Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Purchasing an official domain name for the forum, need name ideas.

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I thought Metal: A Headbanger's Journey focused too much on Glam Metal. And their interviewees were sometimes crappy.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I thought Metal: A Headbanger's Journey focused too much on Glam Metal. And their interviewees were sometimes crappy.
    {Upload|7437}
    imageimage
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    eh, i think the whole point of the documentary was to search for an answer as to why metal has been the subject of numerous verbal attacks. either way though, i appreciate metal more after seeing it then i ever did.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    {Upload|7437}
    idk if you're being sarcastic or not
    i thought most of the interviews were great, actually.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    They had some elderly anthropologist on the show talking about the "culture" of metal. She then went on to talk about the musical characteristics of metal and obviously had no idea wtf she was saying.

And the goth chick teen was annoying.
    They had some elderly anthropologist on the show talking about the "culture" of metal. She then went on to talk about the musical characteristics of metal and obviously had no idea wtf she was saying.

And the goth chick teen was annoying.
    yeah, the goth teen was annoying. i was referring to the band interviews. i completely forgot about the regular people interviews lol.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    ................................................. Satan
    imageimage
    <_>
    Don't Jayface me. I'm a distinguished member of society.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker

i felt the exact same way. that old bitch was talking out her ass. tho i did like the metal headbangers journey.

and on a seperate point. the fact that when people first get into metal they like shitty bands like slipknot and a7x is fine. but most kids, think theyre tough shit and already know everything. when i first started listening to metal and didnt go around sayin how bad ass i was, i listened until i could make my own opinion on it. most noobs on here dont do this but alot on the official boards do and its annoing as hell, thats why i dont like most of them

For the past year or so I've sorta been a metal elitist IRL, but I've backed off on that because metal has lost it's original shine for me. I believe that music is subjective, so me judging other people's tastes is hypocritical imo. It's still my favorite music genre, but beyond that... blerp.
    all im saying is when peope get into something they should keep there mouth shut and just listen. like if i took up skiing and in two weeks i babbled about how much i love it and how i know better skis than you do and you pants werent as good as mine, etc to someone who had been skiing for 20 years. youd be like wtf SHUT UP
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    If it wasn't for going to Mayhem 2009 I'd probably never have gotten into metal beyond mainstream shit.
    Skiing takes no skill
    fine new example, it be like someone who had just drank there first five beers in there life, being keystone light and then telling someone who writes reviews in a beer magazine that he knows more about beer than him, closer analogy??
    Skiing takes no skill
    <_>
    Skiing takes no skill
    you obviously don't ski. you go through a mogul field and don't break something, then tell me it takes no skill.
    Lol just messing with you. Just wanted to see what type of reaction I would get :)
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod