Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    oh so it was your fault! I was gonna blame the reffs...
    :))
    Giroux and Malkin over Datsyuk? 8-}
    L-)
    [-X
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Holy shit did the wings get raped
    that's what I already said dooodddddddddddddd

Holy shit did the wings get raped
    i routed for them and brought em bad luck. i hate the habs, dammit

oh so it was your fault! I was gonna blame the reffs...

I know but nobody responded so I wanted to point it out again
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Giroux > The NHL
    If Claude Giroux Could Plow One Celebrity, It Would Probably Be Minka Kelly

Sweet Jesus

Claude Giroux, the Canadian jesus, spoke with Men’s Health earlier this month. The magazine interviewed him about many things, including his recent concussion, Scott Hartnell, and his intense workout routine. But, as you might have imagined, my sick mind focused on the part in which Giroux talked about his social life. An excerpt for your reading pleasure:

C’mon, you’re a celebrity now. That means you can Tweet at other celebrities. It’s time to get an actress to the Wells Fargo Center. Who’d be first on your list?

Man, probably Minka Kelly—is she still with Derek Jeter or what? I’d invite her for sure.

Have you had any memorable encounters with women off the ice?

This one time we were just hanging at a restaurant and this girl came up to me. I’d signed an autograph on her shoulder a few weeks before, and she wanted to show me that she’d gone and gotten it permanently tattooed on her arm.

Damn. I take it you guys won’t be going back there anytime soon. Where in Philly do you like to eat on your days off?

I love Buddakhan. They have so much great stuff. Ever since the HBO documentary aired, though, we go to more low-key places. We’ve got lots of young players, so we’ll still go for a few beers here and there, but nothing too crazy.

So if a 24-year-old hockey player living in Philly isn’t drinking or picking up women on the weekends, what’s he doing?

On my off days, I just like to just relax a lot, play ping pong, stuff like that. In practice and in games you expend so much energy. Recently we’ve been on the road for about 12 days and the schedule’s been brutal, so we don’t get to go out a lot for long stretches. I honestly couldn’t tell you the last movie I saw.

Minka Kelly-- good taste, Claude.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Flyers play at the Wells Fargo Center. Wells Fargo sucks ass, so by assocation, the Flyers suck ass
    Flyers play at the Wells Fargo Center. Wells Fargo sucks ass, so by assocation, the Flyers suck ass
    Draft is at 8.
    Datsyuk was picked first. :D Then Alfredsson picked his teammates and not Malkin or Giroux. <_> I mean wtf?
    edited January 2012
    GIroux > Datsyuk... yous act like Giroux is a junior or something. Dood is all pro 2way awesome player. just look at his highlights from this year. fukkov you faggot haters
    =; ...he was picked right after the nigga, like 5th. errybody in the NHL know wassup with Grioux. He's a superstar.
    when Giroux's career is done, noone will ever remember who Datsyuk is except for yous in the sticks of the D.
    edited January 2012
    yes I am mad. Malkin is a trashbag. dude cant play D to save his life. Giroux= GOD! Datsyuk is a great player and maybe better then Giroux atm barely if even at all. imo Datsyuk has better players around him, Giroux makes players around him better. Hartnell plays on a line with Giroux, hees at the all star game, jagr plays on a line with Giroux he revamps his careeer. when the team is slumping on a line, they put giroux on it to make that line spark... hees all around great/team player. he's only fukkin like 23 or some shit, dude is gonna be the best player in the nhl for years. hees just gettin started. fukk yooz make me a sandwich.
    edited January 2012
    George <_> Biased much? You know the Flyers have been a good team the past couple years without Giroux putting up that kind of production. He's had a great year, but Datsyuk is in his prime right now and is the better player.
    no, I never siad this about any other players... I just dont think yooz in the west get to watch mush hockey in the east. Giroux is a fucking animal. I got the NHL package I watch it pretty much erryday. GIroux is probably the best player in the NHL right now. ANd he's only a fucking kid. Wait till like 2-3 more years, you'll see.

theres more teams in teh NHL then the redwings <_>
    Who cares the NHL all star game is lame as hell. I think I would rather watch the Pro Bowl now. [-(
    He's not better than Datsyuk. Not right now. In a few years, when Datsyuk is coming up on retirement and Giroux enters his prime, sure, he'll probably be better. But saying no one will remember Datsyuk when he's on track to be a Hall of Famer is ridiculous.

I'm a hockey fan, not just a Red Wings fan, I've watched games that the Red Wings haven't played in this season. When I say I believe Datsyuk is better, I have my reasons.
    They're very similar and close in skill. I think they'll finish the year virtually tied in stats. But when Giroux is in his prime and has Hartnell as a linemate for a few years, nigga hees gonna be nasty as fuck.
    Of course, Giroux's got a longer career ahead of him as long as his concussion was an isolated incident and in a few years he'll be the better player. Career-wise, who knows. It's too early to project for Giroux.