Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Are people fucking serious?

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Arlo <_> dude changed his life. it is possible for people to make mistakes and change. we've all done stupid shit we regreted, it's part of life. the man went to prison, lost everything and changed his lifestyle.
    We've all done stupid shit, but there are not too many people that have straight up killed who knows how many dogs just for the hell of it. You don't know if he's changed or not, so he has spoken to kids about animal abuse, given to charities, ect, so what? What did you expect him to do?

He didn't get near enough punishment as he deserved IMO. I understand it's possible for people to change, but it's quite frustrating to see someone that did something so awful almost being rewarded for what he did. I'm tired of people using charity work as an example of how he's changed, when famous people fuck up they all do this to look better in front of everyone else. Dog fighting is just something I have zero tolerance for and I don't see how someone like Vick could just all of a sudden turn it around.
    He's not being rewarded for what he did before, he's being rewarded fo what he's doing now. He doesn't have to do charity work, he just does. and he just didn't just all the sudden turn around, he spent 2 years in prison. If his speaking to people about animal abuse and thug lifestyle and how he's changed, and donating to animal shelters and helping the community is considered charity, how are we supposed to argue he has changed?
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    He brought made the NFL exciting this year.

So idc <_>
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Speaking of Vick...Dallas, Texas gave him the key to the city. Some people are not happy...
    imageimage
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Arlo <_> dude changed his life. it is possible for people to make mistakes and change. we've all done stupid shit we regreted, it's part of life. the man went to prison, lost everything and changed his lifestyle.
    We've all done stupid shit, but there are not too many people that have straight up killed who knows how many dogs just for the hell of it. You don't know if he's changed or not, so he has spoken to kids about animal abuse, given to charities, ect, so what? What did you expect him to do?

He didn't get near enough punishment as he deserved IMO. I understand it's possible for people to change, but it's quite frustrating to see someone that did something so awful almost being rewarded for what he did. I'm tired of people using charity work as an example of how he's changed, when famous people fuck up they all do this to look better in front of everyone else. Dog fighting is just something I have zero tolerance for and I don't see how someone like Vick could just all of a sudden turn it around.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that you can't throw a football. Mr. Vick does not owe you a thing. Mr. Vick did his time, paid his fines, etc. This country was built on second chances. Or have you forgotten that the US was initially populated with the criminals and dregs of European society?
    We say we are a country of second chances yet capital murder is punishable by death even if it's a first time offense (not saying that it shouldn't be, just part of my example) so the notion of a "second chance" isn't exactly true under every circumstance. I don't believe that Vick deserves to be able to play in the NFL after what he did, I'm not calling for a rule change to disallow him in, just stating an opinion of mine.

George, of course I understand that he didn't "have to" do any charity work, but let's face it, he really did have to. You think everything he's done has been his own personal choice in order to try to give back, or do you think it's more to restore his image? I still feel that he is a truly horrible person that happens to have an amazing talent in the sport of football, I wish he was still in prison to be honest because he didn't get near enough jail time IMO for the crime he committed. Sure we can say he legally did his time, but I feel he deserved many many more years.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    lol, they should give him the keys to the dallas animal shelter haha
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Speaking of Vick...Dallas, Texas gave him the key to the city. Some people are not happy...
    I'm more upset that a member of the Eagles was given a key. Makes no sense.
    yeah i read this, it wasnt an official key ceremony, but they did it because he just gave an inspiring speech to a few hundred young people. people got asshurt basically for no reason. it wasnt an offical ceremony, they just did it for the kids.

Vick has more pull in Dallas then JJ. lolz
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I'm more upset that a member of the Eagles was given a key. Makes no sense.
    Who knows....either way it's still stupid
    imageimage
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that you can't throw a football. Mr. Vick does not owe you a thing. Mr. Vick did his time, paid his fines, etc. This country was built on second chances. Or have you forgotten that the US was initially populated with the criminals and dregs of European society?
    We say we are a country of second chances yet capital murder is punishable by death even if it's a first time offense (not saying that it shouldn't be, just part of my example) so the notion of a "second chance" isn't exactly true under every circumstance. I don't believe that Vick deserves to be able to play in the NFL after what he did, I'm not calling for a rule change to disallow him in, just stating an opinion of mine.

