Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Between The Buried And Me will enter the studio this spring to begin recording their next album. As you may have noticed last month via BTBAM's Facebook page, the group recently began writing material for said album.

Production will commence in May, once again with producer/engineer Jamie King at The Basement Recording in Winston-Salem, NC. Speaking in a new interview, King commented on working with BTBAM again:

"We've been working together so long that it's like family getting together for a project. Just like hangin out with friends and making music as it should be. It's always enjoyable with then as they are great people and great players. Just a little stressful for me as I don't want to let them down and the stakes are getting higher and higher with those guys. Stuff needs to get better and better so it pushes me to keep improving my skills and gear."
    I love winning with women
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    New BTBAM! \m/
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    New BTBAM! \m/
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    New BTBAM! \m/
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    New BTBAM and Horseback! \m/
    I love winning with women
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Hmmmmmm, might have to give this a listen :-?
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Ann Arbor, Michigan hard rock band TAPROOT will release its new album, "The Episodes", on April 10 via Victory Records. The CD was produced by Tim Palatan, who previously worked with the group on 2010's "Plead The Fifth".
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    U.K. atmospheric rock band ANATHEMA will release its new album, "Weather Systems", on April 24 via The End Records. The follow-up to 2010's "We're Here Because We're Here" was recorded in Liverpool, North Wales and Oslo, each place significant to ANATHEMA past, present and future. The record was produced and mastered by Christer-André Cederberg (ANIMAL ALPHA, IN THE WOODS..., DRAWN), whom ANATHEMA's Daniel Cavanagh has described as "a revelation. His calmness and brilliance has helped to bring about the greatest inter-band chemistry that ANATHEMA have experienced together in their career."

The bar for "Weather Systems" has been set pretty high, but Daniel Cavanagh is certain that the album will exceed these lofty expectations, stating, "it feels like we are at a creative peak right now, and this album reflects that. Everything from the production to the writing to the performances are a step up from our last album."

He continues, "This is not background music for parties. The music is written to deeply move the listener, to uplift or take the listener to the coldest depths of the soul."

The intertwining melodic structures of these profoundly beautiful songs are intensely powerful, yet simple. These are songs that will transport the listener closer to the heart of life, that is to say, to the heart of themselves.

It is also an album of polarity. The play of opposites; light and shade, birth and death, love and fear. The simple truths of life and loss, hope and strength and darker internal themes are all explored here.

ANATHEMA's career stretches back to 1990 when the band formed in Liverpool. Since then the band has embarked on a remarkable musical journey, initially emerging as pioneers of melodic heavy music and continually evolving over the ensuing years, always remaining true to their original goal of creating forward thinking, meaningful, passionate and honest music.

"Weather Systems" will please fans who call for more of Lee Douglas' vocals, as her role within ANATHEMA's brand of alternative, melodic rock has matured to become an integral energy. In this way and more, "Weather Systems" is the sound of a band finding their voice and growing in stature, moving further along their artistic path with a truly stunning musical vision.

Their best ever work? "Not yet," says Daniel, but he does believe that with "Weather Systems" they have surpassed previous glories. "We are pleased and proud of the record and we feel that, alongside the best moments of 'We're Here Because We're Here', this record contains our very best work so far in what is becoming a long career."

"Weather Systems" track listing:

01. Untouchable, Part 1
    02. Untouchable, Part 2
    03. The Gathering Of The Clouds
    04. Lightning Song
    05. Sunlight
    06. The Storm Before The Calm
    07. The Beginning And The End
    08. The Lost Child
    09. Internal Landscapes

Suhweeet!
    Full album artwork for the new Kreator:

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Sick \m/
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    On February 10 at 1:00 p.m., I was fortunate to talk with legendary NOLA metal musician and current Down drummer, Jimmy Bower. Down finished mixing its fourth record the previous night, and Jimmy was happy to give me the skinny on how the record sounded and the concept of the record. The new record is scheduled for a May release, coinciding with the band’s performance at Rock on the Range in Columbus, Ohio. It was obvious from our chat that metal heads will not be disappointed with the record.

Target Audience: When’s the new Down record coming out?

Jim Bower: We finished last night (February 9 at time of interview) with the mixing and everything. So, all we have to do now is get it mastered and the artwork is all done. So I think maybe early May. It takes a while to get everything together; it took us a little longer with the recording process so it’s done. We finished it last night. It sounds killer.

TA: What’s it sound like compared to your previous albums?

JB: We went for a really raw sound and went back to NOLA. The songs are really Sabbathed-out. I’m really happy the way it came out. It’s really aggressive and raw. All them rock n’ roll adjectives in there bro. It’s doomy!

TA: Any songs similar to “Stone the Crow” or “Jail” or is it pretty much an all-out blitz?

JB: No, the idea is we’re doing four EPs and the first one is pretty much cut-throat. The third one is supposed to be the acoustic one. But we’re releasing four EPs within the next year and a half. They all coincide with one theme. Like the artwork and everything. It’s like a big story.

TA: Like a concept record?

JB: Exactly. A concept with 4 EPs.

TA: What’s the theme? Is there a backstory?

JB: No. Well, it’s kind of like end of the world kind of shit. Just the times we’re in. it reflects on how humanity is going apeshit. As far as concepts I don’t know.

TA: What’s the name of the record?

JB: Down IV, I think. I saw the artwork last night. There wasn’t an album title or anything. The artwork looks great.

TA: What’s the picture of? What’s the cover?

JB: I’m not gonna say anything man. Pepper usually does all the artwork; he does a really good job.

TA: Pepper is a good artist?

JB: Yeah he does all the artwork for Down.

TA: I didn’t know that and I’m a COC fan.

JB: He did all the artwork for those records he was on as well.

TA: From Blind on? That’s excellent. So how have the shows been?

JB: They’ve been good. We haven’t been playing much. We’ve been pretty much busy with the recording process. But we have a festival in Ohio (Rock On The Range) and we’re going to do a couple of shows around that. We’re pretty much waiting for the release so we can get out and start working a little harder.

TA: When the new record comes out, are you going to do a national or world tour?

JB: Yeah. Probably start in the U.S. and work our way to Europe, and hopefully go to Japan and Australia, and hopefully back to South America.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    DAmnnnnnnnn that alll sounds badass \m/ \m/ \m/
    "The Beginning And The End", a brand new song from the U.K. atmospheric rock band ANATHEMA, is available for free download at this location (e-mail sign-up required). The track comes off the group's new album, "Weather Systems", which will be released on April 24 via The End Records. The follow-up to 2010's "We're Here Because We're Here" was recorded in Liverpool, North Wales and Oslo, each place significant to ANATHEMA past, present and future. The record was produced and mastered by Christer-André Cederberg (ANIMAL ALPHA, IN THE WOODS..., DRAWN), whom ANATHEMA's Daniel Cavanagh has described as "a revelation. His calmness and brilliance has helped to bring about the greatest inter-band chemistry that ANATHEMA have experienced together in their career."

Go here and click on the link in the article to get the download:
    http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=169851
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited February 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCC3nRo_oSw&feature=relmfu

new graveyard coming out soon
    Wut

Hinsingen Blues came out last year
    image Photobucket
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited February 2012
    That video even came out last year lol
    For a second I thought maybe it was a US release thing
    image Photobucket
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    edited February 2012
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html