, grabbed the dog and threw the dog over the steps. The dog was getting up, and the officer shot him. He's a " very people-friendly dog with absolutely no bite history," stated Block about the dog he was fostering from Lucky Dog Animal Rescue.

Officer Scott Fike, a 25 year veteran fired one shot at Parrot killing the dog and claimed the dog started running at him to attack. Jacob Kishter, commander backed up the officer's story. Police witness Tony DePass, a former DC police officer also stated the dog was charging.

Now according to multiple eyewitnesses, " Parrot had already been subdued and was being held securely by his foster Aaron Block, when the police arrived on the scene; Parrot was not 'out of control.' Lucky Dog Animal Rescue states the dog did not charge officers either. " The dog was just getting to his feet when the officer drew his gun and opened fire without provocation." Eyewitness, Jennifer Naideth, a festival participant supported Block's story, and called the dog killing " so unnecessary and so violent."

If this story seems vaguely familiar, many readers will remember Bear-Bear's killing when he was running off leash in Severn, Md at Quail Run dog park. An off-duty officer shot Bear-Bear, a family's Siberian husky who later died of massive internal injuries when the officer claimed the dog had attacked his dog. The officer, Keith Elgin has been charged with misdemeanor animal cruelty and gun charges.

Comments

• MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The officer, Keith Elgin has been charged with misdemeanor animal cruelty and gun charges.
    Only misdemeanor animal cruelty? That's total bullshit.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It's a cop, the worst they'd do is give him a week without pay
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • It's a cop, the worst they'd do is give him a week without pay
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    The officer, Keith Elgin has been charged with misdemeanor animal cruelty and gun charges.
    Only misdemeanor animal cruelty? That's total bullshit.
    imageimage
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    this makes me sick.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    this makes me sick.
    imageimage
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    this makes me sick.
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited October 2011
    police are scum, plain and simple.

if you disagree check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpwYGp4a0cQ

every 52 hours a cop is killed... not enough if you ask me.

Anonymous is offering a 1000 dollar reward for info on who threw that stun grenade
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I can't believe I haven't read about this until now. I was up at Adam's Morgan earlier this week.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    When I look at both sides of this I see where it days the dog charged him then remember wait the dog just got thrown down a flight a steps he won't be moving very quick when he gets up. Then I'm like wait it says the first picture was taken moments before the dog was killed. So wait if the cop is holding the dog down why would he get up and proceed to throw the dog down a flight a steps. Makes no sense. Usually I try and see some of the reasoning why cops would do things but this one is unexplainable. I would not be sad if someone caused injury to this cop for this.

This also reminds me it drives me crazy when people throw a fit about certain breeds such as a pit bull because they are dangerous. I don't think it's fair to the breeds just because they are bigger I have seen little dogs bite at and fight with other dogs and people 1000x's more than I have seen large breeds with a bad rep. I would never own a Pomeranian because of this to me those little fuckers are worse than a god damn pitbull
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Behemoth24Behemoth24 Posts: 469 salt miner
    this makes me sick.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    it's ridiculous to think that the dog caught him off guard and he was still able to pull his gun, fire and mortally wound the dog. he was *planning* on killing that dog, regardless of circumstance.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Fuck cops. Its always the dogs fault with these types of things. A year or 2 ago a cop killed my friends lab. A fucking lab! Douchebag barely got in trouble.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I like that the witness defending the cop is a cop.

I could see killing the dog if it was a legitimate threat but even if it was trying to kill him, I hardly think throwing it down a flight of stairs is protocol.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The picture shows the cop holding the dog down with 2 other cops and a bunch of other people just standing around. If those other cops assisted in helping hold the dog down until animal control got there, none of this would have happened. I dont see how he can throw a dog down a flight of steps if it's attacking him. Makes no sense. Just another cop abusing his power, it's something new everyday. They have to stop letting regular punks who dont want to go to school just in the police academy, they have to make it stricter imo. Make it more of a challenge. This is a disgrace. Stories like this make my skin crawl.
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    alright you know what those of you saying "Fuck cops" need to fuck off. Without cops you would probably be fucking robbed and murdered by now. Just because there is a few bad ones doesnt mean every single one is. Go to fucking hell you ungrateful cock sucking pieces of shit.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    alright you know what those of you saying "Fuck cops" need to fuck off. Without cops you would probably be fucking robbed and murdered by now. Just because there is a few bad ones doesnt mean every single one is. Go to fucking hell you ungrateful cock sucking pieces of shit.

Fuck cops.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Dog had it coming.

No trollface for you.

• Behemoth24Behemoth24 Posts: 469 salt miner
    edited October 2011
    This cop is a piece of shit, there was absolutely no reason for him to kill the dog. Shooting the dog, yeah..I can see where that may have been an appropriate action if the dog was getting out of control and attacking people. Multiple witnesses have stated that the dog at no time was out of control. I cannot see any reason where he felt that after he knocked the dog down that it needed to be thrown down a flight of stairs. He had every intention of killing the dog when he got involved. This piece of shit cop was having a bad day and wanted to take it out on someone or something. I just feel bad that the dog had to face the brunt of all of it.

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Dog shouldn't have attacked the smaller one. /story