Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Religions diagram according to Google

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    How about the biggest? You know the main assumption of every single god damn religion? The very first words... "In the beginning GOD". Let me rephrase that for you. "Assume there is this supernatural, all powerful being..."

"hold up... why one?"
    "No no no... shut-up. Assume there is this one supernatural being..."
    "Where'd he come from? How he get his powers?"
    "Will you just shut the fuck up and listen? So assume for a second that there is this all powerful supernatural being, then here is his story here on earth.." hands you the bible/koran/book of mormon

okay. what if I dont want to make that assumption? That is what I don't get about religion... Why don't people ever not challenge the main assumption of the bible? It's stupid.
    i agree especially since in Genesis alone there are 2 different creation story's
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i agree especially since in Genesis alone there are 2 different creation story's
    you agree that is the biggest problem with religion? or you just agree that it is something bad about religion?
    the biggest problem with religion is the fact it still exists but i do agree with you that that is a big one
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    little things just make it lose credibility
    imageimage
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    i wanna know why its so much easier to belive in "The Big Bang theory" then in the possibility of God existing....
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    because it has scientific proof that it could have happened?
    imageimage
    i wanna know why its so much easier to belive in "The Big Bang theory" then in the possibility of God existing....
    um maybe cuz there's partial hard data to prove it actually happened
    such as?
    edited June 2011
    i don't got that shit on the top of my head. ask steven hawking.

but the fact is scientists have theory's based of the laws of physics that it could have happened.

there is no proof whatsoever besides the bible and faith that creation happened
    the bibles story is actually contradicting to its teachings
    imageimage
    not to mention there's 2 of them
    well yea, that too
    imageimage
    ok, so

think of it this way. because a scientist said that they have "evidence in physics that it happend" you believe them? the chances of a big band ever happening are so small, and would need so many random events happening at one time that it would almost be more believable to believe in a God. and whos to say that God didnt use the big band to create life?

there is evidence that history and science even agree with located in the bible... History will tell you Jesus existed, and died. It will also tell you his body cannot be found
    science agrees with the big floods, and other occurences like such.

putting your "faith" in what some scientist says, about an event with a very miniscule chance of happening is just as bad as how you say people putting their faith in God is bad.
    not to mention there's 2 of them
    show me where it contradicts itself, and are 2 teachings
    ok, so

think of it this way. because a scientist said that they have "evidence in physics that it happend" you believe them? the chances of a big band ever happening are so small, and would need so many random events happening at one time that it would almost be more believable to believe in a God. and whos to say that God didnt use the big band to create life?

there is evidence that history and science even agree with located in the bible... History will tell you Jesus existed, and died. It will also tell you his body cannot be found
    science agrees with the big floods, and other occurences like such.

putting your "faith" in what some scientist says, about an event with a very miniscule chance of happening is just as bad as how you say people putting their faith in God is bad.
    i will put my faith in scientific theory before a 2000 year old book of fairy tales that has 2 completely different creation storys.

it can only have happened 1 way MC, so which of the bibles story's is accurate and which one is wrong
    which story are you saying there are two of?
    if adam and eve were the first humans and they populated the world, their chilren and adam and eve themselves would be involved in incest which is a sin in the bible
    its common sense
    imageimage
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    give me a link to YOUR 'proof' then
    imageimage
    just cuz Adam and Eve were the first people created, doesnt mean there were others elsewhere later.