Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    I wanted songs like The Lotus Eater. But I am very interested to see how this plays out.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    I will like this album more than their others, I can see it now.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Chimaira's new album will be called The Age of Hell, here's a song from it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=D-P0p6KVAiQ#at=15
    Not great quality
    Any word on when it will be done?
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    More info on new Opeth album

-The album was played to journalists in 5.1 surround sound

-NO death metal or growling

-Some bands or styles the album reminded the journalist of: Sabbath, Beatles, jazz, King Crimson, Cream, Rainbow, Floyd, funk, Purple, Piirpauke, classical music, My Dying Bride, folk, Love, Jethro Tull, Maiden…

-Mikael said that he's been bored of death metal since 90's and its time is over for Opeth, and he's wanted to do this kind of album since when he was 20

I'm a little disappointed with the ommission of Death Metal, but it'll still be good.
    Good for him. Nice to know he got bored of DM right when it was picking up. Fail.
    Anyway, I expect the new album to be great
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers

-Some bands or styles the album reminded the journalist of: Sabbath, Beatles, jazz, King Crimson, Cream, Rainbow, Floyd, funk, Purple, Piirpauke, classical music, My Dying Bride, folk, Love, Jethro Tull, Maiden…

-Mikael said that he's been bored of death metal since 90's and its time is over for Opeth, and he's wanted to do this kind of album since when he was 20

I'm a little disappointed with the ommission of Death Metal, but it'll still be good.
    Good for him. Nice to know he got bored of DM right when it was picking up. Fail.
    *cough*you're a dumbass*cough*
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    ill give it a shot but it sounds pretty dumb

*cough*you're a dumbass*cough*
    You just mad cuz I insulted him
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    here's 311's new single for their upcoming album "Universal Pulse" if anybody's interested, which I doubt there are many of you.

Sunset In July...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgBkhNyhdL0
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    here's 311's new single for their upcoming album "Universal Pulse" if anybody's interested, which I doubt there are many of you.

Sunset In July...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgBkhNyhdL0
    That sounds pretty good. The album is coming out july 19th
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    edited June 2011
    No growls in the new Opeth? Interesting.

And yeah, I'm not surprised that it actually sounds like The Beatles/PF/Jethro Tull given the artwork.
    I love winning with women
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i remember when SOAD said theyre new album was gonna sound all over the place and included the beatles of bands it sounds like, the album came out (mezmerize i think) and was nothing like the beatles so we will see...
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy

hmm... my fav Opeth is the heavier Blackwater Park, Morningrise, My Arms Your Hearse stuff too... am still insterested though

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    i remember when SOAD said theyre new album was gonna sound all over the place and included the beatles of bands it sounds like, the album came out (mezmerize i think) and was nothing like the beatles so we will see...
    the beatles were al over the place throughout their career in terms of sound. like they sounded like poppy classic rock to depressing slow folk to straightup hippy stuff so when a band says something about sounding like the beatles i could be anything

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uwn5lbKaIc

You can hear a snipet of a new Megadeth song, Never Dead, in this video game trailer thing. It sounds pretty good.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited June 2011
    Santana <_>
    Nola <_>
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uwn5lbKaIc

You can hear a snipet of a new Megadeth song, Never Dead, in this video game trailer thing. It sounds pretty good.
    The solo near the end =P~ Typical Chris Broderick \m/
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Not great quality
    The album is officially complete...no idea on the release date though

image Photobucket
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Not great quality
    The album is officially complete...no idea on the release date though

Some time in august is what i've heard.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Stoked for the new Morbid Angel.

SICK CREW.
    TOO EXTREME!
    KILL A COP COP KILL A KILL A COP COP.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG