Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Times of Grace album Leak/Matt from Trivium review added.

Comments

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    weird thought, it may or may not be true... but is this project a Christian project, or related to religion in any way?
    Most of the lyrics have to do with keeping faith, uniting, and loving one another.
    and both Adam and Jesse thanked God first thing in the "thank yous"

kinda interesting.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I know that Jesse is extremely religious, not sure about Adam.

Another reason I'm led to believe it is a Christian band is because they are touring with War of Ages and I think a couple other Christian bands. As long as the music's good, let them sing about what they want.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Also, an awesome Christian band is Crush The Enemy. My friend showed me them, because he's hxc Christian, awesome crossover.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Adam always said may god bless you or something like that after every Killswitch set.

Makes sense.

Plus, the whole album was written during his back problems. I'm sure he looked to God to help him through it.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Yeah I noticed that at mayhem. Someyhig along the lines of god bless you all. I thought it was strange since the first thing he did on stage was stick his middle finger in the air and yell "hey bristow! Stick this in in your fucking pipe and smoke it!"
    Maybe I should listen to this Times of Grace album. Someone give me a dl link?

Yeah I noticed that at mayhem. Someyhig along the lines of god bless you all. I thought it was strange since the first thing he did on stage was stick his middle finger in the air and yell "hey bristow! Stick this in in your fucking pipe and smoke it!"
    Just because someone believes in God and appreciates them doesn't mean they can't say any potty words, which some people seem to believe. I personally don't believe, but my hardcore Christian friend is really critical on how to act and whatever. To each his own, as long as it helps people it's not bad.
    Is it out in stores now?

yep came out today
    Just because someone believes in God and appreciates them doesn't mean they can't say any potty words, which some people seem to believe. I personally don't believe, but my hardcore Christian friend is really critical on how to act and whatever. To each his own, as long as it helps people it's not bad.
    was a hardcore "band" at my school that wanted to go CHxC. only member that didnt was the singer so they broke up.
    They got back together though.
    Funny thing is that they dont actually make music. they just say they're a band for attention. lol

and also random, great Christian band to check out is Antestor
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    jesse said its tog are not a christian band

I am a follower of the teachings of Christ, but I am reluctant to align myself with any particular denomination or sect. I find fault with much of the human comprehensions & interpretations of the word of God. I grow weary of the judgmental views of people of faith I also think it is worthy to note I remain open minded to other peoples view points & have learned much from calm discussions. However do not look to me as the shining example of what a "christian" should be. I strive to be righteous but I am a flawed human, just like all of mankind.

I write my music for everyone regardless of what you believe in or what your lifestyle is etc.etc.. So in short what I write for any band I am in, is my view of the world & my experiences. I strive to write with a very broad brush stroke so as to not exclude anyone. This also allows the listener to walk away with their own thoughts and feelings about a song. I find that this is very important as sometimes other peoples interpretation of what I write is much deeper than anything I could have come up with. I would not want to take that away from anyone! To me this is what art is for, expression & individual interpretation. Explaining art can kill art. Again this is just my view on things.

At the end of the day, we all have our own experiences that shape us & gifts we can use to do what we are "called" to do. The last thing I want is for people to put my life under a microscope & judge every word or action I do or say. After all I am just a man. My struggles are my own & not for display to the world. However I know God forgives & loves me & I don't have to prove that to anyone.

Also to make note not everyone involved with Times of Grace is a "christian".

So no, Times of Grace is not a "christian band".

Hope this helps with your thoughts etc.
    Peace & One Love
    Kvlt
  • LeaLea Posts: 1,549 balls deep
    I'm listening now. It's pretty great. =) Live in Love and The Hymn of a Broken Man are my favorites so far I think.
  • 1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
    The whole album is great. I like every single song on it.