Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Metal concept albums

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

I thought the topic was "Metal" concept albums.
    your question was "what is the top 10 concept albums".
    I guess i did ask the question that way, but the original topic was Metal.
    well in general metal is much harder to do concept albums. Arjen Lucassen and Devin Townsend is probably the greatest metal concept writers at the moment. Everyone else would fall a little flat.
    edited March 2011
    This topic is my soap box. It is the only topic I'll claim that... And nothing pisses me off more then people considering fantastic albums that have a shitty concept as a "great concept album". No. A great concept album MUST have a fantastic cohesive concept. I dont fucking care how great the album is....

Take the Beatles - Sgt Pepper. Fantastic fucking album. Love it to death. the concept is pretty damn weak though. In general it is a shitty concept album. Do you get where I am coming from?
    Post edited by WakeOfAshes on
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited March 2011
    Hmmm.... right now my thoughts are: Crack The Skye, The Incurable Tragedy, The Downward Spiral, Antichrist Superstar, and Magica.
    lame. That just shows how uneducated you are with concept albums. But whatever... I guess it is just a school report and you dont need to pick one of the top 10 greatest concept albums. You just need to pick any old crappy concept album you happened to stumble across.

Actually - not that I said the above I think that is the right answer. school reports are bullshit and the topic matter doesnt matter so much as making a cohesive argument and being a little excited about the subject matter helps too. Since you havent really stumbled across the greatest concept albums yet (maybe someday you will) it is best to just stick with the shitty ones you know.

good luck.

I honestly don't understand why you get like this. Whenever anybody doesn't choose the same exact album as you, you tell them their choice is shitty. Just lighten the fuck up man, everyone has their own thoughts on stuff and it's his project, not yours.

Xenocide-Crack the Skye is a damn good album
    in your case he was right about you liking shitty music , in this case he was right about those concept albums being shitty. Your just mad he owned the fuck outta you.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I will admit that other than Abigail, King fell a little short in the story/concept part. There were great albums, that happened to have concepts, but they were more or less just kind of creepy stories made up by him. That being said, I still love almost all of them.
    i would rather listen to nails on a chalkboard than King Diamond
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i would rather listen to nails on a chalkboard than King Diamond
    to each his own. you're missing out tho
    Seriously though... when i was in school I would pick some of the shittist topics to do reports on simply because there was a wealth of information to make a strong cohesive argument. It didnt matter if I liked the topic, or if I even agreed with the point. Really the only thing that mattered was sticking to your guns.

Xenocide720 absolutely shouldnt pick a concept album he has no time with. Even if he listened to Human Equation on repeat for the next week, the epicness of it wont sink in enough for him to drive the report home.
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    The Scarecrow by Avantasia
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    out of the ones listed, Judas Priest Nostradamus
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    if just rock....The Who's Tommy
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    VEHEMENCE = GOD WAS CREATED
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    TL;DR, crack the Skye is awesome
    yep. it is. Not the best concept though

• GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner

Not the best concept album of all time but I like it a lot

Is Colors a concept album?

Yeah I like it too.

Yeah, Colors is a concept album. Again, not what I would consider a great concept.

Yeah I like it too.

Yeah, Colors is a concept album. Again, not what I would consider a great concept.
    Then I would say do Colors. That albums is beyond perfect
    That albums is beyond perfect
    sup erik
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    That albums is beyond perfect
    sup erik
    11/10
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage