Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    The thing is, Vancouver is so much better this year. Adding Hamhuis really helped their defense, even though they dealt with some injuries back there. And Luongo is too good a goalie to not break through and win eventually. Just my opinion. If you get in the box against Vancouver, I don't care who you have on your team, you're going to pay. They're nearly automatic on it. Certainly, the Flyers have the team and depth to counter Vancouver, but I think Vancouver is better front to back. Not to mention, who's Philly's goalie this time? And can he be trusted to backstop a playoff run? If it were Detroit and Philly (which is what I'm hoping for) in the Finals, I think it would be a 7-game series with the last one going either way.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I can't see Chicago beating Vancouver. Dustin Byfulgien was Luongo's worst nightmare in that series, and now he's gone. Chicago doesn't have the size and physicality needed to go deep this year.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It's philly's year. Vancouver or someone else, philly can take them. They are more disciplined then ever and can score from anywhere. By playoff time everyone will be healthy just in time for the run that wins the cup. I been folklowing the league all year. There are good teams out there that will give philly a hardtime, but none of them will be able to win 4 games against them. Too deep a D and too much scoring. It's gonna be a fun playoffs!!!
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    I can't see Chicago beating Vancouver. Dustin Byfulgien was Luongo's worst nightmare in that series, and now he's gone. Chicago doesn't have the size and physicality needed to go deep this year.
    100% correct. Eager gone as well. Honestly, Buff was key to the Cup run. He terrorized the Flyers last year, as well as the Canucks.
    It's philly's year. Vancouver or someone else, philly can take them. They are more disciplined then ever and can score from anywhere. By playoff time everyone will be healthy just in time for the run that wins the cup. I been folklowing the league all year. There are good teams out there that will give philly a hardtime, but none of them will be able to win 4 games against them. Too deep a D and too much scoring. It's gonna be a fun playoffs!!!
    They are very disciplined this season. Even Carcillo doesn't seem to be taking the dumb penalties that I've been accustomed to seeing from him the last 2 seasons.
    Chicago is hott right now though, the team on fire usually goes deep like montreal did last year. I think. They can pull the upset, or at least play the hell out of them so they're tired and get knocked out round 2.
    100% correct. Eager gone as well. Honestly, Buff was key to the Cup run. He terrorized the Flyers last year, as well as the Canucks.
    The Sharks are glad he's gone too...
    I feel that way about the Wings IF THEY CAN STAY HEALTHY. Otherwise we're getting bounced in the second round again, which would be an immense disappointment for me. I want a Detroit-Philly final. That would be great.
    :>
    Chicago is hott right now though, the team on fire usually goes deep like montreal did last year. I think. They can pull the upset, or at least play the hell out of them so they're tired and get knocked out round 2.
    For this reason, I am loving how the playoffs are looking like so far. Some teams getting hot at the right time (although I wish the Rangers would cool off) which is key for a playoff run.

Last year's playoffs were awesome though. Will be tough to beat it.
    Chicago has been inconsistent as of late. Nashville is heating up along with San Jose. What a matchup that would be.
    Health is my only concern. I think boosh or bobs will be fine in the playoffs. If the team can stay healthy, they have the best shot at taking it.
    Health is my only concern. I think boosh or bobs will be fine in the playoffs. If the team can stay healthy, they have the best shot at taking it.
    I'd rather Bobrovsky take the majority of the starts. Boucher has always been very inconsistent, whereas BOB seems very solid (like last night against my Isles). Boucher almost cost the Flyers the playoffs last season, and just has many poor performances (Rangers blowout?). Just too inconsistent to be reliable.
    Thanks to Joffrey Lupul, I have to worry about Howard. :-| I would say start Ozzie, but his fucking sports hernia won't heal, so he's out. :(
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Thanks to Joffrey Lupul, I have to worry about Howard. :-| I would say start Ozzie, but his fucking sports hernia won't heal, so he's out. :(
    I really wanted someone to start a fight with Lupul like they did after the hit on Rafalski. Macdonald has been doing pretty well, the only problem is he just doesn't have the experience.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    If the Hawks play Vancouver I like the Hawks chances. Not only have the Hawks put them out 2 years in a row, but the Hawks have had their number this year in the regular season too. ( 3 out of 4 games i think) For whatever reason I think there is a mental thing w/ Luongo and that team when it comes to playing the Hawks. Not having Byfuglien will hurt, but it would be a very tough series. That being said I prefer it to happen in the second round and not the first...
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    Going down to the Flyers/Islanders game April 9th \m/
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
    Going down to the Flyers/Islanders game April 9th \m/
    Expect a win. Islanders just CANNOT beat the Flyers for the last few seasons. Especially not in Philly. But I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.
    Well im a Flyers fan so im expecting a win. Hopefully there will be some good fights cause both teams will pretty much be dead set on where they are at in the standings then, and the Isles have been nasty all year.
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
    Well im a Flyers fan so im expecting a win. Hopefully there will be some good fights cause both teams will pretty much be dead set on where they are at in the standings then, and the Isles have been nasty all year.
    I'd expect Haley and someone else to go at it again, but probably not Carcillo. Carcillo got his ass kicked by Haley on Saturday and I don't think he will wanna do that again lol
    I'd expect Haley and someone else to go at it again, but probably not Carcillo. Carcillo got his ass kicked by Haley on Saturday and I don't think he will wanna do that again lol
    You never know. He may considering there wont really be fighting in the playoffs.
    You never know. He may considering there wont really be fighting in the playoffs.
    That's true. He may just to get one last fight in before the season ends.

I gotta say, on a random note, the way this team has played over the last half of the season, I am the most excited I have been for the start of an Islanders season than I have been in a long time. I really truly think, as do many others, that this team will be a playoff team next year.

We just gotta find a solution to Rick DiPietro. Gotta get rid of that fucker.