Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Pennsylvania trying to make English offical language.

Comments

• TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    I'm sorry but most people who say their native tongue is english can barely speak it.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    no what i used to hate when i was younger? when older peeps would correct me with useless shit like id say me and friends are going out and theyd be like uh uh uh my friends and I, in myhead i would always be like uh uh uh shut the fuck up
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    English is easy though..... compared even to Spanish.
    you should know Spanish

I remember when I was working down in SD last year, I wanted to try random Mexican restaurants to find the best Mexican in SD. Anyways... I went to this place that was 5 miles from the border, and I was standing in line, and then noticed that I was not only the only white guy in the place, but also the only one not speaking Spanish. I got up to order and just with with "numero uno" because that was all I knew to say. when they were calling out orders I just waited until they called one that no one went up to claim and figured that one was mine.

The food was AWESOME!
    welcome to my world
    I want to live in your world of only awesome tasting food.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    You get paid more if you speak multiple languages....
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    i have absolutely no interest in learning spanish zero, and why should I? u can call me unintelligent thats fine but lifes too short for that kind of bulshit...anyways does an offical language even mean anything...its prob like your state tree lol its borderline useless information...
    They would change all state and legal documents to English only. We need it i live right next to Allentown PA which about a good percentage of that city doesnt speak English. Hell alot of the billboards are in Spanish
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
    state documents? oooooooooooo big fuckin deal, and kid changing the state language will have nothing to do with what language they advertise on billboards, sorry
    well we were going to make that billboard but now the state language is officially english so i guess we cant :|
    state documents? oooooooooooo big fuckin deal, and kid changing the state language will have nothing to do with what language they advertise on billboards, sorry
    Oh i know that. Its just annoying where i need a damn translator to go to a city 5 min from my house while my city speaks mainly only English. They even are starting to put street signs in Spanish its fucking retarded.
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
    i understand thats annoying, i would be pretty annoyed too but changing the state language unfortunately wont really improve your situation...
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    whats aggrevating me is putting the spanish language in preschoolers TV shows. ultra confusing to a 5 year old learning to read and write to see a bunch of extra words that mean the same thing. i think they should get a full grasp of English before another language is dumped on them
    i understand thats annoying, i would be pretty annoyed too but changing the state language unfortunately wont really improve your situation...
    I can be optimistic lol. Deep down i know it wont really change anything. Whats worse is there are A TON of school in that city that offer free English classes every week and people refuse to go cause its "discriminating" to try and learn a language to work better in society. They want that area to change for them and sadly in some areas it is.
    whats aggrevating me is putting the spanish language in preschoolers TV shows. ultra confusing to a 5 year old learning to read and write to see a bunch of extra words that mean the same thing. i think they should get a full grasp of English before another language is dumped on them
    I thought it was funny in "Fun with Dick and Jane" how their 3 year old kid spoke fluent Spanish because both parents worked and their maid/babysitter was Hispanic.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    I support this completely so when the filthy illegals get all their free healthcare and money from the goverment they have to fill the form out in English
    I support this completely so when the filthy illegals get all their free healthcare and money from the goverment they have to fill the form out in English
    DAY DOOK DAR DOBS!!!!!!
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    you come to OUR country, you learn OUR language
    imageimage
    has nothing to do bout jobs. all these illegals get free healthcare when my wife a disabled American citizen can't get shit
    how exactly does one get free healthcare? last time I checked... obama care, wasnt free healthcare but legislation making it illegal for people to not have healthcare.
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    I'd rather there be no law on official language, and I would more prefer to live in a location that had multiple languages spoken fluently that forced me to learn a second language fluently. I've often thought having the ability to speak multiple languages is a clear sign of intelligence.... so I'd appreciate the challenge.
    Gotta say I'm definitely with Wake on this one.
    This.

And now I will proceed to not touch this thread with a ten foot pole.
    but honestly though.... I'm not as convinced there is really as wide spread of a problem as you are making it out to be.
    i worked with about 12 illegals b4 INS brought the hammer down. they talked about all the shit they got from the state, they were getting free healthcare. one was getting 3500 bucks a month in food stamps for her 12 kids