Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    whatever its just stoopit, im not bitching about the suspension cause thats the rule... i just think if theyre gonna protect one star player from being suspended from the playoffs, you might as well protect another. Christ were down 3-1 games and they sit our star player whoos never once been fined or anything for a deciding game. Pisses me right off that ovenchicken hit was the same if not worse cause he left his feet. Giroux didnt even leave his fucking feet and Zubrus was all slouched over and shit, he clipped him and out a game. this league is becoming a DISGRACE. Asham crosschecked Schenn in the face and punched him in the back of the head and got 3 games, Neil purposely headshots 2 of our guys gets one game, I dont even know if what Giroux did was on purpose. Im so pissed. I love how the NHL gives a fucking 20 year player prolly with brain damage from concussions right out of the NHL full access to suspend and fine whoever he wants. This league is a disgrace. Its as bad as the NBA now.
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Damn. :(
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    Weber $2,500. Malkin, nothing. Ovie, everyone talked about his "leaving skates to hit Girardi in head," nothing. James Neal/Raffi Torres (both repeat offenders) Neal 1 Game / Torres 25 games. Giroux, first offense, 1 Game. Weber pulls move from Hulk Hogan, $2,500 fine.

Shannaban makes SO MUCH SENSE
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Meh. Even though the Ovechkin hit should have been looked at, I'm glad the NHL finally showed some balls and gave a star player more than a slap on the wrist. Way too fucking late since giving Weber a slap on the wrist is what's caused this reckless play in the first place, but whatever. Sucks for the Flyers, but Giroux has to learn. He's only going to get harassed more and more as he gets better.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Meh. Even though the Ovechkin hit should have been looked at, I'm glad the NHL finally showed some balls and gave a star player more than a slap on the wrist. Way too fucking late since giving Weber a slap on the wrist is what's caused this reckless play in the first place, but whatever. Sucks for the Flyers, but Giroux has to learn. He's only going to get harassed more and more as he gets better.
    So after letting 5 others slide youre glad the NHL finally got some balls and gave Giroux a penalty for brushing against a niggas head. Giroux has to learn? He's never been in trouble in his life? Now all the sudden a suspension over this shit in the fucking playoffs. GTFO you act like Giroux is some goon, its a questionable hit, he didnt leave his feet and nearly missed the guy ? Shits fucking ridiculous. a joke. What Weber did was way fucking worse. I guess they like to make an example out of the flyers, or for NJ Devil Shanafagz wants Brouder to go out on top. No way this should be a suspension, never in trouble before, no history, never even looked at and a game. It's a joke.

edited May 2012
    I'd rather not get into this again, but take off your orange and black colored glasses and watch it again. He aims for his head and even leaps upward into his head. It doesn't matter that he didn't leave his feet because he was aiming for the head. I don't care that he doesn't have a prior history, just because he's all pissy that the game isn't going his way doesn't give him the right to take liberties at players' heads. Should Weber have been suspended? Yes. Should Ovechkin have been at least fined? Yes. But that doesn't excuse Giroux. He needs to keep his emotions in check. I like him and I don't want him to become another Sidney Crosby who takes blatant cheap shots when he gets mad.

EDIT: Looking at the replay again, the hit was way late too. The puck was long gone, so you can't even make the argument that he was trying to separate Zubrus from the puck. It was a stupid hit.
    Giroux plays a tough game, and you're comparing him to crosbys bullshit? What the hell is wrong with you man? Kid doesn't have a blemish on his career, he should have at least only been fined. It just goes to show some players get away with shit. Ovenchicken did worse and shanabitch didn't Ben look at it, the system is flawed, players can't even play hard and with passion without getting a suspension, if he was a repeat offender I'd ilinderstand if he blatently elbowed him I'd understand but a shoulder to a guy who is Four feet taller them him leaned over, Noway. God almighty I hope we win game 5 cause Giroux will be back for vengeance. To compare him to Crosby is borderline potato. For real... Shit is a joke. Pretty sine their gonna start suspending people for trash talk. It's the fuxking playoffs for christs sake, goddamn I miss the old days.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Honestly it still sucks that the Bruins are out of the playoffs. But I gotta say I enjoy watching playoff hockey without getting stressed about it.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    you're comparing him to crosbys bullshit?
    Put the jump to conclusions mat away and read what I said again. I never compared Giroux to Crosby. However, I fear that he could become that type of player based on what I saw. He got mad and he took it out on another player in the form of a completely illegal hit. That's not playing with passion. That's being fucking stupid. Watch the video objectively for fuck's sake. Giroux does not have to hit Zubrus in the head. In fact, it would have been easier for him to hit him shoulder to shoulder. It would have still been late, but he might have gotten away without a penalty on the play. Instead, he takes another step and aims for the head. It doesn't matter that Zubrus is leaning over. Giroux doesn't hit his head unless he leaps upward into his check, which he does. I don't see how you can excuse this. He makes every effort to go for the head. There's nothing accidental about it. Using the "Ovechkin did worse so Giroux shouldn't get suspended" argument is stupid. It's a different situation, and while I don't agree with Ovechkin getting off with no supplemental discipline, that does not excuse Giroux in any way. There is no place for that hit in the game. If you're mad, go score a fucking goal like you're paid to do instead of trying to hurt someone.
    Get off shanahans cock. The dude is inconsistent. I said from the beginning I was more upset about the inconsistency then the fuxking suspension. Weber mashed a nighas face into the boards and got a $5 fine. Stoop it in consistent bullshit NHL. If we win game 5 it's over. Take off your shanahans cock themes glasses. Fukkov, I'm pissed.
    I say I disagree with one of Shanahan's decisions but agree with another, so therefore I'm on his cock......ok. I disagree with him more than I agree, I just feel that they got it right this time. You forget that it was my team that had to suffer because he did not suspend Weber. <_>
    Yeah but they're inconsistency sickens me. Fuck that. If it was Crosby or ovechkom they wouldn't have got suspended and the truth of that is just a few days prior. Fuck that shit. I hope they win game 5 and Giroux comes back and owns Brodie's mom.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    George salty as fuck. Damn boi calm down.
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    You forgot a "cotdamn homie"
    Hop off cock. The flyers mean more to me then mOst people.
    Rangers tied the game with 6 seconds left....wow.
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    That was a great game!!!
    kangiroux hit was not clean. you see him complaining to the reff right before he goes and does his thing. he took matters into his own hands. there has been a lot of crap that has let slide. shanny needs a new career
    yeah but my point is the league has been inconsistent as fuck with this shit, Ovenchickens hit was worse and nothing. Not even a fine and he has priors. Shanahan was solid all year, then turned eratic pussified in the playoffs, except when it comes to the Flyers. Bullshit.

https://www.facebook.com/FlyersConspiracy
    lol @ that Facebook page. The refs are not the reason the Flyers are about to get bounced from the playoffs, let's not kid ourselves here.