Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

UFC on Fox (Official MMA thread)

Comments

• Magson13Magson13 Posts: 1,584 just the tip
    Oh, and One FC is starting in just under eight hours. Internet ppv at 8:30 AM on a Friday? Fucking retarded.... Everyone will be at work. And the people without jobs won't be awake that early. Would make them more money on AXS, letting people record it, so advertisers pay out more....
    Just announced: Erik Koch is injured, Jose Aldo v Frankie Edgar set for UFC 153
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    "If GSP beats Condit, Silva will likely be the next fight at 180 pounds at Cowboys Stadium."- Dana White moments ago on UFC Tonight.
    I'll believe it when I see the two of them standing across from each other in the octagon.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Silva wants GSP win or lose.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Jose Aldo injured, out of UFC 153 headliner. Rampage injured, out of UFC 153 co-main event. New main event for 153: Anderson Silva v Stephan Bonnar at 205 lbs. New co-main event: Glover Teixeira v Fabio Maldonado. Newly announced fight for main card of 153: Bog Nog v Dave Herman.

UFC 153 went from an ok event, to a must-see. Good god.
    Meh. Silva/Bonnar holds zero interest for me.
    It holds no real meaning, and Bonnar stands no chance, but it's gonna be fun to watch.
    Frank Mir has Dontwannagetknockedoutitis, and is out of his fight with Cormier.
    They need to start signing an alternate for every fight, this pulling out of fights bullshit is getting outta hand.
    Ya, definitely. They have the GSP fight covered with Kampmann v Hendricks in the comain slot, so unless both GSP and Condit get hurt, one of them will be defending. That's the only one they have covered right now, though.....

I can see them folding Strikeforce into the UFC (provided Showtime doesn't renew them) so they can get more guys, and have a few more options in terms of replacement fighters.
    Im not even talking about a co-main, I'm thinking more of how Strikeforce already had Cormier tapped as a replacement fighter to fill in the gp if somebody got injured. They should have a 3rd fighter already lined up and in a camp for the fight. That way JDS can train for Cain, but he already knows he also has to be ready for for 'Reem if he is the replacement. The only real downside is to be the 3rd fighter training for a fight that doesn't happen, but that's pretty much what we have now anyway. Just pay the third man x amount to train, and x+y if he fights.
    That's a good idea. And if they didn't end up needing the third guy, they could always give him a fight in the next month month or so
    Exactly, they should be training anyway. It's hard to get excited for fights lately, everytime they get something good booked, somebody gets hurt, drops a dirty sample, or straight up ducks a guy and it doesn't happen. If it makes me wonder if the ppv will be worth it, I can only imagine how people who pay for tickets must feel after they drop $1,000 on tix and get a shitty replacement fight.
    Same here. I've stopped letting myself get too hyped up for a fight, until the Monday right before. I feel bad for the people who buy tickets, but if they're putting up $1000 for one ticket, they have a nice bank account to comfort them if the card gets mangled......... lol
    Rumors are circling the internet that with no one willing to step up to face Cormier, and Rockhold out with an injury, the Nov 3rd card may be getting cancelled, and Strikeforce may shut down altogether.
    At this point they may as well pull the plug. Curious to what will happen with the women's division though.
    Ya, the womens' divisons are up in the air.... Dana is all over Rousey, I can't just see him letting her go. Especially not with Cyborg returning in a couple months. But the lack of depth in the divisions is still an issue, which is why they were never in the UFC to begin with....
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    With Dana sucking Rousey's clit, we will most likely be getting WMMA in the UFC.

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    any one have a good stream for tonight?