Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mayhem 2011 Rumors

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I hope Megadeth wouldnt get stuck in the 3rd slot. LoG only played for like a half hr. Megadeth needs an hr at least. Disturbed is cool too! wouldn't mind them being there again. fuck godsmack...
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Megadeth is bigger than those two though... at least i consider them to be.
    It'd be BS if they didnt headline
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I consider them bigger too but idk...I'm just glad they'll be on it. I really hope they're in distirbed's supposed spot though
    yea but godsuck and disturbed are more mainstream. i'd rather them just go with 3 mainstage bands and give megadeth time. i never seen megadeth, so i'm kind of excited to hear theyre on it if its true. but i want them to have at least the 2nd slot. or maybe a 2nd stage headliner, but they have to play longer then just 30mins.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Wrong, Disturbed and Godsmack would easily be above them. You gotta think about popularity here not actual talent.
    if anything ONE of them will headline over Megadeth

like Slayer and Manson
    i think megadeth should headline too, but the radiorock fans will come for Disturebed(who i like) and fucking godsmutt(cry like a bitch) cmon...
    Wrong, Disturbed and Godsmack would easily be above them. You gotta think about popularity here not actual talent.
    yea but Megadeth is part of the Big 4. Slayer co-headlined with Manson...

Yeah well Anthrax is part of the big 4 too but that doesn't mean they would get a high spot. Anyways Megadeth played under Slayer.
    I think, sadly, disturbed will be above megadeth. But megadeth still gets a good 40 minutes so that would still be cool. Not as cool as an hour but still...
    Yeah well Anthrax is part of the big 4 too but that doesn't mean they would get a high spot. Anyways Megadeth played under Slayer.
    i guess...
    i guess...
    I'm not talking down about the band, I'm just saying there is no way you could expect to sell out the venues that Mayhem goes to with Megadeth as your headliner. The one Slayer co-headlined I believe was the worst selling year out of the 3.
    i guess...
    I'm not talking down about the band, I'm just saying there is no way you could expect to sell out the venues that Mayhem goes to with Megadeth as your headliner. The one Slayer co-headlined I believe was the worst selling year out of the 3.
    yea... i feel ya bro.
    I guess a mainstage pressence is better than nothing.
    Yeah I'd really like them to be on it. It would probably be my first time seeing megadeth unless the big 4 tour is before mayhem. Mayhem would make sense to be the big announcement though. Timing and all
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    Directly from that WOLVERINEKILLS guy (posted on metalsetlists).

"My friend who gave me the entire line up last year told me about these bands.

I know Megadeth has one conflicting date and the Big 4 tour to work around. Personally, I am not sure they are on it. Then again, Roadrunner Records always has a main stage band and this year it almost has to be Megadeth.

I am very, very confident about Godsmack, Disturbed, and Unearth. I am about 75% certain on Megadeth just for the fact my source is always on the mark with his info.

The others I have named are among dozens that were in negotiations at one point in time.

Megadeth is great and more important to me than Godsmack and Disturbed, but those bands sell more albums and have bigger attendance when you compare concerts. No way will Megadeth headliner over more popular, radio friendly bands.

As for Dimmu, BLS, All That Remains, I am awaiting word on those bands. In my opinion I think Gwar, Lacuna Coil, Lazarus AD, Baptized by Blood have a decent shot at landing at spot on Mayhem.

Just remember that since I was able to let everyone know the line up way in advance last year, they have kept the secret of the line up for 2011 alot better With that said, the information is more difficult to receive and I encourage you to not take the info for this year as a 'fact' just because the info for last year was on the mark. Nothing is official until bands or festival organizers confirm it. Lots of bands receive offers or try to buy a slot on a festival so they can play. Lots of negotiations take place and I am sure alot of promises are broken due to this"
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    Gwar, Lazarus AD, Baptized by Blood

[-O<
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
    when gwar headlines a side stage ill be like....

=D>
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
    Gwar, Lazarus AD, Baptized by Blood

[-O<
    would be sweet
    IF GWAR IS ON MAYHEM THEY WILL HEADLINE A SIDE STAGE :-c
    edited January 2011
    Metalcrusades: Yes it would
    I have high hopes for the side stages. They have potential to be very good this year