Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Why are we killing Troy Davis?

Comments

• That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    On a side note, regardless of costs I'm still against the death penalty for personal moral reasons.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    well then...fuck your shit!
    Lol
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Apparently we have learned nothing from the West Memphis Three.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm kind of on the fence about the death penalty. I mean if there is hard concrete evidence and especially people that hurt children. But the problem I have is why does it take years and years to put some of these scumbags to death? I mean usually after the 20 years the person has chanhed and it doesn't feel right to me in some cases. I know it will never happen, but I like shanes idea.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I don't believe in the way the death penalty is used. A lot of people use it just because of the emotional attachment of the crime. I think they should just keep them in jail if they are positive they did it but don't kill them until there is real evidence.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    I agree. People should be put to death if there is proof, no questions, no debate, just proof.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    what i think is severly lacking in our justice system is the use of polygraph testing and being able to use it in a court of law...

polygraph tests are not foolproof but according to tests they are about 99 pecent accurate, if you ask me 99 percent is a shit ton more accurate than relying on actual human determination...yes someone could beat a polygraph test but the odds of doing so is very very low and i truly believe you could get some serius answers on whose lying under oathe and all that jazz takien out just by these simple tests
    Lawyers petitioned yesterday for Davis to be given a polygraph and it was denies. I wonder why?
    yup for some reason there scared to use polygraphs in the court of law....scared of the truth probably, do you know how much good they could do? i mean if you polygraphed every person on the stands testimony? you could even polygraph the jury, it makes to much sense tho fuck it
    Yeah I mean a witness answers so many questions during testimony. It should be easy to use polygraphs. Its not like its one question, you would be able to see their reaction from the length of questions, but it will never ever happen.
    polygraph tests: 99 percent accurate

people determining whos lying/guilty just by the way they react and answer question and there own biases: 50 percent accurate maybe

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I don't agree with polygraph tests. But that's just me. Continue.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    I don't agree with polygraph tests. But that's just me. Continue.
    You're Lying!!!
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

people determining whos lying/guilty just by the way they react and answer question and there own biases: 50 percent accurate maybe

I've taken multiple polygraphs. With most people, polygraphs are 99% accurate. It is a sliding scale though. Some people are almost impossible to polygraph, however the output of their test would be 100% inconclusive. Some people (like me) are so easy to poly... My subconscious reactions were off the chart, something I feel I have no control over. And I tried to trip them up, make it as hard as I could... nope-the test questions easily graphed out my truths from lies.
    yea well if the tests come out inconclusive, then dont use them but at least use the tests that do come out clear cut.. i mean what could it hurt to have more information in the court room, im baffled how they dont use it

i would also never in a million years be able to beat a polygraph lol
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    right... that was my point. Give the dude a poly and the output would either be "this dude is 100% innocent" or "this dude is 100% guilty" or "we can't tell one way or the other". I dont know actual statistics, but I believe the people that fall into easy to read is something like 75% of everyone. 24% are in the inconclusive group. and then there is this really small percent of people that might actually be able to beat it. This approaches almost zero.... It is people with things like schizophrenia that might be able to beat it.
    edited September 2011
    yup, so which woud you trust more a test that says due to his brain this guy is 100 percent gulity or a person in the jury basing his guilt of a hunch usually based of pyschological reasons that has have nothing to do with how a person is gulity or not...i mean they use so many tactics in court, trying to put the jury in the persons shoes, make the jury feel emotions and all that stuff...emotions can sway logic..i dont see why you wouldnt rather use a tool that is one hundred percent logical in determining people lives instead of " yeah that angry black dude seems guilty better give him a death sentence"..total bullshit
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep

I've taken multiple polygraphs. With most people, polygraphs are 99% accurate. It is a sliding scale though. Some people are almost impossible to polygraph, however the output of their test would be 100% inconclusive. Some people (like me) are so easy to poly... My subconscious reactions were off the chart, something I feel I have no control over. And I tried to trip them up, make it as hard as I could... nope-the test questions easily graphed out my truths from lies.
    the guy who pioneered the polygraph system (designed, etc...) has written books about how it's 99% garbage.....former FBI, i believe....
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    what happened to democracy? let the families kill the people that killed their family members. let the raped beat the shit out of the rapist and cut off their dicks.
    id support this
    imageimage