Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mayhem 2012 Lineup Contest

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    edited August 2011
    I don't think FFDP will be on mayhem next year but they will be on Uproar. I mean nobody want's to see FFDP 3/5 years Mayhem fest has been around.
    this
    especially if they waste a space that a good band could fill
    John Reese does.

I don't know if you've realized this, the tour organizers don't care about wasting spaces with crappy bands, as long as it gets them money.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Last year I said that I would be shocked if Godsmack and As I Lay Dying werent on. Godsmack was, so if Mayhem doesnt snag AILD this year I will be very surprised.

The only reason I say Skeletonwitch is because a LOT of people were asking for them on the suggest a band thing last year. More so than you would expect from Mayhem fans.
    According to some interview Lyman or Reese said that they would have never booked Unearth if they hadn't seen forum members demanding them last year.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Wow, the officialfags did something right.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    edited August 2011
    Main Stage:
    Slipknot
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Five Finger Death Punch
    All That Remains

Side Stages:
    Skeletonwitch
    The Black Dahlia Murder
    Sevendust
    Volbeat
    As I Lay Dying
    The Acacia Strain
    Arch Enemy
    War Of Ages
    Post edited by streets on
    People putting more than 4 bands for main stage will be null and void. Edit and choose one.
    I doubt it would work with anything beyond side stage bands but who knows.
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    Woah, just noticed my Last.FM sig finally works.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

Otep/The Agonist/ Arch Enemy
    Oh, I didnt realize if you put a / in between it became one band. GTFO and choose one
    Yeah the rules state: 4 main stage band, 8 side stage bands.

Anybody with more will not be considered to win.
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    Can I use rotating slots?
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip

Otep/The Agonist/ Arch Enemy
    Oh, I didnt realize if you put a / in between it became one band. GTFO and choose one
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    edited August 2011
    Main Stage:

System of a Down
    Static-X
    Testament
    Anthrax

Side Stages:

Hatebreed
    DevilDriver
    God Forbid
    As I Lay Dying
    Skeletonwitch
    Bury Your Dead
    Dawn of Ashes
    Landmine Marathon
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    Landmine Marathon
    Dumbass
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Landmine Marathon
    Dumbass
    why you gotta be all up in mah kool aid?

Come on dude, they will not be there. This is a mainstream festival. They are not going to get a deathgrind band that has done a grand total of 2 supporting tours. This october they are opening for Warbringer and Fagarus Gay D, two bands who usually open for other bands on tours. If anyone will be on Mayhem it's Lazarus
    edited August 2011
    well theres only so many female fronted bands out there that would be on mayhem fest. i would scratch arch enemy off because they're doing a north american tour starting in september so i think it would be unlikely that they come back to the USA in the summer. kittie would be a good guess i just have a gut feeling they won't be doing it. ITM, i doubt it. The Agonist, very possible but IMO just as possible as Landmine Marathon so i went with LM.