Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

VERIZON IPHONE

Comments

• GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    att has superior 3g speeds and probably will have superior 4g once they get it going better.

verizon just has better coverage and not even that much better.
    ATT MAY HAVE SUPERIOR 3G SPEEDS, YET VERIZON IPHONE HAS FASTER WEB PAGE LOAD TIMES.

I'M NOT SURE WHY BUT P.C. MAG RAN THE COMPARISONS AND THE ONLY TIME ATT CAN BEAT OUT VERIZON FOR WEB PAGE LOADING TIME IS LATE AT NIGHT

• AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I am trying to get a Droid X for my next phone.
    i have a droid incredible. androids are much better than iphones imo because apple nickle and dimes you for everything. on android there is over 70,000 FREE apps. apple products are overrated. great products but overrated
    I MAY BE THE ODD BALL HERE, BUT I HAVE NO DESIRE TO GET ANY APPS I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH A APPLE IPHONE APP

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I'll stick with Sprint
    imageimage
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Jailbroken iPhone >>>>>>> Stock iPhone.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    I THOUGHT ABOUT JAILBREAKING BUT I AM UNCLEAR ON WHAT YOU GET BY JAIL BREAKING IT.

VERIZON SUCKS MASSIVE DONKEY DICKS VS. ALLTEL
    ALLTEL?
    WHAT IS THAT?
    I THOUGHT ABOUT JAILBREAKING BUT I AM UNCLEAR ON WHAT YOU GET BY JAIL BREAKING IT.

Well if you're not big into apps, I personally wouldn't bother. I mean their are some pretty sweet tweaks you can do to an iPhone when its jailbroken.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies

Voids the warranty. And I don't think your apple care protection works anymore after that either
    imageimage
    I don't have interest in Apps. my phone is for texting/communication, my computer is for internet, my zune is for apps or games if I'm bored.
    and all apps on zune network are free.
    WHAT ABOUT IF YOU ARE ON THE MOVE AND NEED SOME INFO REAL QUICK LIKE?

Well if you're not big into apps, I personally wouldn't bother. I mean their are some pretty sweet tweaks you can do to an iPhone when its jailbroken.
    EXAMPLES PLEASE

WHAT KIND OF TWEAKS ARE WE TALKING ABOUT

CAN I MAKE MY NEW VERIZON IPHONE BECOME A WIFI HOT SPOT BY JAIL BREAKING?

EXAMPLES PLEASE

Well i'm not sure if you can jailbreak an Verizon iPhone yet because its on a different iOS version then AT&T.

But on my jailbroken iPhone I can have unlimited skips using the Pandora music app. I can get other apps that are not approved by Apple such as a bong app. I can tether my iPhone to a laptop with no additional fee from ATT. I can have 5 icons in my dock instead of 4. There is a bunch of shit you can do.

I don't have interest in Apps. my phone is for texting/communication, my computer is for internet, my zune is for apps or games if I'm bored.
    and all apps on zune network are free.
    WHAT ABOUT IF YOU ARE ON THE MOVE AND NEED SOME INFO REAL QUICK LIKE?
    my current phone has a small data plan on it if I'm really that desperate for info.
    NICE

TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH WHEN IPHONE CAME OUT ANDALL MY FRIENDS WHERE JERKING OFF TO IT, I SAID WHO THE FUCK NEEDS INTERNET ON THE GO.

I SAID THINGS LIKE ALL I NEED A CELL PHONE FOR IS TO MAKE CALLS, I THINK PART OF IT WAS I WILL NEVER LEAVE VERIZON CAUSE THEY ARE GODS AMONG NETWORKS.

NOW ITS 4 YEARS LATER AND I CAN AFFORD AN EXTRA 30.00 A MONTH SO I'M GIVING IT A IPHONE A CHANCE.

SEEMS COOL ENOGH

MUSIC
    PICTURES
    MOVIES
    EMAIL
    TEXT
    PHONE

ALL IN ONE IS PRETTY COOL.

BUT I STILL CARRY WITH ME KINDLE, LAPTOP AND IPOD EVERY WHERE I GO

After jailbreaking your phone you can do things like drink beer and talk on the phone at the same time, you can turn water into wine, and you can fly like superman.

I highly recommend jail breaking your phone just for the drinking beer and talking at the same time option that comes with it.

OMG!!! ARE SERIOUS DRINK BEER AND TALK ON THE PHONE

BY THE GODS, THIS IS AN AMAZING TIME TO BE ALIVE
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    I thought about it, but decided to stick with my Droid 2 for now.
    QUESTION
    does that touch screen word off heat or just touch?
    I have a D2 Global to be more specific. But, it has a capacitive touch screen. Your nails won't be a problem.

EXAMPLES PLEASE

Well i'm not sure if you can jailbreak an Verizon iPhone yet because its on a different iOS version then AT&T.

But on my jailbroken iPhone I can have unlimited skips using the Pandora music app. I can get other apps that are not approved by Apple such as a bong app. I can tether my iPhone to a laptop with no additional fee from ATT. I can have 5 icons in my dock instead of 4. There is a bunch of shit you can do.

TETHERING SOUNDS COOL
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    i have a droid incredible. androids are much better than iphones imo because apple nickle and dimes you for everything. on android there is over 70,000 FREE apps. apple products are overrated. great products but overrated
    I MAY BE THE ODD BALL HERE, BUT I HAVE NO DESIRE TO GET ANY APPS I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH A APPLE IPHONE APP

without apps the only difference between a basic phone and a smart phone is the internet.....not worth the extra money imo
    yeah Verizon is a really good network. I've never had a problem with them and my family and I have always got good deals on phones.
    YOU EVER GET A DROPPED CALL?

without apps the only difference between a basic phone and a smart phone is the internet.....not worth the extra money imo
    WHAT KIND OF APPS WOULD YOU RECAMEND?
    The iPhone 5 comes with a can opener.
    I WANT MY IPHONE 5 TO COME WITH A FLESHLIGHT WITH THE ANAL INSERT