Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Did the flyers win the cup yet?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Did the jackets win a playoff game yet?
    The blue jackets weren't even in the playoffs. I was just asking because I haven't been keeping up I know the flyers are good thought they would win. If it was over
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Flyers lost because Bryz shot it in his own net....and Shanahan suspended their best player for the deciding game for something stupid
    nah, they would have lost anyway. THe Devils were way better. They skated circles around them in games 2-3-4. They played whistle to whistle, ignored the flyers extra cirricular activities (which killed the pens) and beat us fair and square. Yea the refs were fucked up last night and Giroux being a clean player his entire career going back to peewee gets suspended for something stupid is ridiculous and I scold the NHL for their actions, but the FLyers still would have lost. Honestly I'm shocked cause I have no idea where the Devils came from, they almost lost ot florida and sucked all year, but they came to play and kicked our asses. Flyers have a great young team and Bryz playe well against the Devils. We will only get better. We'll get em next year :-S
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    Gonna be Rangers and Devils soon. That should be fun!
    i think the Rangers will dominate the Devils.....

Devils beat Florida who have goaltending and defense but not a great offense
    Devils beat the Flyers, who have a great offense, average defense and poor goaltending
    Rangers have a great offense, great defense and great goaltending.

Devils will get killed
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    i fucking hope so, i told my buddy who is a die hard devils fans that the avs would win the cup again before the devils even make it back to the finals.
    i think the Rangers will dominate the Devils.....

Devils beat the Flyers, who have a great offense, average defense and poor goaltending

Devils will get killed
    ...my guess is you didnt watch much of the series. Our goaltending was above average. The Devils absolutley shut down our offense, and they cycled and cycled in our offensive zone until our D was tired and they got goals.

I think the Devils are going to run shop on the Rangers.
    yep...great goaltending...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtEQN80qOIs

cant blame a tired "D", or the refs, for this one
    dude, that was a freak accident. He was solid this series. He kept us in every game and we couldnt score. We scored 30 goals against pitt. 11 against NJ. It's not just an accident they shut us down, we couldnt keep the puck in their zone and out of our zone. My moneys on the Devils to beat anybody.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    bryzgalov played well in the series IMO. made a lot of saves that kept the flyers in the games. im kinda with george on this one, i had no idea the devils were that good lol. i gotta give credit to their coach, he changed the way they play and now their playing extremely well. their much more aggressive then they used to be and it's paying off.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    Why would that guy shoot a goal against himself *facepalm*
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited May 2012
    he didn't. he chose a bad time to pass the puck because clarkson was right in front of him and the pass went off clarkson into the goal lol.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    George is crusty as all fucking hell
    I clicked agree.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Rangers have a great offense
    Not really. The Rangers struggled with a defensively challenged team in Ottawa and are struggling with Washington right now. The Devils are going to be the favorites to win the Eastern Conference no matter who comes out of that series, though I'm hoping the Rangers/Caps knock them out.

The Flyers are gonna have to hope for the best with Bryzgalov, because they're stuck with him for 8 more years. Their back end needs cleaning up much like ours does. If Pronger isn't coming back, I expect them to make a run at Ryan Suter right there with us.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Prongers done. They looked a hell of alot better defensivly with Meszaros back there last night.

Coburn/Timonen
    Meszaros/Carle
    Grossman/Gangster offseason pickup!
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Carle's a free agent. He might be gone. A good puck-moving defenseman like him would get some good money this summer
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Flyers have over 10mil coming off the cap next year with Hartnell, Timonen and Brieres long term deals dropping to around 2mil each, and Bryz is getting paid 4.5 mil less this year, they can afford Carle and a high profile free agent like Suter, but who knows with this team, theyre always down to make trades and shit. I think Jagr will be back next year and I think he'll take alot less money to play here since he loved it so much. They have to sign Voracek. Then just bulster the D.