Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

We have a morbid GOV people

Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
edited June 2011 in Off Topic
:
FDA required warning labels

Will graphic FDA required warning labels stop people from smoking?

By Amelia Robinson | Tuesday, June 21, 2011, 09:15 AM

Apparently believing the old saying “a picture is worth 1,000 words,” the FDA plans to require decidedly more graphic and prominent warning labels on cigarette packaging and advertisements starting September 2012.

Warnings as they will appear on labels.

Thank you for voting!

No way 66.07% (37 votes)

maybe 26.79% (15 votes)

Yes 5.36% (3 votes)

Don't know 1.79% (1 votes)

Total Votes: 56

Return To PollShare This
Create Your Own Poll

“These warnings mark the first change in cigarette warnings in more than 25 years and are a significant advancement in communicating the dangers of smoking.” the agency says on its website.

There are 10 labels in all. One features smoke around an infant. Another features a dead body. Still others feature body parts damaged by cigarette smoke.

Click here to see other warnings.

What do you think? Will the warnings make people stop smoking?

Seen & Overheard runs in the Dayton Daily News. Twitter with me at DDNSmartmouth. Have an item for Seen and Overheard? Click here.

Permalink | Comments (10) | Post your comment | Categories: talk

http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/seen_and_overheard/entries/2011/06/21/will_graphic_fda_required_warn.html

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

Comments

• Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer

[-(

blue turbins

:-? dead people on cig pax fukk ya I'll collect the whole fukkin series fukkin aye

[-(

blue turbins

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I don't care either way it's a disgusting habit why not have disgusting pictures to go with it
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    all kinds of ways to go but by god dont die from smoking thats just a sin

[-(

blue turbins

• StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    nigga please these pictures are nothing.... unlike the dead fetus pics other countries use
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Our government must be a little less morbid since Europe already did this... I support it though.
    image Photobucket
    nigga please these pictures are nothing.... unlike the dead fetus pics other countries use
    really they do? a country that wont let us see pics of our worste enemy but i can see dead pics of smoking victims dammit i still dont get it

[-(

blue turbins

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Canada has been doing it for years. People don't care, it wont help.
    Case and point.... Black Death Cigarettes
    Pass the god damn butter.
    smoking is nasty and the packs should look nasty too.
    i think they look cool... they should put random pics of people puking on beer and liquor bottles and taco bell should have skat pics on theyz wrapperz and so on

[-(

blue turbins

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Eh.. I've lost more family members to alcohol over time than smoking.
    image Photobucket
    ah no. cigs are poison, alcohol and tbell are not.
    really you ever seen a pickled liver from a thing called alcohol poisoning?

[-(

blue turbins

that's for idiots who drink too much <_>
    dayna do you think any amount of liquid consumed that can fuel a combustable engine good for you?

Alcohol restricts the flow of blood to the brain which in turn brian cells recieve less Oxagyn which in turn kills the cells vital to brian function just one drink every night your entire life could shorten your life span they say.....

[-(

blue turbins

• AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Cigs are fucking nasty.
    crax open a beerz and says who the fukk wantz to live anywayz i'll be the Greatful Dead \m/

[-(

blue turbins

and they also say a shot of vodka before bed is good for you <_> your point?
    my point iz who givez a fukk lifez a partae i dont live for fukkin jesus and partae on d00dz

[-(

blue turbins

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    The main issue I have with smoking cigs is that it does affect others. I don't care if you want to smoke at home doing your own thing but when I have to stand next to someone smoking a cig that gets annoying. Not only is it bad for health but it makes me feel sick to my stomach. A lot of times I don't go to certain venues because they allow smoking inside and it becomes a cloud in there. Mostly I dis like restaurants that allow smoking.

Also I want to point out I support smoking bans but think they should do it like liquor licenses and let bars have smoking.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!

cigs give you bad breath, ugly teeth, ugly gums, wrecks your lungs, wrecks your throat, wastes a fuck ton of money (not to mention all the medical bills that will come up in your future), makes your skin nasty over time, makes you smell, makes your house/car/etc. smell.

douchebagz like y00z want to tell me that hey DONT TREAD THE FUKK ON ME.... i wanna smoke you dont have to make something morbid about it so fukk ov..... if it werent for the NUKES there proly be a cival war over cuz um tierd of faggotz tellin me how to live and die fukkov

[-(

blue turbins

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Everything is poison..either way people want it, they'll buy it
    imageimage
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    edited June 2011
    I think liquor bottles should have morbid pic on the bottles, because alcohol is just as bad imo
    imageimage
    I'm not telling you not to smoke. do you want you want. I'm just telling you I think you're disgusting for doing it.
    really your all for sick pics on cig pax howabout i take something you like to do and put somethng that fukking offends you on it how the fukk would you like that

[-(

blue turbins