Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    i'm glad the thrashers are gone so i don't have to listen to their stupid commercials anymore
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    CF <_>

He wasn't the puck carrier? Where was the puck when Havlat got hit? In his feet. When Kronwall commits to the hit, it looks like Havlat will have possession of the puck. So it wasn't an unnecessary hit. None of this happens if the puck gets onto Havlat's stick cleanly, because then he will have his head up. Unfortunately, the puck took a weird bounce and Havlat lost control and instinctively looked down to find it. This puts him in a vulnerable position before Kronwall can stop. None of that is Kronwall's fault. If his head is up, Kronwall doesn't hit him in the head, regardless of what part of his body he led with. At impact, Kronwall's skates are still on the ice. So arguing that it's dirty is wrong for a couple reasons. One, the puck carrier put himself in a vulnerable position at the very last instant. If he is not, the hit isn't nearly as violent. Two, it would have been into his chest had he not put his head down. I don't see how you can call the hit dirty when Havlat looked down at the puck at the last second. What is Kronwall supposed to do there? It's impossible to stop at that point. Havlat bears some responsibility for his fate as well. If you have your head up, you will not get laid out. Not a dirty hit. Plain and simple.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    He didn't even hit him in the head on purpose. He shoulder checked him right in upper chest and the dumb ass put his head down right when it happened. Clean hit was clean.
    Why would I be trolling? <_>
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Jay salty that his hero is nothing but a cheap shot artist
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers

1. Being unwilling to fight doesn't make you a pussy. Is Lidstrom a pussy? I've never seen him fight. If fighting were an essential part of the game, Kronwall wouldn't be playing. He deals big hits that other teams don't like. Body checking is indeed part of the game. Scott Stevens was the same kind of player.
    Scott Stevens is one of the dirtiest players in NHL history. You know how many careers he ended <_>
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Kronwalls a pussy /input
    I don't even have to argue stevens being a dirty player, just type his name in yahoo and see for yourself... It sucked having him in our division, he ruined a lot of our players careers and lives. Fuck stevens.

1. Being unwilling to fight doesn't make you a pussy. Is Lidstrom a pussy? I've never seen him fight. If fighting were an essential part of the game, Kronwall wouldn't be playing. He deals big hits that other teams don't like. Body checking is indeed part of the game. Scott Stevens was the same kind of player.
    Scott Stevens is one of the dirtiest players in NHL history. You know how many careers he ended <_>
    He was a hell of a defenseman. The game's different now. I'm sure a lot of the hits Stevens gave out would be illegal today. I remember the one where he knocked the wind out of Paul Kariya. That doesn't mean he wasn't a damn good defenseman.
    Jay salty that his hero is nothing but a cheap shot artist
    The vast majority of Kronwall's hits are clean. I'm not going to go around saying he's perfect, because he does leap into his checks once in a while, but he typically is a very clean hitter.

Lidstrom and Datsyuk are my favorite players, get it right. L-)
    Stevens was a nasty dirty player ever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U7jUbKQYdw

If he was in your division you would know what I'm talking about. In that video maybe 1 clean hit, maybe.... but it was still to the head. He was out to hurt and end careers. Fuck stevens.
    edited March 2012
    I'm not disagreeing. He laid out a Red Wing in the 1995 Finals. He was still a good defenseman. He just developed a reputation for those hits.

EDIT: That hit is #3, lol....
    He laid out more flyers than i can count, but at least back then we could kick his ass for it...
    I hate Stevens, hees on the level of the cowgirls for me...
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Stevens may have been dirty, but he was a damn good player and leader and when he delivered his cheap shots, he would at least drop the gloves unlike someone else..*coughkronwallcough*
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    George mad because Stevens has more stanley cup rings than the Flyers franchise
    George mad cause Stevens was a dirty player and ended careers of some of my favorite players. If he was in your division, you'd understand.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Steven's Devils ended a whole bunch of Bruins playoff runs...i've always respected Stevens though