Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Are people fucking serious?

HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited February 2011 in Off Topic
I just saw this pole on ESPN.com. The poll was:

What do you consider a worse offense?

69% Dogfighting
31% Lying about taking steroids

are people for real? I cant believe that many people think lying about a drug is worse then fighting dogs to the point where they kill eachother... I thought it was gonna be like 95% dogfighting, 5% lying... people are fucked up...

Comments

• StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    what about insect fighting?

thats whats hot in Japan right now
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    edited February 2011
    ....yeah. purdy dumb....
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    ....yeah. purdy dumb....
    imageimage
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    ....yeah. purdy dumb....
    We pay entertainers to ENTERTAIN. M. Maguire and S. Sosa were entertaining as fuck with the homerun race a few years ago. We really didn't need congress getting involved....Legalize and regulate steroids.....
  • JeffJeff Posts: 1,164 just the tip
    Most of them are probably from the deep south.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Getting Legitimately injured in the NFC Championship game 72%
    Dog Fighting 16%
    Lying about taking steroids 8%
    Raping women 4%
    Damn, what if you raped a woman on steroids at a dogfight sponsored by the NFL?
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Damn, what if you raped a woman on steroids at a dogfight sponsored by the NFL?
    Then you're ok

^ good, cause I have NO alibi for two Saturdays ago.....
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    lol travis
    This
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    This Michael Vick shit needs to stop. I read an article a couple days ago about Mark Buerhle, a pitcher for the Chicago White Sox, wishing the guy would get hurt because of what he did. Seriously, dude? Give me a break. If you don't like him because of what he did, fine, but that's ridiculous. He was punished plenty.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    This Michael Vick shit needs to stop. I read an article a couple days ago about Mark Buerhle, a pitcher for the Chicago White Sox, wishing the guy would get hurt because of what he did. Seriously, dude? Give me a break. If you don't like him because of what he did, fine, but that's ridiculous. He was punished plenty.
    I just can't agree with this. I don't feel that he deserves a second chance after what he did, I mean I'm certainly not a religious person but what Vick did is an "unforgivable sin" in my personal view.

Keep in mind that I'm only speaking about him, don't think that I don't feel the same way about other players in the league......*coughDONTESTALLWORTHcough*
    this.
    ...also he is a changed man. he works for charities, donates money to animal welfare associations, and speaks out against animal violence and bad behavior... and NO not cause it's in his probation and he has to, that shit's over with. he does it because he wants to help out. i really feel he changed his life around. i know the national media doesnt see the good things and charity work vick has done, but he does alot of postive for the community and other communities.
    Arlo <_> dude changed his life. it is possible for people to make mistakes and change. we've all done stupid shit we regreted, it's part of life. the man went to prison, lost everything and changed his lifestyle.
    this.
    ...also he is a changed man. he works for charities, donates money to animal welfare associations, and speaks out against animal violence and bad behavior... and NO not cause it's in his probation and he has to, that shit's over with. he does it because he wants to help out. i really feel he changed his life around. i know the national media doesnt see the good things and charity work vick has done, but he does alot of postive for the community and other communities.

Well said, gentlemen.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Arlo <_> dude changed his life. it is possible for people to make mistakes and change. we've all done stupid shit we regreted, it's part of life. the man went to prison, lost everything and changed his lifestyle.
    We've all done stupid shit, but there are not too many people that have straight up killed who knows how many dogs just for the hell of it. You don't know if he's changed or not, so he has spoken to kids about animal abuse, given to charities, ect, so what? What did you expect him to do?

He didn't get near enough punishment as he deserved IMO. I understand it's possible for people to change, but it's quite frustrating to see someone that did something so awful almost being rewarded for what he did. I'm tired of people using charity work as an example of how he's changed, when famous people fuck up they all do this to look better in front of everyone else. Dog fighting is just something I have zero tolerance for and I don't see how someone like Vick could just all of a sudden turn it around.
    We've all done stupid shit, but there are not too many people that have straight up killed who knows how many dogs just for the hell of it. You don't know if he's changed or not, so he has spoken to kids about animal abuse, given to charities, ect, so what? What did you expect him to do?

He didn't get near enough punishment as he deserved IMO. I understand it's possible for people to change, but it's quite frustrating to see someone that did something so awful almost being rewarded for what he did. I'm tired of people using charity work as an example of how he's changed, when famous people fuck up they all do this to look better in front of everyone else. Dog fighting is just something I have zero tolerance for and I don't see how someone like Vick could just all of a sudden turn it around.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that you can't throw a football. Mr. Vick does not owe you a thing. Mr. Vick did his time, paid his fines, etc. This country was built on second chances. Or have you forgotten that the US was initially populated with the criminals and dregs of European society?
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Mr. Vick did his time, paid his fines, etc. This country was built on second chances.

EXACTLY