Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Not better than Countdown and definitely not better than Killing is my Business
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Maybe not better than KIB. I admittedly may have jumped the gun on that one. But imo better than Countdown. Tbh I'm not that big a fan of Countdown. 
    Countdown to me just felt like Dave was like "Hey Metallica just had a stripped down generic radio metal album. Let's do that." I can honestly say there are 3 songs I think are top tier Megadeth tracks on that album (Symphony Of Destruction, Skin O My Teeth and Foreclosure Of A Dream) everything is else is pretty meh. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    Dime said:
    Countdown to me just felt like Dave was like "Hey Metallica just had a stripped down generic radio metal album. Let's do that." I can honestly say there are 3 songs I think are top tier Megadeth tracks on that album (Symphony Of Destruction, Skin O My Teeth and Foreclosure Of A Dream) everything is else is pretty meh. 
    Psychotron, and Sweating Bullets 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Tbh it's easier to criticize the black album and countdown now. Both came out in an odd period of music between when the hair metal bands started od'ing and/or breaking up and when the grunge bands started taking over. The second time I saw Megadeth, they had Stone Temple Pilots opening. A lot of bands were really confused as to what direction to head in at that time. I don't know how many of you have listened to albums like 'Art of Rebellion' by Suicidal Tendencies or 'Force of Habit' by Exodus, but you can hear the same sort of "where do we go from here?" meandering. People romanticize the Headbangers Ball era, but that show played a lot of dinosaur rock like Aerosmith and Def Leppard. You were really lucky if you got some Testament or Danzig or Pantera in there. Death Metal was almost non-existant. The culture was different. People weren't as open to extreme music. I wasn't really averse to Black and Countdown back then. For all its flaws, at least the Black Album retains the tone of old Metallica. That, and James didn't sing like a twat back then. The Load albums and Cryptic Writings were really what killed Metallica and Megadeth for me. I never really loved or hated Countdown or Youthanasia, I just thought they were kinda boring and stupid ('High Speed Dirt'). What makes those albums by both bands suck now is that you see the influence they ended up having on some really shitty bands. Load pretty much wrote the book for bluesy faketuff wrestler rock. It was music for people that liked Pearl Jam, but wished they weren't such pussies. Megadeth were stupid for trying to go that route at all because they saddled themselves with that name. Trying to get on prime time MTV back then with a name like that was kinda like trying to get a job with facial tattoos. That, and Dace's vocal delivery doesn't lend itself well to pop rock. They should've stuck to their guns like Slayer did. People complain now about Slayer putting out similar albums now, and that's fair to a certain extent, but at least they were still themselves and not trying to be something someone else wanted of them. It also doesn't hurt that for their style, Slayer aren't bad songwriters. Metallica and Megadeth in the 90s was a lot like watching a talented athlete playing out of position, like Tom Brady trying to play wide receiver or Shaquille O'Neal playing point guard. Now Metallica have swam so far from what they were that they can't seem to find their way back while Megadeth come across like recent Schwarzenegger where you want something badass but instead get Just for Men and Botox
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,665 spicy boy
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    Sweating bullets >>
    Dime said:
    Psychotron, and Sweating Bullets 
     Sweating Bullets is a given. 
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Glassjaw have a new album coming next year, and the drummer from Dillinger is joining them
    inb4lists
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Which drummer?
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Billy Rymer
    inb4lists
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Pallbearer's third album is titled Heartless, to be released in late March.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Havok have announced that they will be releasing their new studio album, entitled "Conformicide," on March 10th, 2017.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy

1. I Saw the End
    2. Thorns
    3. Lie of Survival
    4. Dancing in Madness
    5. Cruel Road
    6. Heartless
    7. A Plea for Understanding
    I love winning with women
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    Apparently they said it was proggy. no me gusta
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    if what they played live on the baroness tour is on here, im hopeful itll be even better than foundations of burden
    I love winning with women
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    The press release was pretty cringey. I'm guessing this will be their "we're not just a metal band we can rock for hipsters too" album like Y&G for baroness