Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**The Official Iron Maiden fucking SUCKS thread**

Comments

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Why I like Maiden....because every song stands out for me. when a Maiden song is played, you know its them. Many bands have copied their sound over the years, but no band sounds exactly like them. Its the collective combination of vocals (any of their vocalists), bass gutiaring, guitaring and drums....many bands have copied, but no band had got it right....
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    yah i dont, and honestly i think maybe black sabbath and down would be the only two metal bands that would make my list for 50 favorite bands/artists of all time
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Why I like Maiden....because every song stands out for me. when a Maiden song is played, you know its them. Many bands have copied their sound over the years, but no band sounds exactly like them. Its the collective combination of vocals (any of their vocalists), bass gutiaring, guitaring and drums....many bands have copied, but no band had got it right....
    I've heard bands from just about every genre play in their style somewhat, hell listen to the intro of War Inside Your Head by Suicidal Tendencies and tell me that it doesn't sound like Maiden.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    for me, the vocals always turned me off from Maiden. I saw them live back in 2005 and thought they put on a great show. I just could never get into that style of vocals... I dont really like the high pitches yelling. I dont hate it, just always made me shy away from Maide. I know they have killer guitar work, just alot of songs sound the same to me.

I've heard bands from just about every genre play in their style somewhat, hell listen to the intro of War Inside Your Head by Suicidal Tendencies and tell me that it doesn't sound like Maiden.
    i disagree....the other bands have copied their style, but the sound just isnt right. I can hear unreleased stuff by maiden and know its them. don't know what it is, but they are one of the few bands that are so unique that i can just tell if a song is by them or not, without knwoing beforehand
    sweet god, i have no words for that vid.........queensryche is even gayer than previously thought
    CF? y u no respond??
    edited May 2011
    btw.... Powerslave was the most overrated piece of shit album I ever heard and Bruce Dicksuckinson's balls need to finally drop.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hbj8XIx9jE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfZ2ad6tw5Y

^ Same dude as Queensryche cover.

and whats the big difference?..... one style of vocalization produces a wide range of notes. and the other could be done by a tone-deaf bonobo. (not saying that one is better than the other..... but thats the gist of the styles)
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    CF? y u no respond??
    I did respond
    CF? y u no respond??
    I did respond
    I asked you to explain what made you like IM so much personally?
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    GOLF WANG > Maiden.
    this is what Maiden so awesome...Hallowed be thy name, first by Maiden, then a cover by another band i like Machine Head. Even though Machine Head is a great band, their cover isn't close to being as good as the original. great bands dont sound good covering Maiden....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vP2hFFV57E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJrz1yofoKg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hbj8XIx9jE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfZ2ad6tw5Y

^ Same dude as Queensryche cover.

and whats the big difference?..... one style of vocalization produces a wide range of notes. and the other could be done by a tone-deaf bonobo. (not saying that one is better than the other..... but thats the gist of the styles)
    look there is no question of dickinson vocal range whatever, if you wanna ask the question that who is better technically in there craft as being better qualified musicians than you would prolly have to give it to maiden. but if you asked me who sounded better it would be completely sided with lamb of god. imo harsher vocals go with metal more, they dont need to be harsh but they just seem to mix together well. just like kind of 'sad' singing and 'crying' goes with the blues. im sorry that when i hear some opera sounding dude squealing i dont get the vibe that i want metal to bring me. i find it very corny sounding. and im not saying you have to be the most brutal singer ever but you should have a little manliness in your voice if you want me to like your metal band
    look there is no question of dickinson vocal range whatever, if you wanna ask the question that who is better technically in there craft as being better qualified musicians than you would prolly have to give it to maiden. but if you asked me who sounded better it would be completely sided with lamb of god. imo harsher vocals go with metal more, they dont need to be harsh but they just seem to mix together well. just like kind of 'sad' singing and 'crying' goes with the blues. im sorry that when i hear some opera sounding dude squealing i dont get the vibe that i want metal to bring me. i find it very corny sounding. and im not saying you have to be the most brutal singer ever but you should have a little manliness in your voice if you want me to like your metal band
    to each their own. i would rather hear someone sing into the mic, rather than hear someone burp, growl, grunt and fart into the mic
    edited May 2011

but thats what this was about, wasn't it?.... which was musically better. (that's what i took from your sad comparison between the two bands) :-))

i obviously like harsh vocals too.... and even then i find it impossible to get into bands like LOG. It just seems lazy and fake. Lazy in that its just bleh, its the dude's style.... but its forgettable. Other than that, LOG is a quality band.

and fake because its something i dont associate metal with.... the whole "im a badass, stay away from me" deal a lot of these young(er) bands like to throw around.

and to me.... anything goes with metal (if you know how to do it right). Even the sax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCJo9JsoigU
    me personally.....I like my metal show its classical roots. The "soul" or whatever is still there and there is no reason to act angry to show it.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPCzOQK4Y6s

Harsh vocals aren't required to have angry sounding music, example above

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBe3JoVlHQI

Just thought I would drop this by too.