Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Crack The Skye, The Great Misdirect, Black Future, Metazoa, The Ichtyhologist, Marrow of the Spirit, Ecailles De Lune, Valley of Smoke, Eparistera Daimones, Scurrilous, and Lapsus are albums I'm sure I'll listen to 15 years from now.
    most of those are decent albums and some i dont know... but still those arent like classics or epic or whatevs they just pretty good. if i made a list of the best 500 albums of all time prolly like 3 would come from 2005 - 2010
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    You need to wait a while to give the more recent albums a fair perspective. It's too early to tell what albums will stand the test of time or not.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I was just going from 2009-2011. I could name a lot more if I included 2005-2008
    You need to wait a while to give the more recent albums a fair perspective. It's too early to tell what albums will stand the test of time or not.
    kinda true but then people cant say its an epic year for music either cuz u havent heard it or u havent heard it enough to judge.....it goes both waizzz
    I've already heard enough to say this year is better than last year. If the albums I'm expecting to be good are good, then it will be better than 2009.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Want new Anathema.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    I've already heard enough to say this year is better than last year. If the albums I'm expecting to be good are good, then it will be better than 2009.
    all im saying is i think theyre going to be meh but i cant have that opinion but you can say theyre going to be good <_>
    I never said you couldn't have that opinion. I'm saying you couldn't really judge how they will be viewed 15 years from now yet. <_>
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Matt Drake posted this on his facebook earlier, I saved it but forgot to post here

nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Evile is good. I never listened to Infected Nations, though.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    edited July 2011
    Evile is good. I never listened to Infected Nations, though.
    Evile is like new Slayer, but good. Very consistent.

I am expecting a new King's X album this year, which means that every band of my top 5 has a new album this year except for Ministry.

Edit: Diablo Swing isn't confirmed this year, but I bet there will be something, in case you are wondering these are my top 5 favorite bands.

1. King's X
    2. Primus
    3. Ministry
    4. Polkadot Cadaver
    5. Diablo Swing Orchestra
  • DreamtheaterDreamtheater Posts: 1,088 just the tip
    The hunter artwork is on blabbermouth \m/
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Matt Drake posted this on his facebook earlier, I saved it but forgot to post here

\m/

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    That's a badass album cover. Kind of reminds me of a Nile/Meshuggah sort of thing.
    I love winning with women
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    for mastodon fans, heres the new album cover

"That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I love winning with women
  • DreamtheaterDreamtheater Posts: 1,088 just the tip
    New megadeth album to be titled 13
    Seriously? Source?
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Seriously? Source?
    MEGADETH has set "13" as the title of its new album, tentatively due in November via Roadrunner Records. The CD was recorded at MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine's Vic's Garage studio in San Marcos, California with producer Johnny K (full name: John Karkazis), who has previously worked with DISTURBED, SEVENDUST, MACHINE HEAD and STAIND, among others. The artwork will once again be created by artist John Lorenzi, who was responsible for the artwork on the last two MEGADETH studio albums, 2007's "United Abominations" and 2009's "Endgame", as well as the band's 2007 box set, "Warchest".

Speaking to DJ Tom Russell of Rock Radio backstage at the U.K. edition of the Sonisphere festival at Knebworth earlier today (Friday, July 8), Mustaine stated about the new MEGADETH CD title, "I started playing guitar at 13 and this is our 13th record and I was born on the 13th. As soon as I said I was going to call it '13', I started noticing 13 everywhere. They never used to have 13th floors in hotels but now they have them again."

One of the songs that will appear on "13", "Public Enemy No. 1", was premiered during MEGADETH's headlining performance on July 4 at Docks in Hamburg, Germany. Fan-filmed video footage of the performance can be seen below.

Blabbermouth