Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Why are we killing Troy Davis?

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I dont know how someone that has no physical evidence against them, 7 witnesses say they testifies cause they were pressured by cops, 3 jurors said knowing what they know today they wouldnt have came to the same conclusion, a man who proclaimed innocence even on his death bed and had supporters such as the pope and a former US president can be put to death. Justice was not served tonight and I hope his attorney's prove he is innocent. I mean for christs fucking sake, whats the difference if he got commuted to life without parole, especially with all the inconsistencies with the case. It's bullshit. Shame on everyone who could have stopped this and didn't. But I guess it's a mute point now, he's fucking dead. Hopefully they find evidence of his non guilt and it will make our counrty look harder at putting to death innocent men. IMO noone should be put to death unless there is concrete evidence and this was not the case with Troy Davis. RIP Troy Davis.
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    they won't do anything but sweep the case under the rug n move on
    This. Casey Anthony walks and Troy Davis dies.
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    they both should have, Anthony was rightfully acquitted
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    in a ideal perfect justice world tho anthony would be rotting in jail
    they both should have, Anthony was rightfully acquitted
    Due to evidence your correct. But imo its very obvious she had more to do with it then was revealed.
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
    yes but not for murder.

Davis's plight will not just be swept under the rug though. his execution will throw a fuckton of gasoline on the fire to abolish the death penalty, he will end up a martyr.
    yes but not for murder.

Davis's plight will not just be swept under the rug though. his execution will throw a fuckton of gasoline on the fire to abolish the death penalty, he will end up a martyr.
    I think she did kill her. I just think it was an accident and she panicked to cover it up.
  • monicaamonicaa Posts: 7,109 destroyer of motherfuckers
    According to my uncle, there's a lot more that the media hasn't put out there. And this man, is actually a very bad criminal. But who knows.
    According to my uncle, there's a lot more that the media hasn't put out there. And this man, is actually a very bad criminal. But who knows.
    On what grounds does your uncle say that?
    personally i support the death penalty over life in prison w/o parole but the system is broken. i personally believe 5 years after a person is convicted a group of 12 judges and 12 DA's review all aspects of the case in private. after a while they meet and discuss the case, if and only if all 24 of them believe unanimously there is no reasonable doubt whatsoever the person is swiftly executed thereafter
    personally i support the death penalty over life in prison w/o parole but the system is broken. i personally believe 5 years after a person is convicted a group of 12 judges and 12 DA's review all aspects of the case in private. after a while they meet and discuss the case, if and only if all 24 of them believe unanimously there is no reasonable doubt whatsoever the person is swiftly executed thereafter
    I completely agree.
    On what grounds does your uncle say that?
    I honestly don't know. I don't even know my uncle, or that side of the family very well. But he's blowing up my facebook. I know he used to be a cop in GA. So i'm sure he knows somethings that not everyone else does. But I dunno. He's flipping out. I'll screenshot it, haha.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    the proof is in the color of his skin...
    Amen to that, mhmm.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    lets look at the other side of the coin for a minute..... and granted that using Mexico as a reference is probably an extreme worst-case scenario

but a country like Mexico has no death penalty, people ARE NOT allowed to own guns (except specialized hunting rifles). I think there is some possibility that if the death penalty is ever abolished in the US crime rate wont really raise in occurrence but in extremity. You'll have psychos going and skinning people alive, or turning their dome into a smashed watermelon. The criminal biggest worry will be keeping his butthole tight in prison; and not possibly getting poisoned to death.

In Mexico; if a group or cokeheads break into your house (with your wife and kids in it) and you bust out a gun and shot them all..... YOU go to prison. Not because of murder, but because of owning a gun. Usually people are let go within a week once its been completely determined that it was self defense. Even in some cases people have spent years in prison for protecting the lives of their family.

Death Penalty can be used a great control in crime severity..... someone of thinking of doing the most foul shit imaginable to a person may just think twice about if he knows that there's a chance the state will kill his ass.

If its abolished.....you COULD have people getting round up, killed, and thrown in the middle of a highway. (like they just did in a southern Mexican state:)

• ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    i like the death penalty
    id rather have that than have to pay for someones life in prison
    imageimage
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    edited September 2011
    of course.....that's a big hypothetical, and an extreme one at that.

tbh....im not in favor of either the death penalty, or taking away the 2nd amendment. (which was just a "BTW" thing to be mentioned)
    I don't agree with the death penalty at all.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    i like the death penalty
    id rather have that than have to pay for someones life in prison
    It actually costs more to kill someone because of the lengthy and very expensive appeals process that pretty much every death row inmate goes through. Legal costs are friggin high.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    well then...fuck your shit!
    imageimage