Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Machine Head are slated to enter the recording studio in April to begin work on the follow up to their critically acclaimed 2007 release 'The Blackening'.

Machine Head frontman Robb Flynn recently told Metal Hammer, "So far we have two songs done, 'This Is The End' and 'Who We Are'. We have a third getting there, and six or seven jams that aren't songs yet.

"It's too early to see what direction it's headed, but the two that are done are anthemic, riff-tastic, and have an epic, neo-classical kind of vibe. Lyrically, songs are angry but about struggle.

"Don't expect 'The Blackening 2'; we're moving forward."

Christ, I'd be surprised if the album is done by the end of the year at the rate they work....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    no shit. I thought they'd be a little further along than that. What the hell have they been doing for 4 years?
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    When it comes to Deathcore, I think JFAC, ASP, and Here Comes the Kraken are tolerable. That's it.
    i actually liked the last JFAC album, Are they Deathcore?
    Well their EP, Doom, is what really popularized the genre. I actually like this release because it's what gotme into the extreme Metal world.With their dbut album, Genesis, you could see them kind of going away from the Deathcore sound, but it wasn't not Deathcore. Ruination, I belive is just straight up Death Metal.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Whitechapel = Epitome of shit.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Whitechapel = Epitome of shit.
    is that the name of their album?
    No, in my opinion they are the worst band that has ever existed, I can't think of any band that has ever existed that does anything worse than they do.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    When it comes to Deathcore, I think JFAC, ASP, and Here Comes the Kraken are tolerable. That's it.
    i actually liked the last JFAC album, Are they Deathcore?
    Well their EP, Doom, is what really popularized the genre. I actually like this release because it's what gotme into the extreme Metal world.With their dbut album, Genesis, you could see them kind of going away from the Deathcore sound, but it wasn't not Deathcore. Ruination, I belive is just straight up Death Metal.
    their demo was more metalcore, their EP was straight up deathcore. Their last two, definetly have made a shift towards a more death metal sound, and less deathcore sound. however, they still have somewhat of a deathcore sound still...

and another deathcore band i think is ok is As Blood Runs Black.

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Machine Head are slated to enter the recording studio in April to begin work on the follow up to their critically acclaimed 2007 release 'The Blackening'.

Machine Head frontman Robb Flynn recently told Metal Hammer, "So far we have two songs done, 'This Is The End' and 'Who We Are'. We have a third getting there, and six or seven jams that aren't songs yet.

"It's too early to see what direction it's headed, but the two that are done are anthemic, riff-tastic, and have an epic, neo-classical kind of vibe. Lyrically, songs are angry but about struggle.

Christ, I'd be surprised if the album is done by the end of the year at the rate they work....
    Yeah it sounds like they're moving extremely slow. I doubt it will be out this year tbh
    edited February 2011
    If they're not done by Mayhem it's not getting out until 2012.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    No, in my opinion they are the worst band that has ever existed, I can't think of any band that has ever existed that does anything worse than they do.
    emmure,tdwp, and bmth are all equally as bad imo
    emmure,tdwp, and bmth are all equally as bad imo
    But at least they make me laugh.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    you wouldnt laugh if u saw them live and had to sit with there fans for a whole night. i was seriously close to mass murder, no joke
    :( Poor thing, I hope no one ever has to suffer such a fate ever again.

Yeah it sounds like they're moving extremely slow. I doubt it will be out this year tbh
    "Dont expect 'The Blackening 2'" :-(
    it better still melt my face off
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Damn Machine Head hurry up i want that new album.
    Why would you want The Blackening 2? It's just not right as a musician to rehash ideas. <_>
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i love a lot of deathcore bands. All Shall Perish, Whitechapel, Winds of Plague, Within The Ruins, Job For A Cowboy, As Blood Runs Black, Veil of Maya, Suffokate, Impending Doom, and many more. say what you want about metalcore and deathcore but metalcore got me listening to deathcore, and deathcore is getting me to listen to death metal. i probably would've gotten into death metal a long time ago, but back in the day i was pretty ignorant torwards most of metals sub genres and i thought bands like Cannibal Corpse were death metal, and i dont like bands like them. i didnt realize till later after listening to Meshuggah and other technical death metal bands like them, and certain death metal bands that i was listening to (and liking) death metal lol, and the bands like cannibal corpse are actually grindcore (more extreme and brutal).
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    Cannibal Corpse is death metal... "brutal" death metal. other examples include Suffocation, and Deicide.

the more Grindcore stuff is more like Napalm Death, Insect Warfare, and Morgue Supplier. Still the heavy/ brutal death metal stuff, but more fast, sloppy, and noise filled.

and you better like the band Death
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    cannibal corpse are actually grindcore (more extreme and brutal).
    :O
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    edited February 2011
    for skullandcrossbones, since your interested in listening to more genres

http://www.mapofmetal.com/#/home