Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

UFC on Fox (Official MMA thread)

Comments

• Magson13Magson13 Posts: 1,584 just the tip
    January 26th on Fox: Johnson v Dodson, Rampage v Teixeira, Pettis v Cerrone. They're really working hard on these Fox cards.... They're better than most ppvs lately lol

Oh and, with this card becoming official, the only dates left for the Strikeforce card are Jan 5th or 12th..... So whichever of those is the free weekend they usually do in January, then that'll be the next Strikeforce event. And they're talking about stacking that card. Can't wait to hear what fights actually make it on there....
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    No Heavies = ghey.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    I like the lighter guys too, they're more technical. And my size :-S
    Magson13 said:

I like the lighter guys too, they're more technical. And my size :-S

They have some good fights, but generally speaking the smaller they are the less I care. Under 145 just doesn't do much for me. How much do you weigh? I was down to ww, but I'm back up to being a mw.
    I could cut down to 135, possibly down to 125 if I had a good nutritionist helping. So it's just more interesting to me, seeing guys that are that size, getting their time to shine :)

The Fox 6 card has Rampage v Teixeira, they're pretty big, and will hopefully be Rampage's first exciting fight in years..... lol
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    inb4 Rampage gets injured again

Damn dude... Here, have one of these.

Rampage used to be so exciting to watch... but that was years ago. Pride slams or 'Page can GTFO. I'm really looking forward to the Rory/BJ fight, other than that the heavier divisions just have more interesting fights, if they ever get around to booking the matches people want.

Yup, waiting on you, Ubereem.

:-w
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    RONDA ROUSEY Becomes 1st Female Fighter to Join UFC

Ronda Rousey just made MMA history ... becoming the very first female fighter to join the UFC ... TMZ has learned.

Rousey -- a former U.S. Olympian -- has officially joined Dana White's MMA organization ... and automatically becomes the 135 lb women's champion.

We're told 25-year-old Ronda will defend her title in 2013 -- possible opponents include Sara McMann, Cris Cyborg and rival Miesha Tate.

Rousey has been fighting in Strikeforce since last year and emerged as a superstar ... beating the living crap out of just about everybody she's faced. In fact, she's undefeated.

And there's more ... sources say Strikeforce, which airs on Showtime, will be running its last event in January before folding up shop for good.

A rep for Strikeforce had no comment.

It's a pretty crazy turn of events -- considering last year, Dana told TMZ women would "NEVER" fight in the UFC.

I eat 4000 calories a day, thankyouverymuch >:P

Ubereem 8-> I can't wait for him to wreck JDS. I've been waiting on him to become UFC champ for a few years now

Well, that makes it official that Strikeforce is over. They're gonna crank out their last event January 12th, and then fold in. No way will Showtime want them after this lol. And now it makes sense why Cormier is fighting Dion Staring that night, they didn't want to pay someone like Mir a lot of money....

Speaking of the January 12th Strikeforce event..... It's gonna be Rockhold v Larkin, Marquardt v Saffeidine, Melendez v Healy, and Cormier v Staring. I'm expecting all four champs to win, then only one, MAYBE two, will actually get a UFC title shot in 2013
    About time they put the final nail in the coffin for Strikeforce.
    The Henderson/Diaz card is pretty stacked.
    Shoving vs Gusto
    BJ vs Rory
    Swick vs Matt Brown.

Damn.
    Yep, it's a really good card. And I'm gonna have to DVR it /: I'm interested to see how Swick does, whether he got lucky last fight, or he's really still a top-level fighter.
    I was surprised to see Cung Le come into that fight as a 4:1 underdog.... He's an incredible striker, and incredible strikers do things like that to people.....
    Hendo's knee isn't fully healed, they're not sure if he's going to be bale to fight on 156..... The good news though, Overeem v Bigfoot is happening on 156 :D
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    this fad hasnt passed yet?
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    These injuries are hurting the cards so badly. We won't be seeing Nelson vs Carwin now because Carwin's hurt...again. Also Maynard is injured, so he can't fight Lauzon, but Jim Miller stepped in, so it will still be a good fight.

Ya, injuries are getting crazy lately. Occassionally it works out, though. Like Miller replacing Maynard, that actually improves the card, imo lol
    Magson13 said:

The good news though, Overeem v Bigfoot is happening on 156 :D

'roid fight!