Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• DreamtheaterDreamtheater Posts: 1,088 just the tip
    newest snippet from Dream Theater's A Dramatic Turn of Events
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=czSgnaNhv7Q
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    There have been rumblings and rumors. New music, you say? Come to TomWaits.com on Tuesday August 23rd, and Mr. Waits himself will set the record straight.

Have you been keeping up with his new releases?
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i have every cd hes ever put out including glitter and doom live and orphans which ws his last two releases
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    just listened to new Mastodon song... its different, but not bad.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    i have every cd hes ever put out including glitter and doom live and orphans which ws his last two releases
    I've honestly only listened to four of his albums, and they are all from when he was I guess in his prime, but I've heard he still puts out consistently good albums. My favorite is Small Change.
    I've honestly only listened to four of his albums, and they are all from when he was I guess in his prime, but I've heard he still puts out consistently good albums. My favorite is Small Change.

IMO the best part of tom is he doesnt have a "prime" , all his albums have had amazing tacks on them....the ones that are skppable is foreign affairs and real gone imo....jorm i highley suggest the orphans boxset, its seriosuly some amazing stuff on there that is so far beyond any artist ive ever heard
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Al Jourgensen Confirms New Ministry Album, "Relapse"

Ministry frontman Al Jourgensen was recently interviewed by British metal publication Metal Hammer, during which, he revealed why he decided to bring Ministry back from retirement after three years, as well as some revelations regarding a new album from the group. An excerpt from the interview reads as follows:

So how did the resurrection of Ministry come about?

“While I was working on [the Buck Satan record], me and Mike Scaccia from Rigor Mortis fucked around to pass the time and we had like, 5,6,7 songs and I didn’t really want to do anything with them but Mikey was like, “dude these songs are awesome.” They weren’t country, they were more like Ministry. So he’s coming by in September and Tommy Victor’s coming by in October with Tony Campos and we’re gona finish up and put out another Ministry album by Christmas called ‘Relapse.’”

Interesting title for a record…

“Well, I’m clean living but it’s like I’m relapsing back into the world of Ministry.”

So what are your immediate plans for touring?

“The doctors told me to keep it light so we’re doing four shows in the States next June. The Nokia theatre in LA, the Vic theatre in Chicago – we’ll add second shows if those sell out – Denver at the Ogden Theatre, and one night at the Nokia theatre in New York and that’s our whole American tour. That’s it. And then we go to Europe and I’m gonna do a couple of festivals and club shows. We’re gona do a limited tour, it’ll be like 5/6 weeks. Maybe 20, 21 shows and just see how it works.”

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=70925
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Vic theatre in Chicago
    :D
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Chicago trio Russian Circles return with not only their fourth and heaviest album to date — but also with Empros they're poised to take the crown as innovators reinvigorating the staid trappings of genre. Empros picks up where the anthemic riffs and melodies of 2009's Geneva left off and injects evermore slithering rhythms amid skull-crushing heft with all the visceral intensity of Godflesh, Swans and Neurosis. Put simply, Empros is Russian Circles' Master of Reality: a radical revision of both heavy and melody that is monolithic in its clarity and perfection. Or, like a lone surviving wooly beast emerging from a brutal winter's frost, Empros is the sound of a band shaking the ages from its shoulders with all the brutal force of a behemoth awakened.

Taking to Chicago's Phantom Manor studio once again with producer Brandon Curtis of The Secret Machines and Interpol — who also helmed the band's previous album Geneva — Russian Circles set out to experiment with their sound in new ways that would still reflect their live sound. In so doing, the band reached a new creative apex in which each of the musicians, guitarist Mike Sullivan, drummer Dave Turncrantz and bassist Brian Cook impart a streamlined and intensified attack to their songs that pummels even as it shifts throughout a range of moods and tempos.

Empros is Russian Circles' first full-length to be released worldwide exclusively via Sargent House, the band's longtime management company and record label that had previously released only the vinyl editions of its three prior albums. It will be available everywhere on LP, CD and Digital Download on October 25th, 2011.

Empros track listing:

01. 309
    02. Mladek
    03. Schipol
    04. Atackla
    05. Batu
    06. Praise Be Man
    I love winning with women

IMO the best part of tom is he doesnt have a "prime" , all his albums have had amazing tacks on them....the ones that are skppable is foreign affairs and real gone imo....jorm i highley suggest the orphans boxset, its seriosuly some amazing stuff on there that is so far beyond any artist ive ever heard
    They have that box set at my local record shop. I do like his more moody and jazzy stuff more than experimental stuff like Rain Dogs, but that had great songs as well.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    According to the official web site of METALLICA's project with legendary singer and former VELVET UNDERGROUND frontman Lou Reed, the musicians' collaborative album will be released on November 1 in North America and one day earlier (October 31) in the rest of the world.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    lawl...

Job For A Cowboy is currently hard at work on their next full-length album. The band began to demo new material in late-July, a process which is nearly complete. Commenting on the new material, the band recently had the following to say:

"Don't worry, we aren't going to throw a nu-metal curve ball. Also, we are going to have an 8 minute instrumental track of just 'bree's' to make all the younger kids shutup."

A spring 2012 release via Metal Blade Records is expected.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Hahaha!

Can't wait for it though.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    New Warbringer song. I dig it, aside from the Killing Fields intro

http://www.guitarworld.com/exclusive-warbringer-premiere-new-song-shattered-glass
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Mystery solved: “Bad As Me,” Tom Waits’ brand new single just hit iTunes along with a few key details on his forthcoming follow-up to Real Gone. As it turns out, the rumors were true: said single is, in fact, the title track to a 13-song album due out on October 25th. In addition to the standard LP, which opens with a tune called “Chicago” and closes with “New Year’s Eve,” a deluxe edition features bonus cuts “She Stole the Blush,” “Tell Me,” and “After You Die.” Both versions are now available to pre-order, while the “Bad As Me” single can be purchased/previewed right now.

Check out a new promo pic above and full Bad As Me tracklist below, as well as a small glimpse at the cover art.

Bad As Me

01 “Chicago”
    02 “Raised Right Men”
    03 “Talking At the Same Time”
    04 “Get Lost”
    05 “Face to the Highway”
    06 “Pay Me”
    07 “Back In the Crowd”
    08 “Bad As Me”
    09 “Kiss Me”
    10 “Satisfied”
    11 “Last Leaf”
    12 “Hell Broke Luce”
    13 “New Year’s Eve”
    14 “She Stole the Blush” *
    15 “Tell Me” *
    16 “After You Die” *

AWWWW YEEEEEAAAA
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    im excited for the new staind album. \m/

• StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    The new Animals As Leaders album is entitled "Weightless".