George, of course I understand that he didn't "have to" do any charity work, but let's face it, he really did have to. You think everything he's done has been his own personal choice in order to try to give back, or do you think it's more to restore his image? I still feel that he is a truly horrible person that happens to have an amazing talent in the sport of football, I wish he was still in prison to be honest because he didn't get near enough jail time IMO for the crime he committed. Sure we can say he legally did his time, but I feel he deserved many many more years.

Change the laws then. Simple enough. If the penalties weren't harsh enough for you, do something to effect a change rather than just complaining. People do it all the time.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i think he went away to long, animals fight in nature all the time

let's get this straight, Vick didnt take a human life, theres a big difference. Are you a vegetarian Arlo? I think what he did is despicable, but the dude made serious changes in his life for the better. Like I said, I live right next to Philly so I hear all the good things he's been doing whereas you living in texas only hear the negative.

I do not think he's a horrible person. He fucked up big time, and he's payed alot for it. If he was a horrible peron, why would he even give a fuck about trying to help other people?

Vick is on a superstar level, that's why so much attention is thrown on him. There's people in the NFL who have taken human lives and they don't get bashed as much as Vick, and not just Stallworth. Rapistburger doesnt get anywhere near the negative media attention Vick does.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Mark Buerhle pitched a perfect game. Did Michael Vick? I don't think so. / thread
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Vick is poo. jL only cares about buerhle because he is a member of the whitesox a team he hates. Lol at an eagle given a key in Dallas. And I don't think vicks punishment for dogfighting was sufficient. I would have never given him jail time but instead put him in a cage with the dogs.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Vick is scum. people like that don't change and the only reason he's doing all that shit is to repair his image. none of it is genuine.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Mark Buerhle pitched a perfect game. Did Michael Vick? I don't think so. / thread
    lol
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    NOTHING WRONG WITH A GOOD DOG FIGHT EVERY NOW AND THEN
    Vick paid his debt to society and he now does things to help other people and animals.
    Rapistburger can rape people, noone talks about that, Lewis, Little, and Stallworth can murder people, noone talks about that. Everyone's just on VIck's nuts cause he's a superstar.

... and like I said a million times, outside of philly, people only get negative news on Vick. I see everyday on the local sports station the positive role model he's become and the positive things he's does for the community.

PEOPLE CAN CHANGE
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip

let's get this straight, Vick didnt take a human life, theres a big difference. Are you a vegetarian Arlo? I think what he did is despicable, but the dude made serious changes in his life for the better. Like I said, I live right next to Philly so I hear all the good things he's been doing whereas you living in texas only hear the negative.

I do not think he's a horrible person. He fucked up big time, and he's payed alot for it. If he was a horrible peron, why would he even give a fuck about trying to help other people?

Vick is on a superstar level, that's why so much attention is thrown on him. There's people in the NFL who have taken human lives and they don't get bashed as much as Vick, and not just Stallworth. Rapistburger doesnt get anywhere near the negative media attention Vick does.
    Yeah, it wasn't human but it was tons of dogs. That's a sign of being a serial killer when you are so fucked up that the screams and a cry for help is coming from a creature who can't defend itself, while you electricute it/fight it without being bothered by it at all. He's a fucked up guy. And the only "changes" he did was to make people like him again.

You really think a sociopath like Vick gives a shit about animals? You really think someone who is a huge public figure did charity work and all this shit because he's "changed"? If he really cared about animals he wouldn't of done ANY of that shit in the first place. He's lying to people by doing all this charity work because he wants people to like him again and give him more money.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,595 spicy boy
    god people still are getting there panties tied in knots over this? STFU dude did 1.5 years of his life for killing an animal....idk about you but im pretty sure everyone here has killed some kind of animal or insect in some type or the other....sure he did it in a nigger inhumane way but thats why he go 1.5 years and lost 100 million....while you may not think the amount of time he did was enough the dude paid the ultimate price...he lost 100 million dollars! give it the fuck up already

and George the reason the voting is so close is because its a sports web site...you go there for sports and steroids are a big deal to a lot of people...all the people taking steroids actually pisses me off more then micheal vick...not that its a worse crime...it just has more of an effect on me