Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Metal concept albums

1235»

Comments

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I knew saying that felt weird. But anyway, listen to that album and try telling me it's not a masterpiece. Sorry, but knowing you you'll say it sucks because good metal is terrible in your opinion
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    i've listened to BTBAM before, they aren't terrible but their style is not my cup of tea. in general i don't like prog that much.
    The only album I have is Colors so idk what you listened to or how it compares to Colors but I would give it a spin because it is truly a great album. Everything flows as one song and you honestly will never expect what is going to pop out at you
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    i listened to white walls 3 times which as i understand is one of their best songs. i could not get into it at all.
    Meh. It's good but I find Ants of the Sky to be much better
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Hmmm.... right now my thoughts are: Crack The Skye, The Incurable Tragedy, The Downward Spiral, Antichrist Superstar, and Magica.
    lame. That just shows how uneducated you are with concept albums. But whatever... I guess it is just a school report and you dont need to pick one of the top 10 greatest concept albums. You just need to pick any old crappy concept album you happened to stumble across.

Actually - not that I said the above I think that is the right answer. school reports are bullshit and the topic matter doesnt matter so much as making a cohesive argument and being a little excited about the subject matter helps too. Since you havent really stumbled across the greatest concept albums yet (maybe someday you will) it is best to just stick with the shitty ones you know.

good luck.

You're referring to Dio and Nine Inch Nails as crappy concept albums?
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    what he's saying is their crappy concepts. i personally wouldn't call them crappy concepts just unoriginal.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    i forgot one of my favorite concert albums...Alice Cooper - Welcome to my Nightmare
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Hmmm.... right now my thoughts are: Crack The Skye, The Incurable Tragedy, The Downward Spiral, Antichrist Superstar, and Magica.
    lame. That just shows how uneducated you are with concept albums. But whatever... I guess it is just a school report and you dont need to pick one of the top 10 greatest concept albums. You just need to pick any old crappy concept album you happened to stumble across.

good luck.

You're referring to Dio and Nine Inch Nails as crappy concept albums?
    Absolutely. Very shitty concept albums. They are musically and artistically fantastic albums that I like very much, but as a concept goes they are a very shitty concepts. What don't you get about that? You can make a fantastic album that is a shitty concept. You can also make a fanatic concept that most people think is a shitty album.

Pro's and Con's of hitchhiking takes a lot of shit for not being radio friendly and that the music suffered at the sake of a concept. I personally have mad respect for Roger for not making a shitty concept for the sake of being radio friendly. I think Pro's and Con's is one of the greatest albums of all time and absolutely one of the greatest concepts of all time. I understand that people might disagree with it being one of the greatest albums of all time (I wouldnt even argue someone saying that) however I would fight to the grave if someone claimed it was a shitty concept.

• StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    lol.... Magica is a painful album. it's concept is great though