Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Official Mayhem Fest 2012 Thread

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies

35$ for a XXL isn't much of a surprise. I thought it was universal knowledge that bigger sizes cost 2-5 dollars more the regular priced sizes. Stop bitchin' and start runnin'...and water and fries cost 5 at your venue? That must be nice..a water and fries at mine cost you close to $10, maybe more now
    As someone who doesn't wear XXl shirts I doubt you're the authority on how much they usually cost
    It's common knowledge that shirts XXL on up cost extra because they use extra material to make.

God damn you are fucking retarded son. You on a roll this week :))
    Jesus Christ man, I didn't deny that they usually cost more than regular shirts, I thought this was an argument on whether $35 is reasonable for an XXL shirt. Which it isn't.

And fat people aren't the only ones who wear XXL shirts, being 6'5 is sort of a contributing factor to that
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    No..but you're getting me there with that damn phrase reposting the same picture

35$ for a XXL isn't much of a surprise. I thought it was universal knowledge that bigger sizes cost 2-5 dollars more the regular priced sizes. Stop bitchin' and start runnin'...and water and fries cost 5 at your venue? That must be nice..a water and fries at mine cost you close to $10, maybe more now
    As someone who doesn't wear XXl shirts I doubt you're the authority on how much they usually cost
    It's common knowledge that shirts XXL on up cost extra because they use extra material to make.

God damn you are fucking retarded son. You on a roll this week :))
    Jesus Christ man, I didn't deny that they usually cost more than regular shirts, I thought this was an argument on whether $35 is reasonable for an XXL shirt. Which it isn't.

And fat people aren't the only ones who wear XXL shirts, being 6'5 is sort of a contributing factor to that
    We know that too. But don't go on telling people they have no say on something just because they don't wear larger sizes
    imageimage
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    But XXL shirts dont cost extra to make, it's a bunch of bullshit. My buddy prints shirts for bands all over. It costs him to get the shirts, usually Gildan brand which pretty much most bands use, for like $2 a piece up to 5XL, no change in price. he sells them to the band $6 a shirt plus the screen which costs $20, then the bands sell them for however much they want.

Bottom Line, it's a fucking ripoff.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    :|
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    But XXL shirts dont cost extra to make, it's a bunch of bullshit. My buddy prints shirts for bands all over. It costs him to get the shirts, usually Gildan brand which pretty much most bands use, for like $2 a piece up to 5XL, no change in price. he sells them to the band $6 a shirt plus the screen which costs $20, then the bands sell them for however much they want.

George <_>

Difference is these shirts aren't made in America and the ones your buddy are making are from small time shops.

It's going to cost more because they are made overseas in Thailand and all that shit which is why they are more expensive. If they were made here then they wouldn't be.
    wut? its the same brand..... THiland, WTF? X_X

You aren't putting in account the ink they use for print and how much print is used each shirt. There also has to be mass production for these shirts because they're a much bigger band. If you don't like the price just wait until they go on sale...but there isn't any guarentee all the shirts shown will be available. Yeah they're over priced and it sucks but everything is these days. Rubber bracelets for 5 or 8 bucks? Gtfo

imageimage
    wut? its the same brand..... THiland, WTF? X_X
    These shirts are mass produced and that happens overseas in Thailand, Haiti, and so on. I have a lot of those brand shirts you mentioned and they were all made overseas mang.
    If Slayer was playing a show at a local spot, the shirts would be $20. It's overpriced cause I bet the venue/Mayhem makes money off the merch too. Theyre prolly the ones who get them printed for the band. Ink is dirt cheap. The band, label, Mayhem, venue, ect... are making a fucking fortune off these shirts, along with parking, food, drink, and everything else in the building. They'll prolly start charging for water fountain too.
    If Slayer was playing a show at a local spot, the shirts would be $20. It's overpriced cause I bet the venue/Mayhem makes money off the merch too. Theyre prolly the ones who get them printed for the band. Ink is dirt cheap. The band, label, Mayhem, venue, ect... are making a fucking fortune off these shirts, along with parking, food, drink, and everything else in the building. They'll prolly start charging for water fountain too.
    Ink isn't dirt cheap. If it was out haunted house would have gotten some badass shirts printed with backs. Instead it all had to be simple text and 1-2 colors or else they would have been 20 a shirt to order and we'd have to sell em for at least 30..and no one would buy that
    imageimage
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Who gives a fuck?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Who gives a fuck?
    They do. :-B
    inb4lists
    Who gives a fuck?
    I don't. I'm just passing the time
    imageimage
    one of those slayer shirts is about $1 each side the cost of ink.
    edited July 2012

George <_>

Difference is these shirts aren't made in America and the ones your buddy are making are from small time shops.

It's going to cost more because they are made overseas in Thailand and all that shit which is why they are more expensive. If they were made here then they wouldn't be.
    shit made in merica is more money that overseas <_>

I know it's cheaper to make things overseas then it is in America which is why we make everything over there and have it shipped back over here. Just fun playing with George and getting him wiled up, Mr.Killjoy <_>