Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDLbJ-6OpbI

Paille got some air on that one.
    that whole game sucked. not only to lose, but to the pens at home.....yep

• Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    :)) that hit was awesome
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    damn John.... Paille got baptized.
    well...at least one of my teams won today....
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    MacDonald is starting tonight against the Coyotes....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Better him than Conklin.
    Whoever stops the puck....
    Whoever stops the puck....
    didn't you learn your lesson the other night about conklin?
    jaycuppppppppppppppp
    I didn't say anything about Conklin.....
    I just want someone who will stop the fucking puck besides Jimmy. He'll be dead tired by the playoffs if we keep playing him at the pace we've been playing him.
    Losing right now..... [-X
    Glad I waited a little longer to bitch about our power play playing like shit.
    Ah, fuck it. Our power play still sucks. My god.
    Fire the assistant coaches and let Babs run the whole team. We're awesome 5 on 5 but give us or the other team a power play and we're fucked.
    OH LOOK! WE HAD MACDONALD IN NET FOR BACKUP AND WE WON
    :-$
    During the B's game last night, NBC Sports was advertising the Flyers / Wings game on Sunday night. One of the commercials had them going back and forth saying players names from both teams, star players. Giroux wasn't mentioned
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    George mad?

Anyway, in other news, it's official:

DETROIT – Within a half hour of the NHL officially announcing the Winter Classic outdoor game will feature the Detroit Red Wings as host to Original Six rival Toronto, Maple Leafs general manager Brian Burke offered his own unofficial slogan for the event.

"It's Hockeytown versus the center of the hockey universe," Burke said.

The league is splitting the sixth annual Winter Classic into two venues, with the University of Michigan's Big House in Ann Arbor serving as the site for the game on New Year's Day and Detroit Tigers' Comerica Park having a second rink. Downtown Detroit will host the alumni games, plus the Great Lakes Invitational college hockey tournament, an American Hockey League game between Detroit's Grand Rapids (Mich.) affiliate and the Toronto Marlies and two Ontario Hockey League games featuring Michigan-based teams Plymouth and Saginaw.

"I can promise you there will be something for everyone," said Red Wings and Tigers owner Mike Ilitch.

The Big House has drawn more than 114,000 for a Michigan football games, and the NHL is hoping to draw a higher number once the stadium configuration is sorted out for the outdoor event.

The record hockey crowd is 104,173 at Michigan Stadium for a college game between Michigan and Michigan State on Dec. 11, 2010.

By making the Maple Leafs the first Canadian team to play in the Winter Classic, the NHL assured itself a large contingent of road fans.

Burke said league officials originally called him and asked if he believed Toronto fans would buy 40,000 tickets, and he told them it could be accomplished in 24 hours. They called back and asked if Toronto fans would buy 50,000 tickets, he told them it would take 72 hours.

"If they give us 80,000 tickets, we will sell them all," Burke said later.

The Red Wings are making their second trip to the Winter Classic, having defeated the Chicago Blackhawks in 2009 at Chicago's Wrigley Field.
    "That game was one of the highlights of my career," said former NHL player Kris Draper. "Now to have Detroit and Toronto go at it is a no-brainer."

The franchises have been playing each other since 1927, and Toronto holds an edge in wins, 276-275.

"Toronto and Detroit are two great organizations and they were bitter rivals when we played," said Hall of Famer Red Kelly, who played for both teams during a career that last from 1946 until 1967.

Detroit president Chris Ilitch said all of the games combined over the Winter Classic schedule could draw a total attendance of anywhere between 150,000 and 300,000. The Great Lakes Invitational is played right after Christmas and it will feature Michigan, Michigan State, Michigan Tech and Western Michigan.

"With this whole festival concept piggybacking off the Winter Classic, it will give more exposure to college hockey and hockey in general," said Michigan State coach Tom Anastos. "I think people underestimate how important college hockey is to this region. You can't do an event like this in too many places in America. But you can do it here."

This might be my favorite picture ever. :X