Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

UFC on Fox (Official MMA thread)

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    edited August 2016
    Yeah his striking is dada level. 
    Post edited by Rex_Capone420 on
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Next The Rock and Undertaker bout to get fights in the UFC

that picture looks like slap if you told him he was fighting in the UFC and they needed a pic. Wtf is he doing with his hands?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    "Hey Punk hold up your hands in a fighting stance"

"Um...l-l-like this?"
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    The only one that's going to be laughing at the end is Punk. All the way to the bank. 
    He's taking what's probably a major pay cut to get his ass beat :|
    If you think he's walking out with anything less than 7 figures to probably get KO'd you're an idiot. This is strictly a business move from both sides. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    So, what? He gets KOed for a mill and never enters the octagon again?

Should've stayed in wrasslin. He was probably making 7 figures before he left
    edited August 2016
    I mean it's possible he gets 7 figures but I'd be surprised. id be shocked if this UFC does 600k buys. And he's not getting PPv points. The only fighters to even break 500k buys the last 3 years are jones, Weidman, silva, GSP, mcgregor and rousey. I'd expect it to be more like 500k flat.  and if it doesn't get 500k buys which wouldn't be a surprise with the card then anything more than a 500k payday is disgusting. 
    LEGEND said:
    So, what? He gets KOed for a mill and never enters the octagon again?

Well, I mean.. Dana didn't have to offer him a deal lol. Why would he turn the opportunity down. He knows he isn't making a career out of this. But he'll certainly get paid handsomely to do it. 
    Like he's not even a draw. If anything this cm punk show is making people less interested in people wanting to see him. It's possible you get a one time cash out suckering all wrestling fans but I even doubt that. If they wanted that they would have announced they signed him 6 months ago. He signed almost 2 years ago. I doubt anyone gives a shit. 
    edited August 2016
    dranyam said:
    Like he's not even a draw. If anything this cm punk show is making people less interested in people wanting to see him. It's possible you get a one time cash out suckering all wrestling fans but I even doubt that. If they wanted that they would have announced they signed him 6 months ago. He signed almost 2 years ago. I doubt anyone gives a shit. 
    No publicity is bad publicity, and you're severely underestimating the wrestling fans that are inereated in this simply just for Punk. I know quite a few people are buying their first and probably only UFC ppv's. 
    LEGEND said:

Should've stayed in wrasslin. He was probably making 7 figures before he left
    He was making 840 grand a month on his last WWE deal not including merchandising and ppv revenue. That's a shit ton of money. His reasons for leaving were pretty respectable.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    dranyam said:
    You are wake level in this thread the last couple weeks. 
    dranyam said:
    You are wake level in this thread the last couple weeks. 
    This thread? Last couple of weeks? Lol. 
    I seriously hope Punk somehow pulls out a W. The meltdown of the MMA community is going to be something of epic proportions. 
    edited August 2016
    I said it's possible that the wrestling crowd gives it a one time boost. But we're two weeks out and the buzz is pretty much dead at this current moment.

for the record I'm kinda rooting for him just because It takes serious balls to want to do what he's trying to do. 
    Alright, I'm done trolling for the night. Gotta head out to the bar crawl. 
    Anyone watching Henderson/Pitbull?