Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    When forward Todd Bertuzzi on Monday afternoon spied a couple of Nashville Predators wanting to play table tennis on the tables that belong to the Detroit Red Wings, he told team security, who took care of the matter.

The Wings figure it's fair game, seeing as the Predators don't play nice with them, either.

"I came out of our room, saw some of their guys wanting to play on our Ping Pong tables and told security," Bertuzzi told the Free Press. "I didn't do anything else. I didn't move the table myself."

Rumors that Bertuzzi had personally packed up the table and wheeled it away swirled around the morning skates today. The Wings host the Predators at 7:30 (NBCSN, FSD, CBC) in Game 4 looking to even the first-round series.

No one among the Wings had heard of Ping Ponggate, but greeted it with delight.

"You know he's a terrible Ping Pong player," forward Danny Cleary said with a grin. "At least he can do something with it. But it's good. He's our sheriff around here."

When a TV reporter asked Wings coach Mike Babcock about it during his morning news conference, he said, "is that true or not?" A team spokesman yelled out, "no," which made Babcock laugh.

"So that's why stuff like that is rumors," he said. "Lots of the rumors that are going around, honest to God, when I'm bored, I start them to get them going."
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Shaw should have gotten a game.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    The way I look at the legal action on that cheap shot that ended dudes career is this.

Say you're drinking and driving and you crash into someone and paralyze them or at least injure them enough to where they can't work or go back to their normal way of life. You will end up being sued to pay for damages and to pay for living costs of that person you injured.

I think it should be the same deal where the player that punched the guy and smashed his face into the ice ending his career should not only do some jail time like a normal person would buy also pay hefty penalties in a law suit. They should take the worth of that player and pay out how ever long his career should have been.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Fuck Bertuzzi. Fuck Brad n Jay. Fuck Eminem. Fuck Detroit.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Hop off cock [-(
    I think bert did have to pay some money already but I'm not sure
    He'll probably have to pay even more before it's all over.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Shaw could have stopped before he reached the goalie, you know. He had plenty of time. I don't agree with a suspension at all, but it was still a reckless play and looking at the video does convince me that what he got during the game was fair. A non-intentional hit, CF? Seriously? He wasn't even behind the net yet when Smith got the puck, yet he chose to skate through him, not around him. That's entirely Shaw's fault.

However, 3 games when other, more violent and blatant offenses got 1 game or no games is ridiculous. Shanahan opened this can of worms when he didn't suspend Weber, and now he's got to live with the standard he's set.
    I still don't think it was intentional, although he probably could have made a better effort to avoid him. 3 games is ridiculous. I first heard 1 game and although I wasn't happy with it, I was willing to accept it, but this could hurt the Hawks now. Shaw is one of the grittiest players on the team and they need guys like him. This only encourages players to take dives now. If i'm a coach, I'm telling all of my players to fall down whenever they get touched and stay down for 10 minutes or until they bring the stretcher out.
    I probably will
    I already did that too
    I heard Hossa got carted off on a stretcher thank to the resident thug Raffi Torres.
    Hit was clean
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Nashville > Detroit
    My god Howard. Worst goal he's given up these playoffs.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    fuckin refs....couldn't review the goal Nashville got...but at least they scored a couple seconds later. refs are red wings fans
    I want to commit rn

Shut up John, they scored again a couple minutes later. <_>
    Fuck this shit. I'm done