Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**The Official Iron Maiden fucking SUCKS thread**

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    strat, i compared them that way because thats how most people compare bands, breaking it down by instrument. i just wanted to start some kind of discussion. i really dont rate a band buy how talented musically each of there players are, just on whether or not i like the final product they create. now more times than often there more musically talented band makes better music but that is not always the case. example i would take johnny cash over the eagles any day and the are better than him "musically" almost all around. and i dont see why LOG vox are "lazy"...... have you heard Burn the priest as well?? i dont see why LOG gets so much negative attention in this light when the vox dont sound to much different from alot of the harsher vox bands you listen to
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    CF? y u no respond??
    I did respond
    I asked you to explain what made you like IM so much personally?
    This thread is oozing with stupidity and I won't lower myself to explain something that is actually well thought out, to a bunch of idiots who will just respond with more stupid comments.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    I'm just using LOG because that was the band that was brought up
    now more times than often there more musically talented band makes better music but that is not always the case.
    oh definitely:

but what makes randys vox so much worse than say Akerfeldt on bloodbath???
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    CF? y u no respond??
    I did respond
    I asked you to explain what made you like IM so much personally?
    This thread is oozing with stupidity and I won't lower myself to explain something that is actually well thought out, to a bunch of idiots who will just respond with more stupid comments.
    I thought the conversation was going pretty well. someone mad? I dont understan why you cant explain why you like a band? I'm just trying to get some feedback... maybe theres some shit by them i havent heard that i should listen too...
    just preferences.... Mikael also happens to have one of the sickest gutturals around.

with Log; it's like Alexi Laiho for me. And its the same reason i think his vocal style is lazy too.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPCzOQK4Y6s

Harsh vocals aren't required to have angry sounding music, example above

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBe3JoVlHQI

Just thought I would drop this by too.
    Just posting how different vocal styles can be in metal.
    that kingz x song is badass \m/
    CF, I am dissapoint. [-(
    just preferences.... Mikael also happens to have one of the sickest gutturals around.

with Log; it's like Alexi Laiho for me. And its the same reason i think his vocal style is lazy too.
    what about anselmo then???
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    again I could care less if you or anybody else likes them or not. your mind is made up anyway, so what's the point?
    lol.... anselmo to me; is like Rob Halford to you
    lol alright fine but you cant say hes a "lazy" vocalist..
    again I could care less if you or anybody else likes them or not. your mind is made up anyway, so what's the point?
    but my mind is never made up... I have an open mind and am willing to listen and am very curious as to what makes these guys so special to you... and I would also like you to maybe point me in the direction of songs I could listne to that maybe I would like... I definately dont have my mind made up about them. I respect them tremendously for their talent and like I said, the voice discourages me... I just want to know why theyre great to you.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    lol alright fine but you cant say hes a "lazy" vocalist..
    Anselmo was pretty lazy on Pantera's fast songs and during Superjoint, I like him in Down though.
    cmon the dudes go an amzing metal voice, whether or not you like the dude personally or style wise....
    my favorite thing about Anselmo is he can do it all, scream, yell, growl, do that high pitched shit, and also he can actually sing and has a great voice. he has so much soul in his voice, any band he sang for would make them better. to me there is no comparison between anselmo and halford, halford has one style, anselmo brings multiple styles. not hating on halford here btw... i like priest, just dont like his solo band.
    lol his solo band is wretched