Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Pennsylvania trying to make English offical language.

BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
edited September 2011 in Off Topic
http://articles.mcall.com/2011-09-14/news/mc-pa-english-as-official-language-20110914_1_official-language-english-only-bill-foreign-languages

This better pass. Im all for diversity but if your going to live here speak the fucking language.
I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you

Comments

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    This better pass. Im all for diversity but if your going to live hear speak the fucking language.
    *here

<_>
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    This better pass. Im all for diversity but if your going to live hear speak the fucking language.
    *here

<_>
    Sorry im on the phone and my spell check kept changing it to that. Idk why.
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
    *here

<_>
    Mmhmm...
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    *here

<_>
    Mmhmm...
    =;
    Can't see smileys on my computer so I have no clue what you posted.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'd rather there be no law on official language, and I would more prefer to live in a location that had multiple languages spoken fluently that forced me to learn a second language fluently. I've often thought having the ability to speak multiple languages is a clear sign of intelligence.... so I'd appreciate the challenge.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    well thats great for you but most people would rather just know the language they speak 100 percent of the time everyday all day ....
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    God I hate people who can't speak english
    imageimage
  • monicaamonicaa Posts: 7,109 destroyer of motherfuckers
    God I hate people who can't speak english
    This.
    I'd rather there be no law on official language, and I would more prefer to live in a location that had multiple languages spoken fluently that forced me to learn a second language fluently. I've often thought having the ability to speak multiple languages is a clear sign of intelligence.... so I'd appreciate the challenge.
    Gotta say I'm definitely with Wake on this one.
    i have absolutely no interest in learning spanish zero, and why should I? u can call me unintelligent thats fine but lifes too short for that kind of bulshit...anyways does an offical language even mean anything...its prob like your state tree lol its borderline useless information...
    i feel bad for other countries too having to learn our dumbass language
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    English is easy though..... compared even to Spanish.
    I also agree with Nola that such a law is meaningless. Like the state tree, or state flower, or whatever. No tax money should be spent trying to make this a law as the law would do nothing. English already is the defacto unofficial language in every state... stupid law is stupid.

I don't however agree with Nola on leaning multiple languages being stupid. I am fine with him having that opinion, however I shall continue to have mine which I already stated.
    i didnt say it was stupid, i just think MOST people would rather not and it shouldnt be forced on them to do so..if u want learn as many languagaes as u want on your free time, have a blast
    you should know Spanish

I remember when I was working down in SD last year, I wanted to try random Mexican restaurants to find the best Mexican in SD. Anyways... I went to this place that was 5 miles from the border, and I was standing in line, and then noticed that I was not only the only white guy in the place, but also the only one not speaking Spanish. I got up to order and just with with "numero uno" because that was all I knew to say. when they were calling out orders I just waited until they called one that no one went up to claim and figured that one was mine.

The food was AWESOME!
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    you should know Spanish

I remember when I was working down in SD last year, I wanted to try random Mexican restaurants to find the best Mexican in SD. Anyways... I went to this place that was 5 miles from the border, and I was standing in line, and then noticed that I was not only the only white guy in the place, but also the only one not speaking Spanish. I got up to order and just with with "numero uno" because that was all I knew to say. when they were calling out orders I just waited until they called one that no one went up to claim and figured that one was mine.

The food was AWESOME!
    welcome to my world
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    What's the official language now? Ebonics?