Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    Due to recent events, I now want Phoenix to win one of their home games.
    .............................no.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Due to recent events, I now want Phoenix to win one of their home games.
    .............................no.
    I got tickets to game 5. So I'd like to see them finish the series back in Detroit.
    No. The sooner we can finish Phoenix off, the better. We need to get healthy and rest up if we're going to get the Sharks in the second round again.
    Who said the Sharks would beat the Kings?
    I think they will, and they are the best team we could play in the second round anyway. The other two possibilities are the Ducks and Predators, and I think we can handle either. We need Zetterberg and Franzen to get healthy regardless.
    The Kings beat the Sharks 4-0 in their last game. In San Jose too. And their first game the Kings took them to overtime. Plus we haven't needed Zetterberg yet this series. As long as they don't bring him back until at least the next series he should be alright.
    Who we play in the next round isn't the point. The Wings are an older team. Last year they clearly burnt out in the second round and that's a big reason why they lost in 5 to the Sharks. If we have any chance of going deep and potentially beating a team like Vancouver in the conference finals, we cannot waste time dragging out series against teams we are clearly better than. We WILL need Zetterberg in the next round.
    Keep shooting on Bryzgalov.
    Who we play in the next round isn't the point. The Wings are an older team. Last year they clearly burnt out in the second round and that's a big reason why they lost in 5 to the Sharks. If we have any chance of going deep and potentially beating a team like Vancouver in the conference finals, we cannot waste time dragging out series against teams we are clearly better than. We WILL need Zetterberg in the next round.
    Alright I get that, but given how the Kings-Sharks series has gone from the first 2 games I could see it taking 6 or 7 to finish, while we will finish ours in most likely 4, if not then 5 games. And if Babcock's smart he will see that we don't need Zetterberg for this round and won't play him, giving him time to rest for the next round regardless if it takes 4 or 5 games.
    Alright I get that, but given how the Kings-Sharks series has gone from the first 2 games I could see it taking 6 or 7 to finish, while we will finish ours in most likely 4, if not then 5 games. And if Babcock's smart he will see that we don't need Zetterberg for this round and won't play him, giving him time to rest for the next round regardless if it takes 4 or 5 games.
    It's not just Zetterberg, it's the whole team. Phoenix is a physical team and a long series will wear them out. If we go 6 or 7 against them we will be at a disadvantage against teams like San Jose, Anaheim, or Nashville, who are all also big and physical with a good amount of skill.
    It's not just Zetterberg, it's the whole team. Phoenix is a physical team and a long series will wear them out. If we go 6 or 7 against them we will be at a disadvantage against teams like San Jose, Anaheim, or Nashville, who are all also big and physical with a good amount of skill.
    Our series wouldn't go past 5 games. I didn't get a chance to go to a game this year so I'd like to see one, but if they win in 4 and it doesn't happen so be it. I'll still be happy.
    I wanna see bertuzzi knock out doan
    I would also like to see this.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    phoenix sucks.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    AW YEA WINGS :-D
    {Upload|9424}
    RED WINGSSSSSSSSSSS \m/