Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**The Official Iron Maiden fucking SUCKS thread**

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    no, I just never really brought it up cause I know alot of people love Maiden and they are their favorite band, so I thought I would respect others and keep my opinions to myself.

• Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    no, I just never really brought it up cause I know alot of people love Maiden and they are their favorite band, so I thought I would respect others and keep my opinions to myself.

ok so why now
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    only reason why i am not argueing is that Maiden hasn't played the boston area in a couple years...been a bit pissed off. when i asked their management about it, they told me a true fan would travel to Montreal or New Jersey to see em. fuck that
    niggaz wanna trash my favorite band, I'll return the favor B-)

plus this isnt the first time I talked about my dislike for Maiden, I mentoined it before when Pantera justifibly beat them in the band game back in the day, and I also talked about it a few weeks ago when nola brought it up about who was better them or Sabbath. I have mentioned it before, just never plastered my disgust for them, untill now :>
    Any Credibility = Gone
    George is the Wiz?
    Any Credibility = Gone
    lolwhy? I have talked about my dislike for them before... I'm not trolling. I never troll.
    why none of you Gayden fanfags answer my question?
    Seriously though, what's so great about Iron Maiden, I want to hear all your points of view... I don't see it.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Steve Harris

Any doubt about Maiden are trash now.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i honestly didnt even realize how many people liked this joke of a band when i first started listening to metal. i mean people will make fun of a band like LOG but i would love to hear what makes iron maiden so much better tah a band like them??? yeah i realize they were one of the first bands and were different but when you just gt down to the music specifically, i dont see what makes them above average
    i honestly didnt even realize how many people liked this joke of a band when i first started listening to metal. i mean people will make fun of a band like LOG but i would love to hear what makes iron maiden so much better tah a band like them??? yeah i realize they were one of the first bands and were different but when you just gt down to the music specifically, i dont see what makes them above average
    There is nothing LOG does better than Maiden.
    edited May 2011
    Seriously though, what's so great about Iron Maiden, I want to hear all your points of view... I don't see it.
    because it's not worth it. You are either trolling or you wouldn't understand, if you don't already have admiration, respect, and appreciation for everything that they have done for music and metal.

That being said, I'm not like you. I don't get all crazy and bent out of shape if people don't like my favorite bands. To each his own, I guess. You are just missing out on enjoying the best metal music ever made that's all.
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited May 2011
    I agree with CF here. He couldn't have said it any better
    wow very informative....

lets break it down

lyrics: i have read dickinsons lyrics and there mostly childish imo. not that LOG is amazing in the lyrics department but about average. no clear winner here

singing: i think this is more of a taste question, but yes dickinson has a more technically sound voice. but randy has a unique voice of his own that is awesome for people who like harsher vocals

guitar: i think the guitar work in both bands are pretty good. they both have there own style but i will give maiden a little more credit in this department

bass: idk much abut bass so i cant ctritique this

drums: both bands have really good drummers that have tremendous talent.....

so yeah i really dont see how maiden is on such a crazy pedastel..
    edited May 2011
    What makes Maiden stand out...Steve Harris! you know that saying that if you make a face, it will stay that way? He made the face and it stayed for metal!

• 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Dat galloping bass =P~
    wow very informative....

lets break it down

lyrics: i have read dickinsons lyrics and there mostly childish imo. not that LOG is amazing in the lyrics department but about average. no clear winner here

singing: i think this is more of a taste question, but yes dickinson has a more technically sound voice. but randy has a unique voice of his own that is awesome for people who like harsher vocals

guitar: i think the guitar work in both bands are pretty good. they both have there own style but i will give maiden a little more credit in this department

bass: idk much abut bass so i cant ctritique this

drums: both bands have really good drummers that have tremendous talent.....

so yeah i really dont see how maiden is on such a crazy pedastel..
    We all know how I am about bands like LOG when vocals come up. And since you don't know much about bass let me just tell you that Iron Maiden has sick basslines while LOG's are almost impossible to hear.
    Steve Harris

Any doubt about Maiden are trash now.
    who's that clown?
    because it's not worth it. You are either trolling or you wouldn't understand, if you don't already have admiration, respect, and appreciation for everything that they have done for music and metal.

That being said, I'm not like you. I don't get all crazy and bent out of shape if people don't like my favorite bands. To each his own, I guess. You are just missing out on enjoying the best metal music ever made that's all.
    How could I not understand you explaining the reasons you love IM? I have respect for them, I have respect for alot of musicians I dont like, I tend to just keep it to myself, I really am curious as to why this band has so many nuthuggers? I know theyre talented, but talent doesnt equal greatness to me.

I'm not crazy bent out of shape, lol... I only get like that when the Flyers/Eagles/Phillies, ect.. are playing.. then I get crazy. All I ever try to do is open peoples minds to music I think is great and people seem to take offense to that for some reason? I dont know why... I listened to alot of Maiden so I'm not missing out, just curious as to why you guys love them so much. I could write a 3 pages on why I love a band like Pantera, I just want to know why yooz like IM? I dont think its that hard of a question...
    yah but bass doesnt make or break a band for me, idk it seems like metal heads need every person playing an instrument needs to be absolutely amazing at there instrument but for me thats clearly not the case. i like the intangibles in music. the heart, the soul, the feel of music. so i guess i judge bands by a different standard than most people
    yah but bass doesnt make or break a band for me, idk it seems like metal heads need every person playing an instrument needs to be absolutely amazing at there instrument but for me thats clearly not the case. i like the intangibles in music. the heart, the soul, the feel of music. so i guess i judge bands by a different standard than most people
    Well from my experience it seems like you don't like Power/Speed metal, and Maiden is exactly that, so it's understandable.