Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

First 10 heavy bands that pop into your mind that suck, in your opinion...

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

Not to mention, it's one thing to say that influences don't matter to you, it's another to openly bash said bands that have done the influencing, and mentioning them in your top 10 shittiest bands ever list.
    True. Kinda like calling Mr Miyagi shit, but then trying to be The karate kids biggest fan. Uhhh DUDE Karate kid is nothing without Miyagi
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    yeah but a few of the bands on his list heavily influenced everything that he listens to
    influences don't matter to me.
    I'm with Shane here. I understand that most of the stuff I listen to was influenced by past genres, but that doesn't mean I'm going to like that older music. If lineage dictated tastes we'd all constantly be listening to blues. Granted it goes much further back than that but you get the point lol.
    It's a dumb approach to take with music, in my opinion. If you explore and appreciate where your music comes from, then you will have a greater understanding of your music and be more rounded in general. But you are free to do what you like... you're missing out.
    Not to mention, it's one thing to say that influences don't matter to you, it's another to openly bash said bands that have done the influencing, and mentioning them in your top 10 shittiest bands ever list.
    shit don't matter bro, if i don't like a band i could care less if another band i like idolizes them. if they sound like shit they sound like shit simple as that. i'm not gonna candy coat it.
    I like to respect those that deserve respect. That might be one of the difference between us....
    i judge bands on the music they produce, not who their fans are.
    I may like bands based on the music they produce, but I respect bands for the legacy they created even if I don't care for their music too much. You apparently care nothing about accomplishments or legacy.
    not really. i thought Dio was an overrated hack
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    not really. i thought Dio was an overrated hack
    Holy Diver sure as shit is, Mystery and Hungry For Heaven are much better songs.
    edited March 2011
    shane - do you like sports? if so... what? mlb? nfl? nba?
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Well it's a pretty retarded way to be, and obviously there's no getting through to u so w/e. But I guess there's NBA players that don't care about Michael Jordan. So there u go.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    RAZOR with the bullseye \m/

I forgot about ITM :0&
    ITM new album isnt bad actually i like a couple of their songs.
    I give ITM a pass cause I wouldnt mind getting with

Late, but she's so fine.

okay.... I'm done with this conversation. Debating Music with Shane is like debating sports with some idiot who says:

"Babe Ruth is a hack. He should have never played baseball... Berry Bonds is 10 times the athlete that Ruth was. What? What? I dont have to like the dude.. He played ball way before I was born so I dont have to show him respect. What? Bonds is my favorite player and it is true he would crush Ruth? What?"
    edited March 2011
    Well it's a pretty retarded way to be, and obviously there's no getting through to u so w/e. But I guess there's NBA players that don't care about Michael Jordan. So there u go.
    Michael Jordan sucks!!! Lebron James is 100 times better then Jordan ever was. LJ would dunk 10 times on Jordan and hold him to a shut out. what? I wasnt alive then. I dont need to pay Jordan respect? What? LJ is the King bro.

• Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    a day to remember
    underoath
    devil wears prada
    D.R.U.G.S
    Escape the Fate
    Chiodos
    Emmure
    Asking Alexandria
    Norma Jean
    Suicide Silence
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Asking Alexandria x 10
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Ten bands that just flat out suck:

Blood on the Dancefloor
    Brokencyde
    I Set My Friends On Fire
    3OH!3
    Cobra Starship
    ICP
    Natalie Portman's Shaved Head (Brite Futures)
    Asking Alexandria
    The Casualties
    Chelsea Grin

Also, George, your list makes me sad :(

Heavy bands that suck:
    Chelsea Grin
    Oceano
    Sepultura
    Mutiny Within
    Gorgoroth
    The Fall of Troy
    Cradle of Filth
    Iwrestledabearonce
    Burn Halo
    Otep
    I love winning with women
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    Sepultura
    :-W
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Yup. I like Cavalera Conspiracy, and Nailbomb was awesome, but something about Sepultura doesn't set well with me.
    I love winning with women
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    sepultura? wtf

i can understand fake sepultura
    shane - do you like sports? if so... what? mlb? nfl? nba?
    i like the colts. thats it