Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Sidney Crosby to miss All-Star Weekend

=D>
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    islanders need a new team
    They really dont. They would be fighting for a playoff spot if they just won 6 of the games they lost in November. If they won 11 of the 20 games they lost in november, they would be 6th in the East. One problem is they have been ravaged by injuries. They have 300+ man games lost due to injury. That is wayyyyy more than any other team in the whole league. Every time one guy comes back, 2 guys go down.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Eh, I still believe Snow is a bad, bad GM.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Eh, I still believe Snow is a bad, bad GM.
    He is and he isnt. The Smyth trade? If Ryan signed, it would have been brilliant. Especially since he wasnt even on the trade market. But since then, Wang has been micromanaging everything and not letting Snow do anything other than waiver wire pickups and trades for 2nd and 3rd round picks.
    Pekka Rinne's stick makes the most thrilling save of the season...

Vancouver 7......Starz 1. Wow.
    Vancouver 7......Starz 1. Wow.
    Stars Dman Nic Grossman played 18:10 in that game, and managed to finish +1. Thats incredible.

The waiver-wire claim of Evgeni Nabokov has taken another odd turn. The Islanders suspended [Nabokov] for his refusal to report after the team claimed him off waivers Saturday. General manager Garth Snow took the action after the 35-year-old netminder failed to board a second flight the Islanders booked to bring him to Long Island. Snow talked to Nabokov twice Sunday and remained optimistic he'd change his mind about not reporting. But after the Islanders sent him an itinerary for a second flight Monday, Nabokov again spurned the team. "He hasn't reported. We picked him up off waivers and anticipated he'd be part of our team, our organization. His failure to report led to this," Snow said before [Tuesday] night's game against the Penguins.

Well, I guess they had to, but it's not going to do shit.
    They know they can't trade him without him getting claimed, so they have to sit on his contract.

Oh and the Wings play the Devils tonight....and then it's All-Star break time finally. We're still in good shape with Datsyuk and Cleary poised to come back soon:

DETROIT -- Three of the Detroit Red Wings' injured forwards -- Mike Modano, Pavel Datsyuk and Danny Cleary -- joined the team on the ice for the first 20 minutes of practice Friday at Joe Louis Arena.

It was Cleary's first time on skates since he suffered a fractured right ankle on Dec. 26. Modano (wrist surgery) and Datsyuk (broken hand) had been skating on their own, but this was the first time they have skated with the club since the were injured.

“Modano won't be back right away, but it sounds like the (other) two guys will be back in Ottawa (Feb. 2) and I think Homer (Tomas Holmstrom, broken hand) is expected as well,'' coach Mike Babcock said.

Cleary said he hopes to start participating in full practices with the team on Monday.

"I was excited to see how it's going to feel,'' Cleary said. "I was able get through certain things, but still there is some discomfort there. It's healing for sure.''
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
    NO YOU FUCK OFF SICKY MC SICK SICK >: O
    Flyers are heading to the allstar break in 1st place in the NHL! \m/
    They will lose in the playoffs. No worries here :D
    Stars will lose in the playoffs. No worries here :D
    :-(
    I kid buddy :3 How are you feeling today?
    Stars will lose in the playoffs. No worries here :D
    Well duh lol. It's just great enough they are going to make the playoffs. It has been a big step up from last year and the years before. Team is looking good and I haz hope for ze future :3
    :-(
    I kid buddy :3 How are you feeling today?
    still shitty :[
    awwwwww :\

Maybe this might make you feel better. I'm sitting at school outside on a table with my laptop wearing shorts in 48 degree weather :D
    the bruins are the only team in the East that scares me. Flyers have handled Pitt and Wash all year easily. this is the best Flyers team i've seen since the 80's. unless there's an injury, i see them returning to the finals, theres no team as deep as the flyers. they have 10 players on pace to score 20 or more. redwings vancouver are the teams that have a legitimate shot in the west if healthy imo...dallas is alot better though, you never know
    Pittsburgh will step it up in the playoffs. You should watch out for them as well. They should all be healthy by then and you know Crosby bitch can score.

If Dallas plays Wings in the playoffs and beats them................................. :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Dayna, J, Brad, and Ed will never hear the end of it.