Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I agree and he was harshly punished for it.

And again, any captain gets run at, people are going to be calling for the guy who did its head, but theres only a few incidents where I think people purpoself wanted to hurt other players, like Chris Simon is a perfect example of a player who was just out to hurt people. I dont even think Asham meant to hurt Schenn the other day and I'm glad he's ok. I think its just heat of the moment type shit and its how you act and what you do afterward to make ammends. Bertuzzi undoubtedly cheapshotted the fuck out of the dude and he did not deserve that. They should have just went one on one. Bertuzzi paid the price with a heafty suspension and he also has to live with the fact that he ended a players career. It's a shame the whole thing is a shame, but I do still beielve it was an accident, that yes could have been avoided. It's going to happen again, its just part of the game.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    No, its not. Youre acting like it was a cross check gone wrong. He sucker punched him in the back of the head.

Also, he was suspended the year of the lockout <_>
    No, its not. Youre acting like it was a cross check gone wrong. He sucker punched him in the back of the head.

Also, he was suspended the year of the lockout <_>
    I agree, what asham did was dirty, but if you watch the video he crosschecks him, hit him, then when he realized he was injured he let up and you could see the look on his face like "oh fuck" ... yeah it was dirty as hell, and he doesnt even have the balls to apologize for it.

The Bertuzzi incident was extremely unfortunate for everyone involved especially Moore. It's a fucking shame and shouldnt have happened. It's part of the game and unfortunately players get injured over shit like this. There could have been some serious injuries sunday from the cheapshots the penguins were taking on my players. I understand your frustration and I would be just as pissed if I were you. But just looking at it from an outside POV, I really can't say i think Bertuzzi purpossly wanted to end the guys career cause I dont believe that to be true.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Flyers / Penguins series summary

Biron's not on the FLyers anymore.
    same result though
    gtfo, Bryz has been solid when needed. We're playing against those pussy skill bitchesz that get powerplays all the time. Bryz will be fine.
    still think when it comes down to a goaltending duel in the playoffs, bryz will lose
    ok, whatever you say Mr. Hockey. Didnt even know McSorely fought Brashear <_>

Bryz is absolutley fine. I have faith and confidence in him. Yeah hees given up some goals, but we're playing the best offesnse in the game, it was expected.
    Penguins Broadcasters Thought Jaromir Jagr Cheated in Game 2

As you know, Yinzers live in a bubble. It’s a bridge and river and steel and tar-filled bubble... but still a bubble. And when it comes to their hockey team, people from Pittsburgh - thanks to the NHL and NBC stroking Sidney Crosby and his teammates for seven years - believe that the Penguins are superior to all others. They can do no wrong. There must always be an explanation - an excuse, really - for their failures.

Their broadcast crew is firmly entrenched in the bubble.

Two years ago, one Penguins TV producer purposely didn’t send a replay feed to the league because it showed that then-Flyer Simon Gagne had, in fact, scored a goal against the hometown team. The play had been under review, and, since the league didn’t have evidence to overturn the official ruling (no-goal), Gagne and the Flyers were never credited with the score... though they went on to win, 7-4. That’s an old story, but worth bringing up today as we present to you this bit of tid from the Penguins Game 2 broadcast on Friday night:

Lost in the shuffle of the Flyers destroying their unfortunate foes this weekend was an (albeit minor) controversy that arose when ex-Penguin Jaromir Jagr scored the Flyers’ game-winning goal on Friday night. The controversy existed solely in the minds of ROOT Sports broadcasters Paul Steigerwald and Bob Errey, who thought that Jagr had an illegal stick. Behold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XCLghIxz0_U

That’s quite a bit of prattling based on purely circumstantial evidence. What’s more, though, is that the ROOT Sports folks - who opined that Jagr may have switched back to a legal stick after scoring the goal - failed to notice that Jags had actually broken his stick on the play, forcing him to - get this - pick up a new one:

See, broken (it's not completely obvious, but the stick broke in two on the shot).

Though this part wasn’t the focus of their argument, Jagr got a new stick was out of necessity, not because he was trying to hide anything.

Excuses, excuses.

Of course, when the Flyers stamp their 4-0 series sweep tomorrow night, it will be difficult for even the most hardened, steel mill dust-covered Yinzer to find an excuse that spreads its wings over four full games.

H/T to reader Rob for the heads up... and for putting up with that awful broadcast
    Jagr used to be a penguin so he does have the cheater gene
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Shanahan should lose his job. How does Shaw get suspended for three games for a non-intentional hit. It's fucking bullshit. and yes I'm mad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rELP0bYLg4
    Shanahan should lose his job. How does Shaw get suspended for three games for a non-intentional hit. It's fucking bullshit. and yes I'm mad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rELP0bYLg4

I have to say.....

I agree. Noway he should get 3 games for that. WHat was he supposed to do? Instantly lose 100 lbs so he could squeeze by the goalie. Thats a bad suspension. Them Pens better be getting susupended.

it wasnt charging... Shanafagz has been good all year, noe he's acting like a bitchesz in the playoffs with this shit and not giving a game to Weber. Obv he can't handle this job <_>
    Shaw's eye was on the puck the whole time <_>
    and he tried to slow up so he did try not to hit the goalie.

Shanahan's a pussy.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    He tried to avoid contact and yes he hit him but Smith acted like someone shot him. Smith should be suspended for diving.
    Shanapuss better be about to release a video suspending them dirty penguinfagz....
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Shaw could have stopped before he reached the goalie, you know. He had plenty of time. I don't agree with a suspension at all, but it was still a reckless play and looking at the video does convince me that what he got during the game was fair. A non-intentional hit, CF? Seriously? He wasn't even behind the net yet when Smith got the puck, yet he chose to skate through him, not around him. That's entirely Shaw's fault.

However, 3 games when other, more violent and blatant offenses got 1 game or no games is ridiculous. Shanahan opened this can of worms when he didn't suspend Weber, and now he's got to live with the standard he's set.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    And regarding the Bertuzzi thing, everyone missed the post where I said his trial for what he did is still pending, so it's not like he's out of the woods yet. What he did was disgusting, but his punishment has yet to be determined by the law.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage