Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Important, Please Read (NSFW)

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Nola all those changes were superficial and in no way affected how we go about our business on the forum. this one was censorship, that crossed the line
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Nola all those changes were superficial and in no way affected how we go about our business on the forum. this one was censorship, that crossed the line

deosnt mean you didnt do a total 180. u were totally onboard with everything tim was doing until this little rule change then you completly flipped out and now your saying everything i was saying since day one
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    "well it is silly you directed that at me. I wasnt saying I claimed to know what Tim is thinking. I only know what his reaction was.... and it was a reaction done out of haste. Just telling Mike if he is friends with Tim, then he should just tell him to come back after he cools down.

things dont have to always be so absolute. so black and white."

I was at work when this all went down. I came home to a blank forum. I had no chance to tell Tim to cool down.

Also, Shane, Vanilla didn't need this site for popularity. Mozilla firefox's addon page is built with Vanilla, they already have had tons of exposure from that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    i did do a 180 when what he was doing started to affect our business with each other, not just what the site looked like. thats where my line in the sand was drawn
    Mike i'm being serious here.

Why couldn't the mods and tim just be honest with us from the start instead of saying one thing then it gets changed, contradicted and so on. had they done that i'm pretty sure this could have been avoided all together
    edited April 2011
    I don't know what you mean. There was never a time that we weren't honest with you guys.
    they had said from the start that all this was mutually agree'd on, which obviously wasn't the case cause other mods were speking out against shit. not trying to pick people out of teh crowd but ED was saying he was against it all.

how were we supposed to trust this was nothing but a well-aimed improvement when those trying to enforce it can't even get their story straight
    Be more specific. What was Ed against?
    ok dayna you have disproved the money thing but i still think it was headed in the direction of what i previously stated
    the banning of erik and such
    regardless i felt the need to voice my malcontent about the situation to whatever mod happened to be posting in the thread
  • Shanez_WifeShanez_Wife Posts: 2,008 just the tip
    Is this efight gonna last for a week of whether or not stuff was Tim's doing? We're back to the beginning on the forums now we should focus on rebuilding them.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited April 2011
    "We're back to the beginning on the forums now we should focus on rebuilding them. "

Not quite at the very beginning. Tim was nice enough to go back to the original layout (not the stock all white one) and such after he left. And for that I give him props.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    yay, he does get a few points for leaving the colors
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "Tim was nice enough to go back to the original layout and such after he left. And for that I give him props."

really? I would think nothing if he had just left and not done anything at all. If that had happened I would have said "Jesus! that sucks. I think Tim was cool, hope he comes back". I don't see the need to give props for undoing that work he did.
    seriously? why the fuck would he pay for those features?
    there are open source message boards that have those features built in for free.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Wake i'm not sure if you were here last January when the forum was just getting started and it was this stock all white background and such. He could have reverted us back to the very beginning but didn't.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i know and he is high up on the vanilla ladder, i seriously doubt he paid for those features out of pocket