Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huUpFIcH4Nw
    It'll probably grow on me, but I wasn't too impressed. Bass line is funky though \m/
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I wasn't too big on there last album so i hope this one is better.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    New Black Cobra album update!

The Bay Area's devastating duo Black Cobra have completed the recording process of their upcoming fourth full-length album, set for release in the Autumn months ahead.

For the recording of this, the band's second release for Southern Lord Recordings, Black Cobra recently ventured across the continent to pound out their anticipated new album, the follow-up to 2009's massively well-received Chronomega. This time around the outfit enlisted the talents of Converge guitarist Kurt Ballou and his God City Studio in Salem, Massachusetts for the first time. After a brutal week-and-a-half in the notorious lair, 'Cobra hammered out what will soon be known to the world as their almighty fourth full-length album, the album title now confirmed as Invernal. A full track listing, album art and other specific details will be announced in the shortly, but from an advance listen to the unmastered output of this savage outfit, we are confident in confirming that this is Black Cobra's most honed and diversified material to date, and will definitely tear your face off completely.

While Black Cobra's full-on tour cycle for Invernal has not yet began, as it undoubtedly will very shortly, the band have in the meantime been confirmed for several shows over the coming weeks, including an appearance at The Power Of The Riff Festival in Los Angeles on August 18 alongside Eyehategod, Pentagram, Winter, Pelican and more, a direct support spot for High On Fire in Oakland on August 27, an appearance at MusicFest Northwest festival in Portland and more. A rigorous amount of touring will continually be announced through the rest of 2011.

This should be a sick release. I can't wait to hear it \m/
    This will be good.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I agree with Slap on dat bass line. :-c
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Steel Panther has been awesome about keeping fans informed about the new album on their social websites, which I follow like a dork (I also watch singer Michael Starr’s Tout with homoerotic fervor.) Cough anyway, they reported in late May that recording had wrapped on their new album, and then on June 8 that the completed record was submitted to their label, and then a few days ago that Feel The Steel‘s follow-up is ready to roll out on Cocktober 18. The twelve-track record doesn’t have a name, but if the pattern started by Hole Patrol continues, the title must rhyme. That’s tough, man, no wonder it’s still untitled. I dunno, how about Grease The Crease? I kinda like Gash Bash. Or Prowlin’ Down In Browntown. Thik Dix Rip Slitz? Jesus sorry about that last one. I’ll just see myself out.

Fucking A \m/
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Athens, Ohio's SKELETONWITCH will release its new album, "Forever Abomination", on October 11 via Prosthetic Records. The follow-up to 2009's "Breathing The Fire" was recorded at a Los Angeles studio with producer Matt Hyde (SLAYER, MACHINE HEAD, KREATOR). The effort will include the track "The Infernal Resurrection", the demo version of which appears as the B-side on the final seven-inch of a limited-edition vinyl trilogy. This marks SKELETONWITCH's first recording with the group's new drummer, former DEMIRICOUS skin-pounder Dustin Boltjes.

image Photobucket
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    Athens, Ohio's SKELETONWITCH will release its new album, "Forever Abomination", on October 11 via Prosthetic Records. The follow-up to 2009's "Breathing The Fire" was recorded at a Los Angeles studio with producer Matt Hyde (SLAYER, MACHINE HEAD, KREATOR). The effort will include the track "The Infernal Resurrection", the demo version of which appears as the B-side on the final seven-inch of a limited-edition vinyl trilogy. This marks SKELETONWITCH's first recording with the group's new drummer, former DEMIRICOUS skin-pounder Dustin Boltjes.

gahhhn beat me to it
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    You see it on facebook?
    image Photobucket
    You see it on facebook?
    yeah
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Oct 4th!!!!

Photobucket

:-j