Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Pennsylvania trying to make English offical language.

13»

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    This is America. We speak America.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    English is easy though..... compared even to Spanish.
    you should know Spanish

I remember when I was working down in SD last year, I wanted to try random Mexican restaurants to find the best Mexican in SD. Anyways... I went to this place that was 5 miles from the border, and I was standing in line, and then noticed that I was not only the only white guy in the place, but also the only one not speaking Spanish. I got up to order and just with with "numero uno" because that was all I knew to say. when they were calling out orders I just waited until they called one that no one went up to claim and figured that one was mine.

The food was AWESOME!
    I'm fluent in Spanish.... the spelling/grammar fails me sometimes is all.

I took Spanish for two years in High school.... it was horrible, so many unnecessary rules. With accents and word tense.

I have absolutely no interest in diving into Spanish though; i'm going to try to learn German soon enough though.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    fuck yeah, i talk good english
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    fuck yeah, i talk good english
    One time I listened to a guy say that we should learn to speak Mexican cause of jobs and I was like fuck that.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    whats aggrevating me is putting the spanish language in preschoolers TV shows. ultra confusing to a 5 year old learning to read and write to see a bunch of extra words that mean the same thing. i think they should get a full grasp of English before another language is dumped on them
    that's the best age for a person to become bi-lingual, tri-lingual, etc... proven fact.

Books are in English though, give your kids some of those instead of plopping them in front of the TV
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm fluent in Spanish.... the spelling/grammar fails me sometimes is all.
    ^:)^ that is totally sweet! \m/
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    whats aggrevating me is putting the spanish language in preschoolers TV shows. ultra confusing to a 5 year old learning to read and write to see a bunch of extra words that mean the same thing. i think they should get a full grasp of English before another language is dumped on them
    that's the best age for a person to become bi-lingual, tri-lingual, etc... proven fact.

Books are in English though, give your kids some of those instead of plopping them in front of the TV
    TV's / DVD's are better, when you are trying to learn. He get's to hear how the words sound, which benefits him greatly. He has a ton of books and spends a lot of time working thru them, but does watch TV sometimes. I would appreciate the learning shows to mark the shows to whether or not they are bilingual. most shows have a handful of episodes like that, while others, all episodes are like that.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    God I hate people who can't speak english
    This.
    If they're in this country (not visiting), then I agree.