Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Times of Grace album Leak/Matt from Trivium review added.

Comments

• AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Trivium are also releasing an album this year and frontman Matt Heafy took some time away from writing to pen a review of Times of Grace's new album. Read that review below!

Alive Or Just Breathing came out May 21, 2002; and since then, its influence can be heard in countless contemporary metal acts from around the world. Killswitch Engage's Roadrunner debut (their second release) was a heavy music game changer; it created a new sound and approach to the way metal music, lyrics, and culture would be interpreted. AOJB went beyond just metal and influenced bands from all genres: contemporary metal and hardcore bands from the US and UK; melodic death metal bands in Scandinavia and Europe (who would have possibly even influenced KSE at one time); some last standing nu metal bands; all the way to punk and emo bands and even some modern rock bands.

It wasn't just the musical sound of Killswitch that all bands started looking to for inspiration; the lyrical style of Jesse Leach has very obviously been copied to endless account by numerous acts spanning more than the aforementioned genres. The social and cultural elements that KSE presented as a band were soon even imitated - from the fashion of the band, to the gear used live or on album, even the stage moves of most of the band members (but there has yet to be a good Adam D impersonation on stage...).

lol this album is just run of the mill metalcore thats been done a thousand times b4

You're missing the point. Jesse-era Killswitch is pretty much what made metalcore what it is today.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited January 2011
    Exactly. That would be like calling Slaughter Of The Soul generic Gothenburg.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    I can't wait to see the videos for the songs.
    Did you also get the CD/DVD?

Hoping mine comes today or tomorrow....fuckin Best Buy.....
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • TehPrince666TehPrince666 Posts: 1,118 salt miner
    edited January 2011
    It really is a great album, and you cant call it just a metalcore album, because it is so much more than that, dude is just a phenomenal singer.
    Did you also get the CD/DVD?

Hoping mine comes today or tomorrow....fuckin Best Buy.....
    yeah i got the cd/dvd. it was 15 bucks at bestbuy i should of just preordered it.
    Live in love is such a good song, I cant stop listening to it, so intense, such soaring highs, and angry lows, LOVE IT!!!
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    .....Shit's legit.....waay better than kse's 2009 st release.....
    What isn't?
    ouch, tr00 tr00....
    Live in love is such a good song, I cant stop listening to it, so intense, such soaring highs, and angry lows, LOVE IT!!!
    Best metal song of the last 24 months.....any subgenre....

edited January 2011
    Makes me want to be at the top of a mountain, with arms spread like a eagle, screaming at the sky, and singing all dramatic like, that better be the music video HA!
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    It would be sick to see them on the bill for Mayhem. Or possibly the Mansfield opener?
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I thought the album was cool..
    I'm no expert on metalcore or KsE or anything for that matter, so don't bash me...but it seemed like it could have just been another KsE album. I guess that isn't fair because I haven't actually listened to an entire KsE album though.
    image Photobucket
    Makes me want to be at the top of a mountain, with arms spread like a eagle, screaming at the sky, and singing all dramatic like, that better be the music video HA!
    I think all of the videos are just footage of nature and whatever (except for Strength In Numbers, which has them as part of the gang or whatever)
    ^ No I feel you, it does sound like kse due to the creative minds behind ToG.....Imo it sounds and feels like highly distilled metalcore....it is flawless metalcore, which is good if you happen to like metalcore.....But it manages to avoid the things that drag most MC bands/albums down.....Last night when I listened to the whole thing front to back, it definitely had a progressive metalcore sound, which imo is what will ultimately save MC as a genre.....
    I think all of the videos are just footage of nature and whatever (except for Strength In Numbers, which has them as part of the gang or whatever)
    devin townsend anyone?
    devin townsend anyone?
    He makes music!
    .....Terria.....(mountain, canada, deep peace) to me this cd has the same vibe in a weird way....
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Album should be good...
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    got it from my friend today

i like it

Jesse's the man
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?