Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    wtf?? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that sig?????? :O
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    every team bitches about the refs. They have too mcuh control on the outcome of games. Just look at last years winter classic how the flyers got robbed they pwned the whole game, 5 mins left, the bruins get back 2 back pp's to tie it up, then in overtime, OVERTIME they have 7 men on the ice(theres only supposed to be 4) and the refs dont call it and they get an odd man rush and win. and i've seen it in many other games the flyers werent a part of. the refs try to keep the games close imo no matter who's playing and certain players in the NHL get special treatment. the refs will try to keep games close, but they will shy away from making calls in overtime that will determine the outcome of games. it's a crock, carcillo will get a penalty, crosby or ovenchicken will do the same thing and no call on them. yes, i do think the refs try to keep games close and play favorites, but i dont think they are out to get any specific teams.
    wtf?? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that sig?????? :O
    whoo it's gone. I had Ed's sig. Jesus, you're right it could be Karma. Never again.
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    every team bitches about the refs. They have too mcuh control on the outcome of games. Just look at last years winter classic how the flyers got robbed they pwned the whole game, 5 mins left, the bruins get back 2 back pp's to tie it up, then in overtime, OVERTIME they have 7 men on the ice(theres only supposed to be 4) and the refs dont call it and they get an odd man rush and win. and i've seen it in many other games the flyers werent a part of. the refs try to keep the games close imo no matter who's playing and certain players in the NHL get special treatment. the refs will try to keep games close, but they will shy away from making calls in overtime that will determine the outcome of games. it's a crock, carcillo will get a penalty, crosby or ovenchicken will do the same thing and no call on them. yes, i do think the refs try to keep games close and play favorites, but i dont think they are out to get any specific teams.
    I agree certain people will get a penalty just for their name like Carcillo or there are people who can get away with anything like Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I think the main problem with the officiating is the penalties they call are so fucking weak and, in doing so, are being counterproductive to the focus of the game nowadays, which is speed and skill. I've seen sooooo many penalties called just because a player loses his balance and an opposing player touches him, or a player pushes an opponent with his free hand to get position, etc. On the other hand, you see blatant penalties that are never ever called. Charging must not be in the rulebook anymore, because I see players get away with leaving their feet and taking more than two steps into a check. Interference is such bullshit as well. They'll call the small, ticky-tack shit, but if a player goes to get the puck and he gets bumped off before he touches it, that shit isn't called. I worry that with the league's overall emphasis towards cutting down head shots, they're ignoring the fact that they need to re-evaluate some rules and define what constitutes a penalty and what doesn't.

Oh, and get rid of the fucking trapezoid already. That isn't doing anyone any favors.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    fucking av's aren't suppose to win. i want Landeskog dammit
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    btw plague I forgot to mention...your favorite guy Campoli w/ the game winner the other night for the Hawks
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    edited March 2011
    btw plague I forgot to mention...your favorite guy Campoli w/ the game winner the other night for the Hawks
    If he plays, well for the Hawks, then good. He's sucked for so long, but I'd like to see good things happen for the guy. He was great a few years back in training camp and the first half of his rookie year, but then he started to suck.

He's always been pretty good offensively though
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    I think the main problem with the officiating is the penalties they call are so fucking weak and, in doing so, are being counterproductive to the focus of the game nowadays, which is speed and skill. I've seen sooooo many penalties called just because a player loses his balance and an opposing player touches him, or a player pushes an opponent with his free hand to get position, etc. On the other hand, you see blatant penalties that are never ever called. Charging must not be in the rulebook anymore, because I see players get away with leaving their feet and taking more than two steps into a check. Interference is such bullshit as well. They'll call the small, ticky-tack shit, but if a player goes to get the puck and he gets bumped off before he touches it, that shit isn't called. I worry that with the league's overall emphasis towards cutting down head shots, they're ignoring the fact that they need to re-evaluate some rules and define what constitutes a penalty and what doesn't.

Oh, and get rid of the fucking trapezoid already. That isn't doing anyone any favors.
    The officiating in the NHL is the absolute worst I have ever seen in any league. It is just terrible.
    edited March 2011
    Goddammit. There goes the small shot we had at the President's Trophy. We played well though.
    Post edited by JLRedWing13 on
    edited March 2011

The officiating in the NHL is the absolute worst I have ever seen in any league. It is just terrible.
    I think NBA refs are the worst, because they can immediately change a game when they suck. NHL refs aren't far behind though. It's a hard job, but geez....

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    the wings are a fuckin joke.
    About time you realize this B-)