Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    -_-

Does that have anything to do with the Isles grabbing Nabokov off waivers?
    If it makes you feel better, my Isles still get screwed in the end because he wont report.
    I don't think that was in response to that, but yes, it is a dumb rule. You guys have to put him back on waivers just to trade him...
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    the isle cant trade him, its part of the whole waiver system . they can send him back through waivers though.
    in my opinion its bullshit that they claimed him because they are NOT go to make a playoff run and the only reason a team should have claimed him is if they think they have a legit run at the cup and just need a goalie to make that happen.
    Yes, they can trade him, but he has to go back through the waiver wire and Nabokov has to agree to it.

IMO the Islanders just did it to block the Wings from getting him, which is what I would have done too lol.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Maybe you should have studied for your test instead of calling.

Yes, they can trade him, but he has to go back through the waiver wire and Nabokov has to agree to it.

IMO the Islanders just did it to block the Wings from getting him, which is what I would have done too lol.

ok yes they could trade him if he cleared waivers which we know he will not. the wings would just pick him up on that anyways and save trading for him. to me it makes no sense for the isle to scoop him justr so the wings cant get him because first of all the isle wont make the playoffs and second their in seperate conferences so they wouldnt have to face him until the finals anyways
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Who cares he's not even that good anyway
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    the isle cant trade him, its part of the whole waiver system . they can send him back through waivers though.
    in my opinion its bullshit that they claimed him because they are NOT go to make a playoff run and the only reason a team should have claimed him is if they think they have a legit run at the cup and just need a goalie to make that happen.
    We can trade him if he clears waivers again. Which he will not. And we claimed him because we actually needed a goalie. DiPietro is always hurt, and Lawson just got injured so that left us with an oft-injured goalie and a 20 year old rookie who should be in the AHL. So we actually needed a goalie.
    We most likely are not going to put him back on waivers. We are most likely going to suspend the contract, preventing him from playing anywhere in the NHL or any league in agreement with the NHL this year. Meaning the only league he can go back to is the KHL. The league he left in the first place.

ok yes they could trade him if he cleared waivers which we know he will not. the wings would just pick him up on that anyways and save trading for him. to me it makes no sense for the isle to scoop him justr so the wings cant get him because first of all the isle wont make the playoffs and second their in seperate conferences so they wouldnt have to face him until the finals anyways
    Because we didnt claim him just to block the Wings. We claimed him in the hopes of actually using him this season.

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    thats a bitch move
    Not a bitch move. Just following the rules. The Blues were blocked twice in the last 3 weeks when trying to sign Kyle Wellwood and Marek Svatos and no one complained about it then. The Isles were blocked 2 years ago by the Blue Jackets when they tried to bring Wade Dubleiwizc back and no one complained then (except Isles fans). It's just following the rules.
    Nabokov is certainly better than Ozzie with a sports hernia....
    Nabokov is certainly better than Ozzie with a sports hernia....
    yeah I'd say so.
    We can trade him if he clears waivers again. Which he will not. And we claimed him because we actually needed a goalie. DiPietro is always hurt, and Lawson just got injured so that left us with an oft-injured goalie and a 20 year old rookie who should be in the AHL. So we actually needed a goalie.
    We most likely are not going to put him back on waivers. We are most likely going to suspend the contract, preventing him from playing anywhere in the NHL or any league in agreement with the NHL this year. Meaning the only league he can go back to is the KHL. The league he left in the first place.
    yeah but why try to turn your season around now, might as well play for a top 5 pick... if he did show up and play for the isle for remainder of the season the most they will accomplish is dropping down to like 10th overall pick and Nabby IS NOT going to re-sign with the islanders come summer time

Because as unrealistic as it is, they are not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, so why not try? Plus, winning with so many young guys helps so much with their attitude and confidence. Losing constantly as they have for the last few years is something that you dont want to do. So instead of going for the pick, they should try to compete as hard as they possibly can. However, I can see your point as well.
    yeah i do see where your coming from, no one wants to lose...especially if they want their young guys to stay with them when it comes time to re-sign.
    I honestly don't think the Islanders are going anywhere until they run Garth Snow out of town, but that's just me.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    Tough game for the Starz tonight. Lets hope they can get it done [-O<
    I honestly don't think the Islanders are going anywhere until they run Garth Snow out of town, but that's just me.
    It's not Garth. Garth is a puppet. The real GM is the owner, Charles Wang. Until Wang is out, this team will do nothing unless they somehow can keep all of their kids they drafted and those kids become good.

Bottom line is the team needs a new arena. Wang is not spending any money on the team until we get a new arena deal. Once that is done, atleast he will spend money. But the problem still remains that he is too hands on.

I honestly feel that Garth would be a decent GM if he was operating under a different owner.