Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

First 10 heavy bands that pop into your mind that suck, in your opinion...

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Aww... I like Sunn O)))... a lot
    I love winning with women
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    that whole drone stuff just annoys me
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

same could be said about you and that whole corpse paint debacle.... it's not just to look glamorous (just so you know)
    except I would give respect to BM pioneers and important BM bands. I might not be into it, but I also wouldnt shit on the history of music that Shane is so quick to do.

Look I know in other threads that you have fairly decent tastes in music and are also rational in your discussion.... And although I know you probably agree with some of Shane's musical tastes, it would be surprise me greatly if you really backed him up in this position.

His argument is stupid and makes him look like a fool, and I am sure you understand that. Even if he is too naive to understand.
    i dont even know what his argument is/was

.... i was just saying
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Why do people even bother to argue with Shane?

better than anything maiden, slayer, priest and megadeth have done combined
    Am I the only one who doesn't like ANY of those bands? D: Edit: And Pantera.

As for the whole thing of liking the bands influencing ones you like, that's silly. Imo, the sports analogy was a terrible one to compare something like music to. Music evolves and has spread out into so many different genres. And plus, if you don't like something, you don't like it.
    It isnt actually. Invent a time machine, go back in time and murder Robert Plant and Jimmy Page, then come back and watch how every band you love doesnt exist. If you are going to shit on bands that heavily influenced your music, then you will come off to most metalheads as a retard.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I love Sacred Reich.
    i do too. i just posted the favorite band of everyone who was online at the time as my shittiest band list.
    .... i was just saying
    Shanes argument is that he doesnt need to pay respect to the legends of rock/metal that influenced every band he likes. legacy and influences mean nothing in determining if a band sucks.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers

Invent a time machine, go back in time and murder Robert Plant and Jimmy Page, then come back and watch how every band you love doesnt exist.

• Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    edited March 2011

It isnt actually. Invent a time machine, go back in time and murder Robert Plant and Jimmy Page, then come back and watch how every band you love doesnt exist. If you are going to shit on bands that heavily influenced your music, then you will come off to most metalheads as a retard.
    I never said they suck, I just don't like them no matter how much I tried to listen to 'em. >_>

As I said earlier, music has evolved, and produced different things from its originator.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    How come no one has given me shit over "Municipal Waste" yet? Most metalheads love swinging from their nut sack.

It is funny seeing them in concert because their gay fans keep shouting out "Municipal Waste Is Gonna Fuck You Up!"... Proof positive for me that the band is the metal equivalent of a one hit wonder.
    I don't care if you don't like them, but this statement show you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. The people yelling a line from one of their songs that's become a catch phrase doesn't make them a one hit wonder. Born To Party doesn't have a music video. Maybe casual douchebags say that over and over but real fans actually know their discography and yell and/or mosh along with it.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG

I never said they suck, I just don't like them no matter how much I tried to listen to 'em. >_>
    And I'm cool with that... Sorry, if I took it the wrong way or lumped you with Shane. Don't like those bands? fine, No biggie... everyone has their own likes and dislikes. But you gotta respect what they accomplished when they are a legend.
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip

And I'm cool with that... Sorry, if I took it the wrong way or lumped you with Shane. Don't like those bands? fine, No biggie... everyone has their own likes and dislikes. But you gotta respect what they accomplished when they are a legend.
    No problem! :)

And yeah, I do respect them and appreciate how much they influenced music and whatnot. :3
    How come no one has given me shit over "Municipal Waste" yet? Most metalheads love swinging from their nut sack.

It is funny seeing them in concert because their gay fans keep shouting out "Municipal Waste Is Gonna Fuck You Up!"... Proof positive for me that the band is the metal equivalent of a one hit wonder.
    I don't care if you don't like them, but this statement show you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. The people yelling a line from one of their songs that's become a catch phrase doesn't make them a one hit wonder. Born To Party doesn't have a music video. Maybe casual douchebags say that over and over but real fans actually know their discography and yell and/or mosh along with it.
    I'd completely believe this. I am assuming you are a MW fan? anyways, how pissed off does it make you when people yell that over and over? Don't you just want to pound their face in?

Reminds me of when I say Cynic on their Focus tour, and people kept yelling "Crystal Mountain".... Pissed me off to no end. I really wanted to destroy the assholes who kept yelling that. maybe the band wasnt as offended as I was...
    edited March 2011
    .... i was just saying
    Shanes argument is that he doesnt need to pay respect to the legends of rock/metal that influenced every band he likes. legacy and influences mean nothing in determining if a band sucks.
    meh.... its true and not true.

not true for obvious reasons...

and true because those type of credits of influence are usually inaccurate and are just a slippery slope of influences of influences of influences, etc.

for example: I'd credit Vivaldi for the modern guitar solo 100% of the time over giving any influence to Page/Hendrix/etc.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers

I'd completely believe this. I am assuming you are a MW fan? anyways, how pissed off does it make you when people yell that over and over? Don't you just want to pound their face in?
    At times it's fun but it can easily reach the "SLAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEERRRAAAHHHHHH" level of annoyance. Especially when that line is the only fucking thing people know about them.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Reminds me of when I say Cynic on their Focus tour, and people kept yelling "Crystal Mountain".... Pissed me off to no end. I really wanted to destroy the assholes who kept yelling that. maybe the band wasnt as offended as I was...
    Lulz, I believe it. Poor Paul...
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage

At times it's fun but it can easily reach the "SLAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEERRRAAAHHHHHH" level of annoyance. Especially when that line is the only fucking thing people know about them.
    Yeah I can't stand that catch phrase either...
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Why do people even bother to argue with Shane?
    Cannibal Corpse
    Deicide
    At The Gates(I know, but lolpinions gonna lolpinion)
    Again, you don't have to like any of them, but to say they suck? No. At The Gates does not suck.
    Cannibal Corpse and Deicide are straight up garbage

At The Gates riffs annoy the fuck out of me.
    Lulz, I believe it. Poor Paul...
    Yeah... no shit. The "fans" had no respect. Someday I really hope I have the chance to ask him what he thought of assholes who did that. Maybe he is like "honestly, doesnt bother me because that album is a masterpiece and I appreciate knowing people still love it so much"