Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Math is hard. :P
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I didn't actually read the post. I just saw the tracklisting and pretty artwork.
    I love winning with women
    Oh....

Change my statement to reading is hard...... [-X
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Fuck you, J. Reading sucks.
    I love winning with women
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Raleigh, North Carolina-based progressive rock/cutting-edge metal band BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME will release its new album, "The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues", on April 12 via Metal Blade Records. The three-song, 30-minute tour de force was recorded at Canada's Metalworks Studios and Rattlebox Studios and helmed by the Grammy award–winning producer David Bottrill (TOOL, MUSE, KING CRIMSON, DREAM THEATER).

"The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues" represents BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME's musical and conceptual masterwork; the record showcases both the quintet's vivid execution and ambitious vision. The otherworldly conceptual thread linking each of the songs is mobilized around two human characters that live in different planes of existence and are separated by millions of light years, each confronted with similar personal issues. Subsequently, both characters make decisions that will change their lives, and perhaps the course of the universe, forever. Musically, the release presents aura-rich atmospheres rife with roaring volumes, corrugated rhythms and trance-inducing intricacies. Cerebral and visceral, soft and heavy, melodic and abrasive, tender and brutal, familiar and strange and taut yet sprawling and epic, BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME has crafted a sound that is musically sophisticated yet primal and a disc where every new passage leads to the culmination of an epic adventure.

"The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues" track listing:

01. Specular Reflection
    02. Augment of Rebirth
    03. Lunar Wilderness

FUCK YEAH!
    \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    Whitechapel = Epitome of shit.
    yup....
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    No, in my opinion they are the worst band that has ever existed, I can't think of any band that has ever existed that does anything worse than they do.
    emmure,tdwp, and bmth are all equally as bad imo
    Emmure's new disc is actually very listenable.....sounds closer to AILD and such, more so than true shit deathcore.... give it a chance...

• Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    One week until the new Children of Bodom and two weeks until the new Rise Against.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    The New COB came out in japan today so it should leak before 2morrow.
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    New Bodom will have a cover of Eddie Muprhy's "Party All The Time"

Can't fucking wait. Hahahaha
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    New Bodom will have a cover of Eddie Muprhy's "Party All The Time"

Can't fucking wait. Hahahaha
    I HOPE ITS BETTER THEN BLOODDRUNK

I WAS NOT REALLY THRILLED WITH IT

Reunited grunge legends SOUNDGARDEN will enter a Seattle-area studio in about a week with producer Adam Kasper (who worked on SOUNDGARDEN's last LP, 1996's "Down On The Upside") to begin recording their new album.

The quartet — singer Chris Cornell, guitarist Kim Thayil, drummer Matt Cameron, and bassist Ben Shepherd — plans to spend as long as necessary to "make an album that we all really love," Cornell tells Spin.com. "We don't have a schedule," he adds. "It's not like we are going to go into the studio and come out when we're finished with an album."

"We're putting the music first," Cornell explains. "The process of writing, recording, and being creative together is the most important thing, not meeting a deadline."
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Faroese Viking metallers TÝR have completed work on their sixth full-length album for a tentative late spring/early summer release via Napalm Records.

Several webisodes featuring behind-the-scenes footage from the studio can be viewed below.

TÝR's last album, "By the Light of the Northern Star", was released on May 29, 2009 in Europe via Napalm Records. The CD was recorded in early 2009 on the band's native soil. Jacob Hansen mixed the material and finishing touches were provided by the mastering experts at Finnvox.

On "By the Light of the Northern Star" the Faroese band delivered catchy yet technically brilliant tracks, and once again demonstrated how to impressively unite the contemporary present with the mythological past. Traditional homeland melodies, Viking choruses, and classic heavy metal songs, such as "Hold the Heathen Hammer High" or even the title track, offered fans new and powerful hymns. Responsible for the brilliance of this "Northern Star" was once again frontman and mastermind Heri Joensen, who provided an undisputed
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    so the new As Blood Runs Black comes out March 15... prob old news, but still
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    yep, i already have my copy pre-ordered :-D
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    yep, i already have my copy pre-ordered :-D
    im not gonna pre-order it. but i'll prob pick it up if its good.
    ABRB is one of the few deathcore bands i enjoy. lol
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?