Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Religions diagram according to Google

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    i wanna know why its so much easier to belive in "The Big Bang theory" then in the possibility of God existing....
    Because there's evidence for one and not the other.
    lolno

They are still trying to "FIND" evidence that the Big Bang actually happened. Totally different from having evidence and finding it.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    the book of moron is by far the worst
    it's dumbdumbdumbdumbdumb, but scientology is much, much worse
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    i wanna know why its so much easier to belive in "The Big Bang theory" then in the possibility of God existing....
    lolno

They are still trying to "FIND" evidence that the Big Bang actually happened. Totally different from having evidence and finding it.
    "Creationists make it sound as though a "theory" is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah, there's a difference between The Big Bang Theory and something like evolution.

I don't believe in God because the concept doesn't necessarily make sense to me, not because science is any more compelling. I also happen to believe in the scientific community, but not solely because it's the other in the God vs. Science debate.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    lolno

"Creationists make it sound as though a "theory" is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."
    show me the proof sir :]
    Wine believes in the evolution? :-?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    this thread is full of derp
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    and wake basically put it in a great way...

the fact is, how can you believe in the big bang-which has no set proof, and then hate on religion simply for that same thing. that is something i dont understand.

correction - I don't personally know of any solid proof of the big bang. It might exist, I just haven't seen it.

From what I know if the Big Bang and what I know of Christianity, I agree both sides have evidence to support their theories, but neither has enough evidence to support a proof. As far as I know, both require faith to believe it.
    Yeah, there's a difference between The Big Bang Theory and something like evolution.

I don't believe in God because the concept doesn't necessarily make sense to me, not because science is any more compelling. I also happen to believe in the scientific community, but not solely because it's the other in the God vs. Science debate.
    Wine and I believe a lot of the same thing. Drinking beers with him would probably be pretty boring.
    this thread is full of derp
    What I thought bish.
    regardless of whether or not i believe in scientific data to support the big bang, evolution, etc; i most certainly do not believe a text that was written 2000 years ago by a group of people produced by a culture that was incalculably dumber than ours (even with 'jersey shore') and has been translated countless times by greedy, power-hungry douchebags for centuries to accomodate their needs.

i'll take my chances with "other"
    regardless of whether or not i believe in scientific data to support the big bang, evolution, etc; i most certainly do not believe a text that was written 2000 years ago by a group of people produced by a culture that was incalculably dumber than ours (even with 'jersey shore') and has been translated countless times by greedy, power-hungry douchebags for centuries to accomodate their needs.

i'll take my chances with "other"
    :-))
    I call satan's post "Perspective"
    I call satan's post "Perspective"
    :-c
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    interesting although very judgmental and each religion can't be summed up in just a few words because of extremists
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    there's evidence for both... there's proof for neither.
    So why believe in either?

Let's take the big bang out of it. Even if the theory is completely false it still doesn't mean that we should give the Christian (or any religion) claims any more merit than we do now. Also for the record you're the one who brought up the big bang theory like it's part of some kind of atheist "belief system" which wouldn't make any sense.

I know there is a possibility that science can be wrong, it has been wrong many times before and is a great self-correcting system. I don't simply put "faith" in science and believe it to be the almighty end all source for truth. I understand it's not perfect but I do believe through proper research and evidence it gives us the best possible explanation as to why the way things are as they are. It's not 100% by any means and I'd highly suggest people to do their own research before just believing what some scientist says. You on the other hand put your full faith into a religion that even you admit doesn't meet the necessary burden of proof. That's what I'm not understanding here. Wake couldn't have put it better when he said that the biggest question is right at the beginning of the Bible/Koran/ect. I'd like to know these things before I would ever believe that there is this big almighty deity that apparently controls every aspect of our lives and yet claims that we have "free will" and uses that excuse to send us to this horrid eternal underworld for not living up to the standards that he set in place already knowing that we wouldn't be able to live up to them.

*inb4tl;dr
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    interesting although very judgmental and each religion can't be summed up in just a few words because of extremists
    This is true. Please try to just ignore those who claim Christians, Jews, Muslims, ect a bunch of "gay hating, bible thumping, woman beating, terrorists, ignorant, stupid ass retards who can't think for themselves, blah blah". Believe it or not it annoys me too hearing that kind of talk.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    This is true. Please try to just ignore those who claim Christians, Jews, Muslims, ect a bunch of "gay hating, bible thumping, woman beating, terrorists, ignorant, stupid ass retards who can't think for themselves, blah blah". Believe it or not it annoys me too hearing that kind of talk.
    I do my best. I compare it with metal. There are idiots out there who say metal takes no talent and all metal is is noise but we all know that isn't true. I just try to keep my head on straight when people generalize a complete culture or religion in just a few words. sometimes it can be difficult lol
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    there's evidence for both... there's proof for neither.
    So why believe in either?

Let's take the big bang out of it. Even if the theory is completely false it still doesn't mean that we should give the Christian (or any religion) claims any more merit than we do now. Also for the record you're the one who brought up the big bang theory like it's part of some kind of atheist "belief system" which wouldn't make any sense.

I know there is a possibility that science can be wrong, it has been wrong many times before and is a great self-correcting system. I don't simply put "faith" in science and believe it to be the almighty end all source for truth. I understand it's not perfect but I do believe through proper research and evidence it gives us the best possible explanation as to why the way things are as they are. It's not 100% by any means and I'd highly suggest people to do their own research before just believing what some scientist says. You on the other hand put your full faith into a religion that even you admit doesn't meet the necessary burden of proof. That's what I'm not understanding here. Wake couldn't have put it better when he said that the biggest question is right at the beginning of the Bible/Koran/ect. I'd like to know these things before I would ever believe that there is this big almighty deity that apparently controls every aspect of our lives and yet claims that we have "free will" and uses that excuse to send us to this horrid eternal underworld for not living up to the standards that he set in place already knowing that we wouldn't be able to live up to them.

*inb4tl;dr
    i know what your saying. that wasnt the point of my post... I may not have put it in best terms... i was simply trying state why is it ok to believe in "the big bang" like so many people here do, which doesnt have 100% proof, and then hate on religion simply cuz it cant be proven... either except both ideas as a possibilty, or dont accept either.

as for the big bang, i dont think it DIDNT happen. it very well could have. but i think that if it did, it MAY have been caused due to a devine being simply because the chance of random events happening is so small.

i didnt mean it as a "dont put your faith in science" kinda thing. i guess i was just more curious about why people believe in the big bang more strongly then the possibility of a devine being--even if the being just created stuff and left, is all.

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers