Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Purchasing an official domain name for the forum, need name ideas.

Comments

• SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    well we did have a say cause we came up with all the ideas then the mods voted on the ones they liked the best and we're supposed to vote on the their refined list.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    well we did have a say cause we came up with all the ideas then the mods voted on the ones they liked the best and we're supposed to vote on the their refined list.
    fucking this
  • TimTim Posts: 2,441 admin
    This thread got pretty lulzy. I don't even know what to say, but I guess this:

If you roll up to an election, walk into the booth and don't like the names available to you, you have 3 options:

1) Don't vote. Your opinion will not get heard, and it will be up to other people.
    2) Scribble a new name on the bottom and vote for them. You know what they call those ballots? "soiled". They are discarded, uncounted.
    3) Vote anyway, and pick the best one out of the available options.

That is how democratic elections work. Before the voting started, I made an announcement that they would be starting soon. SOMEONE jumped the gun and said "fuck this waiting, lets start the votes" *cough* George.

Now the butthurt? Serious? The entire time this vote has been happening, the rules have been known. Not a single objection to the chosen method of running the decision (look at the first two posts, its stated there) can be found prior to now.

TL;DR - Being fags.
    there are some who call me... tim?
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    obviously the mods like metaluprising, and i voted for that cause it was the best one out of the choices we were given. you guys should stop fucking around and just pick it. thats the one you want, you can already log on using metaluprising.com, i dont understand why its coming to a vote if you already made your choice and are shooting down any other guggestions, even popular ones. i already said i dont care what the name is, i'll get used to it...
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited April 2011
    obviously the mods like metaluprising, and i voted for that cause it was the best one out of the choices we were given. you guys should stop fucking around and just pick it. thats the one you want, you can already log on using metaluprising.com, i dont understand why its coming to a vote if you already made your choice and are shooting down any other guggestions, even popular ones. i already said i dont care what the name is, i'll get used to it...
    If the community voted for one of the other three we chose besides metaluprising, we would pick that one. I don't know why you're so mad when we already opened it up for suggestions and narrowed it down.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    but george we cant have one that everyone here likes, we need a generic shitty one with metal in the word so we can be serious business cmon man
    george #-O what election in history ever had a secondary nomination vote?
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    I dont know why yooz all think i'm mad, i'm not. i just think its stupid to make everyone believe we have a choice when we dont. vanillaflavoredmayhem (which i think is stupid btw) is winning the voting, and its being taken out because a few people dont like it. thats not my opinion of democracy <_>
    is this a USA election? no its a vote for a fucking forum <_>
    <_> its not being taken out because people don't like it. its being taken out because it doesn't fit the purpose of changing it to begin with...
    I dont know why yooz all think i'm mad, i'm not. i just think its stupid to make everyone believe we have a choice when we dont. vanillaflavoredmayhem (which i think is stupid btw) is winning the voting, and its being taken out because a few people dont like it. thats not my opinion of democracy <_>
    No, it's being taken out because we already took all the suggestions and narrowed it down. Tim explained it quite clearly.
    they ran this pretty much exactly like a democracy. most political parties have to vote for a person in their political party to even run for the president, which in our case, would be the equivilant to all the suggestions we had. then the mods selected the ones they liked best. and now we get to vote on the contenders for the actual name, which would be the equivalent to electing a president after the nomination round.
  • TimTim Posts: 2,441 admin
    Anyways, apparently George isnt mad. Awesome. It looks like at least jaycup doesn't want a new name added to the choices, and I personally agree with that. Just vote for the original list of names from now on.

end of butthurt festival
    there are some who call me... tim?
    No hard feelings, George? >:D<
    is this a USA election? no its a vote for a fucking forum <_>
    you're the one comparing it to a democracy, i just used an election as an example of democracy.
    i honest don't know how some of you people get though life not even being able to follow the simplest of directions
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    edited April 2011
    Well metaluprising has already been purchased, it's really down to what we want the website to be called, not the domain.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    dear lord sometimes shane is such a faggot
    just choose metaluprising and end the butthurt festival.
    btw, the mods would be the equivalent to the electoral college or whatever that is.